• Published 12th Jun 2013
  • 810 Views, 16 Comments

Fluttervile - Aiet



the pain of name and love. can one live knowing his fate? a human's trip to equestria.

  • ...
22
 16
 810

"... on the wall."

Chapter one:

"... on the wall."

warm, slow spring days held the inhabitants of equestria in bliss with soft breezes. the day was fine with many ponies walking about their business in ponyville. picnics and play dates where held through out the day. the sky was clear, the sun was bright, and the air was crisp. birds sung high and joy laughed loudly. why would anypony want to spend the day inside? only one pony did, along with a small dragon, spending the day experimenting with the forces of magic. loud clacking and grunting came from within the tree house from open windows.

"you ready spike?"

two small purple claws gripped the side of a frameless mirror, four feet high and two feet wide. ten feet from a purple unicorn with a dark blue mane with purple and pink stripes running down the middle stood the young dragon tightly closing his eyes, bracing himself. with fierce concentration, the purple unicorn counted down with her horn glowing a dark red. the air popped and sizzled with energy as the unicorn's eyes narrowed, focusing on the tilted mirror.

"three...two...one!" a crimson beam crackled angrily as it flew at the mirror, flowing over the reflective surface, rippling towards the dragon. the light dissipated into the purple dragon as he snaked his head around the mirror, his green spikes on top of his head flaring. she blinked at the still mirror. nothing happened to the mirror held up by spike.

"is that it?" looking towards the unicorn questioning the experiment.

"I didn't feel a thing." spike eyed the front of the mirror. not a single sign of disturbance marred the reflective surface.

"let's try another mirror," the unicorn said dismissively as she levitated a quill and scribbled down notes into a journal.

"sure thing twilight." spike carefully laid the mirror down to the side grabbing a wider one that was held with a frame. over the next hour mirror after mirror, wide, skinny, short, and tall, was hit with crimson beams that yielded no results. notes cluttered the journal as each failure was written with more and more frustration. twilight sat down in frustration finally giving up. she took a deep breath to calm herself down but was meet with more failure.

"damn it! this stupid spell is suppose to show us other worlds but it's useless!" she laid down on the floor, closing her eyes in dismay. spike shuffled around placing down a mirror a little wider and taller then himself. a small gasp came from spike as he passed an upright mirror.

"um, well..." spike stepped out from behind the mirror pile. twilight opened her eyes, looking at the young dragon in wonder. spike walked forward with his arms outstretched examining his body. his scales where no longer purple but a deep crimson that reflected the light off at low angles casting a circle of red light around him. it skirted along the ground nearly a foot in diameter, dark in the middle and becoming lighter as it expanded out.

" the energy must have absorbed into your scale's pigment. it should wear off eventually." twilight looked spike over with a raised eyebrow. it was very interesting seeing how the experiment was a failure.

"this is actually cool." the now crimson dragon admired himself slowly caressing his scales. twilight simply nodded her head as she turned to the door.

"let's go get lunch somewhere." spike walked off towards the door as twilight gave the last mirror a dirty look. it was seven foot tall and five foot across leaning against the wall without a frame, the largest mirror of the bunch. planting her hooves and her horn glowing once again she shot a crimson beam off in anger at the last mirror. when the light hit a chorus of shattering glass rocked the library. twilight and spike watched in fear as the mirror levitated, shaking violently, the glass somehow still intact. crimson electricity surged through the mirror as wind blasted from the center, throwing open the windows and the door. the mirror appeared to dissolve into a void, the reflective surface jutting outward and a blood red tunnel grew in the void.

"twilig..." spike was silenced as many things happened at once. a deafening roar that threaten to burst ear drums blasted through the air. slapping wind tore at hair and skin, knocking off books and scattering papers. rocking ground shook the library throwing even more objects to the ground from selves and walls. the library groaned as if it was to collapse in onto it's self but it held in the endeavor.

"ahhhh!" the roar died off and a yell built from inside the vortex, coming closer. then the yell flew through the mirror belonging to a large body that slammed into the floor with a loud thud. the mirror vibrated violently and shattered into large fragments, the pieces flying out windows and the door. the vortex snapped out of existence suddenly and everything grew still. twilight and spike stared at the mass on the ground laying still in shock. nothing happened for a minute but then the body moved shifting it's self. spike ducked behind twilight closing his eyes she stared rooted into the floor wide eyed at the thing.

"ow..." a low groan came from the pile of flesh and cloth as it brought it's head about. spike poked his face out from behind twilight eyeing the strange thing.

