• Published 24th May 2013
  • 1,007 Views, 48 Comments

Maybe for the last... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 34-36 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
6
 48
 1,007

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – So much for a snow day

The train ride from Ponyville to Canterlot was short and uncrowded; from what you guess most ponies weren't really leaving the town. Which is something you wish you didn't have to do; the ride was fairly smooth but the wind on the outskirts of the town was a little bit more prominent but for the most part you could not even tell it was snowing. You hold your head up to the sky above Canterlot as you follow after the group of talking mares in front of you...The sky above the city is cloudless and the bright sun shines through onto the marble white buildings, and just like usual your absent mindedness is brought to an end as you dodge a on coming stallion.

You refocus your mind on following as you adjust the filly still being held in your leg's grasp. Violet doesn't seem to mind your slow walk as she swings her head around the busy streets. You on the other hand are now more paranoid than ever; having all these ponies around you that you don't know makes you feel a little uneasy but you're able to back the feeling off as you catch up to the six mares still talking.

"...Honestly Celestia should give us more warning before she just calls us up here all willy nilly." Rarity's horn glows a faint blue as she adjust the bright royal blue scarf around her neck.

Rainbow rolls her eyes as she floats herself forwards as she backstrokes her wings to turn to Rarity, "Seriously why do you have a scarf? The clouds didn't get this high."

Rarity jerks her head up as she continues her trot, "You'll be wanting a scarf when they do get here." She turns her gaze to the little purple dragon struggling to carry her luggage as she talks, "Now Spiky don't drag that box, its an antique."

Spike puffs out his cheeks as he lifts the wooden box up a little more, "Anything for you Rarity."

Rainbow shakes her head as she looks back in front of her, "So Twilight why didn't those clouds get up here yet?"

You perk your ear up a little as you wait for her answer.

Twilight cocks her head up a little as she thinks, "Well it could be that Princess Celestia has the sun a little closer to burn off any unwanted cloud cover."

You shake your head with a little chuckle as you take a second to look up, all hail the sun goddess.

Pinkie gives a loud laugh as she pokes her head to Twilight, "Or maybe the clouds were made of cotton candy and they ate them?" Her overjoyed smile is only meet with blank stares as Applejack starts her voice up more seriously,

"The Princess should've done that to my farm, there's no way we can get any zap apples if this storm keeps up much longer."

As her comment swings through the group its followed by yellow mare walking at the end of the group, "And all the poor animals think its time to hibernate, I had to wake up three of my bear friends who fell asleep in Carrot Top's barn."

Twilight nods her head as she talks, "Were almost there, i'll make sure she’s made aware of everything."

Your eyes grow a little as you think over her comment, bear friends? You shrug the comment off as Violet starts to get a little antsy in your hold. You move your head down as you talk to her in a low voice, "Almost there Violet."

Her button eyes look up at you as you give her a smile. She stops her fidgeting for a moment as she again swings her head around the other ponies around you two.

You give a short sigh as you look up to the arches you walk under, the normal armoured ponies that usually are standing on them are not there but as you bring your head back in front of you, you notice a few armour suited ponies walking past you.

Rainbow sets herself to her hooves as she stretches her wings out as the castle stairs come a few feet in front of the group.

Spike lets out a sigh as he places his box to the ground, "Finally." He sits himself on it as he waves his hand, "You guys go on, i'll wait out here."

Rarity follows his motion as she trots over to him, "Yes, I think i'll stay out here to, thats enough walking for right now. I need to rest my hooves."

You give a little smirk to her comment as Violet starts to squirm again.

"Ok, well it should only be a minutes so I guess i'll go in." Twilight nods to you all as she starts up the stairs. Applejack, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rainbow walk back over to where you, Rarity and Spike stand.

Violet wiggles her legs to the ground as you slowly placed her down, "ok ok." You give a little chuckle to her excitement as you listen to her light happy wheezing.

You watch the little filly closely as she starts to walk around the group...bad move. As she moves closer to Fluttershy the yellow mare bends her head down as she smiles to the little filly, "OH you're so cute, aren't you."

