• Published 24th May 2013
  • 1,007 Views, 48 Comments

Maybe for the last... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 34-36 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
6
 48
 1,007

Chapter 7

Chapter 7 – It came from under the rug

The short gallop comes to an end as you burst into the castle throne room, "Look for anything that could lead to a clue!" Twilight runs past the crystal throne with Spike behind her as she calls out to you, "Anything at all!"

You swing your head feverishly around the room as you repeat those words, anything? You search the room as you look around, if there was anything in here Shinning would have found it! There's no way he would had let his wife stay here if there was something left unchecked.

Your breathing quickens as you dart around the throne room not knowing if you should go and help Twilight or if you would just get in the way. You swing your eyes around the crystal windows as you look down at the city, the dome around it has moved back a little more you're sure of it... You feel your body shift a little as you feel your thoughts drifting into a magical tingle.

Ok ok fuck! If I was trying to hide a heart what would I do? You look over the throne as you hold the thought....i'm an evil pony that everyone fears...and i'm a king...You move a little closer to the throne as you look over the crystals on the back of the seat...You stare at the throne for a moment as you think, there's no way its that easy...Did he just turn the heart into the crystals on his throne?

You swallow as you call out, "Hey Twilight!"

Only a moment passes before she comes back into the room, "What?"

You nod to the colorful throne as you talk, "Would Sombra have pink crystals?"

She blinks at the throne for a moment before she speaks up, "...This is not Sombra's castle."

You cock your head to her, "Wait what?"

She lowers her head as she talks, 'Well at least it wouldn't look like this."

You watch as her horn starts up in a green glow. Your quick to speak up as you watch her horn's glow become brighter, "Twilight don..." You stop your voice as you watch her horn lose the human like glow and instead turn more of a dark purple green glow...her eyes have a slight purple glow to them as she squints her eyes shut. But the spell doesn't last long as her horn shoots a jagged black-green bolt to the large pink crystal of the throne. Unlike the normal magical chime a low almost bubbly sound comes through the room as a shadow comes over the throne and begins to creep its way up the floor.

You take a step back as you look over the growing shadow cautiously.

But your gaze shifts to the ground below your feet as you hear a loud cracking sound. You take a few more steps back as the floor beneath you gives way to a staircase.

Twilight gives a sigh as she shakes her head.

"What was that?" Spike looks over the crack in the ground in shock as he talks.

"That was something Celestia showed me." She gives a smile as she walks over to the start of the spiralling stairs. Her body shivers a little and her voice sounds a little off as she places her first hoof on the stairs.

You bring you head up as you look over her and her horn, "Are you alright?"

She nods her head as she talks, "Its more or less the same kind of magic Crystals uses..." She pauses at the name before she continues, "...But its much easier to control than human magic."

You nod to her as her horn takes on a low purple glow, "Come on."

You follow behind her as you try to hold your eyes from looking down the dark fall.
Spike starts after you but Twilight quickly turns her head, "Spike go and tell Shining we need a little bit more time...and if we don't come back in a few minutes get everypony down here, this has to be where Sombra hid the heart."

Twilight picks her pace back up as you watch the floor above you start to drift behind you.

This stairway down is cold, damp and smells like nothing but rocks and dirt, which really doesn't have a smell but after the floor gave way to this a lot of dust still whips around your nose.

You tilt your head over the side, still making sure your body is pressed against the wall as you look down. The bottom of the room can't be seen and it looks and feels like this spiral staircase is getting bigger and longer.

Twilight's voice is low as she talks, "We need to hurry if we want to make it back to Cadance." At the end of her words she picks her pace up further. You try your best to keep up with her but you're not the best stair climber, but you manage to keep your pace as the light from the top of the stairs begins to become absent.

You widen your eyes to Twilight's horn as you focus on the purple light, the last thing you want to do is fall so you place each step a little cautiously, "Twilight how deep do yo..-"

Your voice is cut off as your hoof slips against the damp crystal stairs, your breath is rushed as you struggle to readjust yourself but your over compensation leads to your downfall as you tip against your mindlessly moving hooves.

Twilight turns her head back to your scuffle as you feel the ground beneath your right hoof become absent. "AhhH!" , Your eyesight blers as your weight follows your slipping hoof. The only thought that can race in your mind in the quick blurred motion is simple and painful, i'm dead.

The thought is not held long as your fall leads you against the cold stone ground beneath you with a loud thump. You have fallen onto your right side and the wind has been knocked out of you, the dirt and dust around you now stirs and saturates your muzzle as you give a few wheezing coughs trying to regain your breathes.

Your ears are ringing a little as you listen to Twilight's hooves clapping against the hard stairs as the light of her horn gets closer, "Are you alright!!"

You give a few more dust filled coughs as you try to bring your dirt body up, its at this moment you realize the sharp pain in your right leg. You let out a yelp as the muscles in it tense to the shift in your body. You're unable to bring yourself up the way you have learned, all you can do is bring yourself to a three hoofed crouch almost.

Twilight's voice picks up a little as you feel her magic wrapping around you, "Wait, wait, wait... don't hurt yourself."

With the aid of her magical pull your able to bring your body upright again as you give a low echo groan.

Twilight's horn glows brighter as she brings her head to your leg, "Let me se-.."

You cut her pained voice off as you grind your teeth and wave your bad hoof to her, "I'm fine, i'm fine, its just sprained." You hold the thought as the muscle starts to loosen a little, "If it were broke I doubt I could stand."

Twilight doesn't shift her head from you as she looks you over. But you steady your breathing as you notice a slight glimmer behind her, the outline looks like a door and sure enough as the dust settles theres no doubt in your mind at what you're looking at, "Twilight..." You motion your head behind her.

As she turns you take a look around the room you're in, the bottom of the...pit, is a lot larger than you thought and looks like it covers the whole throne room's length. You drift your head up as you look to the light shining in from the top of the stairs. You breath a sigh of relief as you look up, the room is not too far down the stairs are just mashed together to make it look like a long drop.

"...This is it!"

You bring your head back to Twilight as you listen to her voice.

"The crystal heart has to be here." She looks back to you as she moves a little closer to the door, "Lets go Equestria is counting on us."

You look over the old dark wood door as you move closer to it, Sombra hid the strongest weapon in the Crystal Empire behind a old wooden door. You give a slight laugh as you stand next to Twilight, a wooden door against a super pony librarian alien firebending wizard... You hold the smile as Twilight's hoof opens the door.

The room that the door opens to is strangely bright and you and Twilight give each other a happy look as you both walk through it.

The room you walk into is a bright white marble room that closely resembles the Canterlot throne room, you squint at the area around you as you speak up in a slight chuckle, "Twilight it...-"

Your voice is cut off as you hear a loud booming slam behind you. You quickly turn your head back to the now closed door in a little shock, "What was that?" You stare at the out of place door resting against the white marble as you wait for a response...but nothing comes. You turn yourself to where Twilight was standing only a second ago but the lavender mare has vanished. You jerk your head around the room as you call out her name, "Hey Twilight?"

Your normal tone is quickly changed as you look around the empty replica Canterlot throne room, "Twilight?!" Twilig!!..-"

The room before you is quickly changed into a darkening stone like grayish orange as a echoing laugh fills the room, "Hello Human did you miss me?"

You straighten your posture to the male voice as you look around the darkening room.

End of chapter 7