"stupid apartment, I knew they didn't fix the floor. probably in the damn neighbor's living room." a deep voice muttered to itself as its head picked up, dark brown eyes contacted twilight's royal purple. their gazes locked both in wide eyed bewilderment and neither moved a muscle. complete silence filled the room.

"um... I don't think this is the neighbor's room." their stares held each other in complete mystery, no one making a move. twilight's jaw suddenly worked once again and spoke on it's own accord.

"no...it's a library." spike walked out from behind twilight as she finished her sentence. he stood beside twilight no longer afraid of the stranger but intrigued.

"and our house." spike added as he moved more into the line of sight.

"... and they talk. I must have hit my head really hard." the stranger got up still holding twilight's eyes. curiosity got the better of him and spike slowly crept up to it reaching out for a single touch. twilight finally broke eye contact and quikly grabbed spike clutching him to her chest.

"are you crazy? it could be dangerous." twilight squeezed spike tightly but he didn't mind as he was more interested in the large creature. it looked at twilight with mild disbelief.

"HE is not dangerous at all as long as you are not to him." he stared down twilight in soft irritation.

"uh, sorry I was just worried about him." twilight eased on her death grip and spike shuffled forward. he tilted his head back to meet the eyes of the large...he.

"wow! you're tall," spike said in awe. then a low grumbling noise came from all three breaking the award silence. spike looked at him with a slight blush.

"we where about to go eat. would you like to come with us?" spike smiled broadly but was answered with a blank expression. twilight quikly interrupted spike before any other answer could be made.

" I don't think that's a good idea. all the other ponies might get frighten with such a giant creature." twilight walk over to spike with her horn lighting up, magically closing the door and windows. he looked at twilight with a blank glare.

"do I frighten you?" he said with a mild bite of venom. twilight lowered her head in embarrassment mumbling something about strange things suddenly roaming the town. looking for a change of subject she then scanned the room in it's disheveled state. twilight levitated a broom and dust pan to spike trying to clean up the mess.

"let's get started spike." books littered the ground along with broken glass from mirrors and picture frames. loose paper and quills were scattered across the ground and ink jars tipped over staining surfaces. he stood in spot as twilight and spike cleaned the library in just under ten minutes. twilight levitated books back into place, papers in stacks, and quells in bundles. spike swept up glass into piles off to the side and wiped up ink. the entire time he stared at the ground around his feet with looks of confusion. spike stopped swiping and looked up at him.

"um, are you ok?" giving spike no answer he just continued to stare at the ground without word. twilight watched him with her mind racing.

he's most likely scared. he's in a new world, suddenly ripped from his, thrown into ours by force. he seems so confused. so... lost. and it's all my fault. I didn't mean for this to happen it was an accident. I intend to fix this mess with all my power.

she turned to spike whispering instructions into his ear and he walked off and out of sight. he looked up from the ground and watched twilight.

"secrets don't make friends." he said idly at twilight as she returned her gaze at him.

"I was only telling him to get ready to get some food." twilight moved from her spot and slowly walked towards him. a floor board raised slightly from the rest had caught twilight's hoof sending her fumbling at him. she quickly corrected her self and stood up right fast but brought her muzzle into his clothed crotch. he gave twilight a strange look as she simply held here face there. then it dinged on twilight on the anatomy of different creatures and she jerked back blushing brightly. spike had walked in, unaware, and watched trying to hold back his laughter.

"sorry, I didn't me to! it was an accident." twilight sputtered and backed up fast from him. he stood there still giving twilight a strange look but it became a blank slate again. spike manage to get himself under control and walked to twilight, holding a small leather pouch that jingled with each step. twilight turned to spike, her face still slightly red.

"good, now..." twilight began but was quickly interrupted by a loud crack. a table leg snapped off from an end table, sending a flower pot into the air soaring right at the large being. the pot was aimed for his chest but was stopped mid flight with a swift pluck out of the air. he brought the pot to his face and examined the flower as both twilight and spike stared slack-jawed. spike was the first to recover and fidgeted with excitement.

"I'm going for lunch." spike rushed out the door, his foot steps receding into the distance. leaving twilight and the new strange creature, spike rushed off nearly unable to contain his excitement of twilights failed yet successful experiment that brought a foreign creature. he wondered what all he was capable of doing after seeing such an amazing catch. spike wondered if he could juggle as he ran off down the path to a boutique.

"Rarity is not going to believe this!" his feet pattered down the road and quickly headed to a friend of twilight's and his crush that no one could possibly know about, after all it was his best kept secret. after that he thought about getting the rest of the gang and not to mention the food as his stomach growled loudly again.

"mirror, mirror..."

"when you're lost there's nowhere to go but forward. one step at a time - and the way will show itself."