You give a smile as the yellow pegasus scoops Violet up. The little filly's face has a mixture of looks as her exploring is brought to an end before it even started but she holds a smile as the ground beneath her hooves is taken from her.

Fluttershy nuzzles her head to the filly happily as she hovers above the ground.

But the yellow mare's grip is lost as Pinkie wiggles her hooves to her, "Hey, Violet, hey Violet. Look what Pinkie can do." Pinkie dips her hoof into her puffball excuse for a mane as she pulls out a long pink balloon. With a quick breath she brings the blown up balloon to her hooves as she twist at the balloon for a few seconds. The pink pony gives a smile as she holds up the creation, "tadah! It's a dog!"

You blink at the balloon animal that is slowly deflating as you look down to your hoof, how did she do that? I can't even write my name correctly? You give a low chuckle to yourself as you think, great I now can remember how bad I am at being normal.

Fluttershy slowly brings Violet down to her hooves as the filly starts to squirm a little.

"Did you like it?" Pinkie still holds the now barely still blown up balloon animal in her hoof as she pokes her smiling face to the filly.

Violet blinks at the pink mare a little confused, but she gives a smile as she gallops away from her.

The moment of fun and games is brought to an end as you notice Violet not stopping, crap. "Wait Violet!"

The little filly happily gallops a little fast as she notices you following after her, Rainbow follows after you as Violet takes a turn towards the garden area.

Violet is still not faster than you so as you catch up to her you slow your pace down and start to join in to her play. Her once neatly combed mane that resembled Twilight's now is wind blown as she jerks her head back and forth between you and her path.

You give a light chuckle as she brings herself to a stop as she looks around the stone statues around the garden.

Rainbow follows your stop as she stands next to you.

You look over the cyan mare as you smile.

She turns her eyes to you for a moment as she talks, "Pff, don't look at me like that. We both know i'm faster."

You think over the letters you read a few days ago before bringing your hoof up in front of you, "Horse shoe tossing."

Rainbow rolls her eyes as she walks in front of you, "Alright Violet lets get you back before Twilight finds you got away agi-..."

You squint at her stop in voice as you quickly look back to where Violet was, the light purple filly still stares around the statues but has now stopped on one as she holds her blue eyes to it.

You get a sharp twinge in your stomach as you look over the remaining half broken statue. Your quick to move as you scoop up the filly up from the broken statue.

"W-Why is that here?"

You back up to where Rainbow stands as you keep your eyes squarely focused on the tail wrapped statue base that leads up to the cracky goat leg and scaly gator like leg.

"Well, what would the world be without chaos?"

You both turn your heads to the low voice behind you, you look over the large dark blue mare as Rainbow speaks for your confusion, "Luna?"

The Princess gives a little smile as she nods her head, "And a hello to you Rainbow Dash, element of loyalty." Her voice slightly lightens up to its lispy tone as she talks more, "It is strange that you would be here when your friends are not."

The tall pony smiles to the little filly in your grasp as she talks, "We presume you are to blame?"

Violet gives a little leg wiggle to the ponies face, but you don't share in there quick change of mood as you think over the stone past nightmare that stands only half broken behind you. Your voice is a little quiet but you focus on your words as you talk, "Why is Discord here?"

Luna's eyes shift back to the stone as her royal sounding voice comes back, "Chaos can never truly be wiped from Equestria, it can only be altered or bound."

You don't really accept her answer as you shift your head back to the half made jagged stone.

Rainbow nudges you as she talks, "We should probably get back, Twilight should be done talking to Celestia."

You both give a slight nod to Luna as you walk past her, but as you do she follows after you two, "Ah yes our sister has informed us of the task at hoof."

Your ears perk up as you turn your head to her, "And wha-..."

Your voice is cut off as Twilight's voice calls out to you as you three leave the hiding hedges of the garden, "There you two are...Oh, hello Princess."

Luna gives a smiling nod to Twilight as she walks over to you, "Hello Twilight Sparkles."

