• Published 12th Jun 2013
  • 811 Views, 16 Comments

Fluttervile - Aiet



the pain of name and love. can one live knowing his fate? a human's trip to equestria.

  • ...
22
 16
 811

Butterflies

Chapter eight:

“Butterflies”

Fluttershy and Dolorem made it to her cottage in a few minutes, not a single other pony was out along the way. Inside a grunting could be heard and the scrapping of clay.

“OK just a little more to the left.” fluttershy hovered in the air directing dolorem as he held a large plain clay vase, a white rabbit glared at him from afar. He didn't struggle much under the weight of the vase but it was wide and it's smooth surface was hard to hold on to. She waved her hooves signaling him to place it down and he was only happy to oblige. He set it down, giving a sigh of relief. He was glad he came because he knew she would never be able to move that by herself. He leaned slightly on the vase and wiped his forehead.

“Alright what else?” he looked at her as she lowered her head and landed softly.

“Well that was it.” she moved to him, looking at him.

“and for all your hard work I wanted you to stay for dinner. If that's ok with you.” she watched dolorem as he raised an eyebrow.

“but it's only noon.” fluttershy looked around nervously.

“oh ok that's fine we can...” dolorem hushed her and looked deeply into her eyes. She went silent and stared back.

“ok let's go eat.” she nodded her head and walked off to the kitchen followed by dolorem. They sat down at the table and he noticed it had already been set up before hand. the rabbit rolled his eyes and hopped away.

She had this all planned out.

He looked at her smiling and she blushed.

“I wanted you to have a nice meal. I know spike cooks but twilight never has him buy different things to cook. So I wanted to show you other things that we eat. And I really hope you like it.” dolorem kept smiling and nodded. They began eating and when dolorem reached for a role in a basket fluttershy caught sight of his palm left. A long thin line ran across his palm, white on the inside and red along the edges. Dolorem brought his hand back and continued to eat. Fluttershy look at dolorem.

“you never finished your story. That's if you don't mind.” he looked up at her with a small smile that held a little pain.

“I have lived in a lot of different places in my world, nearly all around it. I was living in a twenty story building on the very top. It would have been a nice view but all you could see was more buildings all around. It was a noisy day with the business going on along the ground. Even the few birds that where there sang but then everything went quiet. I noticed it when the bird that had been singing on a wire near my window suddenly stopped and flew off. I didn't think much of it until I heard that every bird had stopped and was flying off. Then a loud rumble built into the air and everything shook violently. It was an earthquake, a very powerful one, ripping apart everything. The building I was living in was hit directly by a split in the ground. The floor in my room cracked down the middle and pulled apart several feet. I could hear screaming below me and the grinding of the concert as it fell apart. I was thrown around in my room and nearly into the rip. Finally everything stopped moving and I could stand again. The ground below was in chaos, people screamed and cried to one another, holes sunk deeply. I had to drop onto the floors below if I was going to get out, I made my way dropping down the split into other people's room. I was halfway down when I heard a scream. Even though I heard screaming the entire time this was near me. I stopped my decent and searched for the source when I found her. It was a young woman and she was leaning off the ledge of the side out the window. I walked to her when a loud snap hit the air. She was reaching for a cat that was stuck below her when the floor gave out. She screamed as she fell and reached for anything to hold on to. She was able to grab a metal cable and I rushed to her. When I got to her the cable snapped and she began to fall so I dived and grabbed for it. The only part I could grab was a thin metal wire that was in it and I held on. She was flailing around and I tried to calm her down. The wire was cutting into my palm with her weight and bleeding a lot. I was about to pull her up when it snapped. Everything slowed down as I watched her fall. She looked me strait in the eye as she fell, she didn't have the breath to scream and fell silently. I watched her until dust and debris hid her from me, I let go of the wire and let it follow her down. the cat had made it's way to safety and began climbing down on it's own. I continued my way down, her eyes burned into mine. I hadn't realize how deep the cut was until I was at the hospital and was told by doctors that I wouldn't have full function of that hand anymore. I had to retain my hand and finally proved them wrong after a year. The scar will never go away and I don't think her eyes well either.” dolorem flexed his hand, remembering the pain he endured. He heard a sniffling and turned to fluttershy. She had her face down and tears fell from her eyes. Dolorem got up, walked over to her and placed his hand under her chin, pulling her face up to him. He smiled a kind, warm smile.

“it's ok don't cry. There is nothing to be sad about.” she smiled closing her eyes and pushing her muzzle into his hand. Slowly he pulled his hand away and she tried following him, to keep her face in his hand. She opened her eyes as he rested his hand by his side and they locked eyes again. They walked into her living room and sat on the couch. They sat down and fluttershy spoke.

“so what do you like to do?” he looked at her and smiled. They sat there for over an hour talking to each other. They talked about their likes, interest, and hobbies. They would have sat there well into the night when the white rabbit came hopping in angrily. Fluttershy looked up at the fuming bunny.

“oh I'm sorry angel. I'm coming. Excuse me I need to feed my animals.” she got up and went to her stores of different animal food. Dolorem decided to follow her and help.

