• Published 17th May 2013
  • 3,801 Views, 54 Comments

The Galactic Empire vs Equestria - sonicdash123



Luke Skywalker has landed at an unexplored planet when his cruiser was destroyed by the empire. The rebel alliance will now team up with talking ponies to stop Darth Vader from taking over Equestria.

  • ...
34
 54
 3,801

Chapter 7: War Preparations

The shuttle had finally touched down to the planet's surface and deployed their troops. Lord Vader came out of his shuttle with two elite imperial forces called Shadow Guards. They look identical to the Emperor's Royal Guard except that their armor and visor colors were inverted, with the full body armor and robe being black and the visor red. The weapons they were holding was a lightsaber pike and a heavy blaster pistol including a medpac that was in their utility belts. Darth Vader looked around until he saw a castle in the distance. "Admiral Piett," he said while holding his comlink, "signal the Star Destroyers to head to that castle. We will start our search there."

"Yes, my lord," the admiral replied. The Star Destroyers began to push forward to the castle so that their search for Luke Skywalker and the rebels can begin. Darth Vader then headed to his TIE Fighter to join the fighter group to escort the cruisers to safety.

---------------------

The rebels brought their X-Wings, Y-Wings, B-Wings, and A-Wings for the fight in the air as they also brought their speeders in case the empire brings in some walkers. Charming Thunder returned to Canterlot with his Firespray and landed it with the others. Fluttershy and other fillies and colts were setting up the medical tents and putting some medical supplies away. Rainbow Dash was with the ponies who have volunteered and rebel soldiers learning how to fly the spaceships and speeders and how to use the harpoon gun which was on the back of the speeder. Even the Wonderbolts are helping out for this fight. Applejack and other earth ponies were busy making trenches outside of the castle. Princesses Cadence, Luna, and Celestia are held safe inside the throne room with Shining Armor, Twilight Sparkle, and other members of the royal guard stood guard at the door. Rarity was in charge of giving the pilots their helmets when they are ready for flight. Someone announced that the mission briefing is about to begin and everyone went to the briefing room to receive their instructions.

The briefing room had a map of Equestria with locations marked on the map where the enemy will strike. Luke Skywalker entered the room and everyone was quiet to listen. "Everyone," Luke announced. "the Empire is about to make their strike at this castle and we need to make sure that the citizens and the princesses are safe. Now, I have discovered that Darth Vader is leading their forces and he will be in his fighter."

Charming Thunder stepped in and asked, "What are we going to do about it?"

"You will take command of your squadron and hold off the fighters. And I will lead the ground forces to push those troops back. If Darth Vader comes to the ground, I will confront him myself. The fate of this world rests in our hands...and hooves. May the force be with us all."

---------------------

Charming Thunder was on his way to receive his pilot helmet and before he left the room, Rarity looked at him and said, "Do you have a minute?"

"Sure, Rarity," Charming Thunder said. "What is it?"

"Twilight told me that she is worried about you. And that she cares about you whatever happens to you."

"We all are," said Fluttershy with Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight. "Oh. I'm sorry for interrupting."

"Its ok, Fluttershy," Charming Thunder said.

"Anyways. We all are worried that you might not come back alive and-"

Rarity paused when Charming Thunder said, "Hey, its ok. I'll be fine. I promise. I promise you both that I will come back in one piece." Charming Thunder then did a group hug with the mane six as one of them started to cry.