• Published 17th May 2013
  • 3,801 Views, 54 Comments

The Galactic Empire vs Equestria - sonicdash123



Luke Skywalker has landed at an unexplored planet when his cruiser was destroyed by the empire. The rebel alliance will now team up with talking ponies to stop Darth Vader from taking over Equestria.

  • ...
34
 54
 3,801

Chapter 8: The Battle Begins

An alarm has been sounded because the enemy is coming now. "ALL PILOTS HEAD TO YOUR SHIPS," the announcer said. Charming Thunder, Rainbow Dash, and the other pilots headed to their ships and prepared for take off. Rainbow Dash's ship was the fastest ship called the A-Wing. Once she got to her cockpit, she puts on her helmet which has her cutie mark painted on the two front sides. She activated the engines of her ship and began take off sequence. Charming Thunder did the same for his ship and during take off it started to lift off the ground and when it was high enough, the ship rotated and flew straight towards the direction the enemy is coming from. Royal Guards and soldiers sets up their turrets in the the trenches. A rebel soldier used his electro binoculars to check the enemy position and saw three AT-ATs, five AT-STs, and tons of troopers entering the area.

---------------------

Charming Thunder was in front of Rogue Squadron heading towards the three Star Destroyers that are heading towards the castle. "All wings report in," Charming Thunder said into his helmet microphone.

"Red Leader standing by," Wedge said.

"Gold Leader standing by," a Y-Wing pilot said.

"Green Leader standing by," Rainbow Dash said.

"Lock S-foils in attack positions," Wedge said as he flipped the switches to open the wings of his starfighter. The other pilots did the same with their B-Wings and X-Wings.

Charming Thunder heard beeping sounds on his sensors that the enemy has deployed fighters. He then said, "We got fighters in bound! Take evasive action." Every ship broke off into groups to start their attack. "Accelerate to attack speed." The TIE Fighters, Interceptors, and Defenders were coming in really fast followed by Darth Vader's TIE Fighter.

"Stay in attack formation," Darth Vader said to his wingmen.

---------------------

The stormtroopers were walking towards the entrance with the AT-ST walkers to the castle when suddenly they got blasted by the two rebel soldiers at the window of the castle. The other Stormtroopers looked around to find out where that shot came from when one of them saw a thermal detonator being thrown towards at the group. "GRENADE! GET DOWN!" One of the troopers said while the group took cover. Half of the squad got caught in the explosion and blaster fire was heard all around them. The battle has finally begun.

---------------------

"Watch it, Charming Thunder," Wedge shouted. "You've got one on your tail."

"I see him," Charming Thunder said. The TIE Fighter that is pursuing him started to fire at his ship but his shields were still holding. He then flew upwards to go behind the fighter and blasted the ship to pieces.

"Charming Thunder," Rainbow said. "I could use some help here." Rainbow Dash is being followed by one TIE Fighter and she couldn't get him of her tail. Charming Thunder then saw her and went behind the enemy fighter shot it down. "Thanks. I owe you one."

"Don't mention it and-" His ship took a hit and he noticed that Darth Vader was on his tail.

"I'll take him myself," Darth Vader said. "Cover me."

"Yes, sir," his wingman said.

---------------------
The speeders were attacking the AT-ATs so that they would have an advantage of winning the battle. Luke Skywalker jumped to the top of an AT-ST and opened the top hatch and sliced the drivers in the walker. He then took control of the walker and used it to shoot down the other walkers and blast the rest of the troops.

Twilight was at the castle watching the battle take place outside of the castle and saw one of the walkers attacking other walkers. An explosion was heard at the door that was in front of them and the troops entered the room blasting some of the guards. Twilight used her magic to blast them back as Shining armor used his protection spell on everyone. "Imperial troops have entered the castle, Commander," the rebel trooper said. "Imperial troops have entered the -" he was cut off when a stormtrooper shot him.