The lavender mare takes Violet from your hold as she talks, "We need to get going, we still need to drop you off don't we?" Violet gives a smile to her mothers voice as Twilight holds onto her.

Luna again speaks up as she listens to Twilight, "If we may ask, you where not going to take Violet to Velvet's and Night Light's correct?"

Twilight gives a confused nod as she talks, "Yes, we need somepony to watch her."

"But surely you are aware that thou brother has told them to go to Fillydelphia for this week yes?"

You and Twilight give each other a look as you think over the pony's comment.

Twilight speaks for you both, "N-no I didn't know that...this is terrible, I can't take Violet with us its too dangerous."

Your ears perk up to her word as you talk, "Where are we going?" Rainbow follows your confusion as she speaks up, "Ya Twilight its just some clouds?"

Twilight is cut off from answering you as Luna speaks over you two, "If Twilight is in need of help we are perfectly capable of this task."

You swing your head to her as you think, ya have Violet stay in a castle she doesn't know with ponies she doesn't know and on top of all that near the broken down undead monster of chaos outside...note to self fuck no! You shake your head as you start to talk.

But your voice is cut off by Twilight's as she talks, "Oh Princess I can't ask you to do that...."

"Not at all Ms.Sparkles, we have nothing asked of us today, Celestia has asked us to refrain from bringing the moon out until your task is complete, we have no other things asked of us today."

You swing your head back to Twilight now with the other question poking at your mouth, "where are we going?"

Again you're ignored as Twilight talks, "I don't have to many of Violet's things..."

The Princess quickly sways her hoof as she talks, "Not to worry we are more than capable of taking care of a young unicorn."

You watch as Twilight starts to slowly start to accept the offer before you can speak up Twilight agrees.

"Wait wait wait, I don't think Violet should stay here." You sway your head between the two ponies as they look at you confused.

Twilight starts to second guess herself as she nods her head. But she's quick to speak in a low voice as she talks, "But this would be the only place we can keep Violet safe while we're gone."

You blink at her as you try to fight with leaving Violet here with Luna or going with Twilight.

The dark blue mare is quick to talk as she straightens up her posture, "You would have nothing to fear, we are very sure that Violet would have much of the ...fun while she is here."

You squint at her funny sounding voice.

Twilight stares at you as she waits for your input, "What do you want to do?"

You snap out of your stare of Luna as you look back to her. You blink between her as you look over Violet's baby like O face, "C-can you not take her into the garden?"

Luna nods her head as she waits for you to finish.

You continue down your list as Rainbow and Twilight dip away from you two and back to their friends who have been waiting silently at the bottom of the stairs to the castle, "...She likes to play tag so don't gallop after her too fast ok? And you have to make sure you don't let her eat too many cupcakes, and you have to make sure all the doors are locked! An...-"

Your list is cut off as Twilight comes back hovering a small satchel. Luna nods her head as Twilight goes down the same list you started explaining only a few moments earlier.

You swallow back your comments as you watch Twilight kiss the little filly’s head as she places her next to the tall dark pony, "Mommy will be right back ok?"

Violet stares at Twilight for a moment before she gives a little smile.

You hold your smile to the happy filly as you watch Twilight rub her hoof around the little filly, "Be good for Luna ok?"

Violet gives another little smile as Twilight plants another kiss to the little unicorns forehead.

Luna pokes her head down to the little filly as she talks in a low lispy tone, "We will have much of the fun yes?"

Violet stares up to the pony with a smile as she wraps her hooves around a piece of the night Princess's flowing mane. Luna looks a little suprised to the little filly as she breaks free of the happy filly’s grasp.

Twilight starts to walk past you to her friends as she holds her smile to you. You rub over the little filly’s mane as you give a low sigh, "We'll be back soon."

You hold your gaze for a moment before you follow after the lavender mare that now stands near her friends.

You and Twilight give one last look back to Luna and Violet before starting down the road. Rainbow is the first to talk as she picks herself off the ground, "Where are we going anyways?"

Twilight turns her gaze back to the cyan mare as she talks, "The Crystal Empire..."

End of chapter 2