“it's ok you don't need...” dolorem placed a finger on her lips and shushed her. They continued to feed her assorted animals. After they finished fluttershy looked out the window and saw that it was starting to become dark. She looked over to dolorem, watching him pet a deer.

He's so nice to the animals too. Always so gentle and kind, but it's getting late. I wonder if he's going back to twilight's house tonight.

Dolorem looked up to see fluttershy watching him. He smiled and walked over to her. They watched each other until fluttershy turned away. She was looking out the window again wishing the sun would stay in the sky. Dolorem followed her gaze to the window.

“I have to find a place to sleep tonight. So I'll see you later.” fluttershy jumped in front of him smiling largely.

“you can stay here tonight. I mean that's if you want to.” she blushed and lowered her head. Dolorem smiled and nodded.

“where will I sleep?” fluttershy looked around nervously. She didn't know what to do but she had to think of something fast.

“well I don't have a guest room or any other beds so... I guess you could sleep... with... me.” she looked into his eyes blushing brightly. His face was blank and his eyes the same. Then he melted in her gaze, he couldn't say no to those dark green eyes. He smiled and spoke, softly and warm.

“that sounds fine.” he stared deeply into her eyes. She walked towards him and nudged him to her bed. He followed without hesitation, as fluttershy laid down. She wiggled under the covers as he slipped in. They both laid on their sides gazing into each others eyes.

She's so...

he's so...

Fluttershy's eyes began to sag against her will and she soon drifted to sleep. Dolorem laid there not taking his eyes off her, watching as her chest raised and fell slowly. Her breathing was so quiet that you had to really listen for it but dolorem was so close he had no problem. Soon he fell asleep and slept soundly. He had only had a nap for a few hours and was awoken by twilight on accident, he was dragged under by the blissful sleep that he needed. He was sleeping so well he never felt it when fluttershy moved closer to him. The moon sat high in the night sky and most where asleep at this hour. Except for twilight. She could no longer sleep and sat in bed next to her swirling mind.

I was hoping he would come back tonight. I guess he found somewhere else to stay the night. I wonder if he's still over...

she dropped back onto her bed staring at the ceiling. It had only been barely two days but it felt so much longer. She couldn't help the way she felt and she hated herself for the way she had acted even though dolorem had forgiven her. Finally unable to bare it any longer she left and went for a walk. She held her head down the entire time wanting the cool night air to blow her mind clear. She didn't have a destination in mind but she ended up in front of fluttershy's cottage. She knew she would be asleep at this hour so she crept to an open window peering inside. What she saw made her want to cry as loud as possible. Fluttershy had her wing wrapped around dolorem and her mane entwined in his left hand. His other arm was wrapped around her midsection holding her tightly. They where so close each of their bodies pressed against each other and their breathing matched one another. Twilight backed away slowly and turned homeward, tears running down her face. Dolorem had shifted in his sleep, while twilight was watching, waking up. His left eye twitched rapidly and he blinked both out from sleep. His eye may not be useful for much but for some reason when he was being watched it would twitch and itch badly. He peered through fluttershy's feathers in time to see a distraught twilight leaving. he noticed that he was... hugging her and he was ok, he didn't have anything to fear. He carefully untangled himself from fluttershy and got out of bed. He walked out the cottage to see twilight sitting down in the middle of the road. Twilight wasn't able to make it very far before she broke down, her tears flooding her eyes. She sat down in place and didn't care about anything else for the moment. She never heard dolorem walk up behind her. Suddenly she felt her head lift behind her closed eyes and when she opened them her face was being held gently by a large warm hand and a sad, hurt face. He pulled twilight close to him and wrapped his arms around her tightly. he didn't feel any of the fears from contact like this and he was going to use it while he could. She pressed herself to him as close as possible and cried even more. He just held her, letting her cry into his chest and when she was done he made her look at him.

“you shouldn't cry. Their is no reason to.” it seemed no matter what he said it instantly made her feel better. She smiled at him and he returned one but it held pain hidden behind it. He lifted her into his arms and walked back to the tree house. He held her tightly in his arms and she dug her head into his chest, listening to his heartbeat. She felt safe and warm as he carried her through the night. He walked inside the house and laid her down on her bed, covering her up. he sat down and ran his hand through her mane until she fell asleep once again. When she did he stood up and whispered.

“good night.”

“good night.” she muttered back but he heard her as he walked back to the door. He paused with his hand on the door, listening for her soft sleeping breath. He then left and headed back to the cottage. When he walked in he saw fluttershy sprawled out with a look of worry as if she was looking for something. He lightly laid back down and drifted slowly to sleep.

Maybe one of these night's I'll get a full night of rest.

When he woke up that morning, birds singing and the light patter of rain on the roof, he found himself and fluttershy exactly the same way from when he awoke earlier. He softly ran his fingerings through her silky pink mane and with his other arm he traced the yellow feathers of her wing. Fluttershy mumbled in her sleep and sighed contently, enjoying the sensation. Soon she woke up and opened her sleepy eyes slightly. She watched dolorem play with her hair and feathers, staring at her sides as they rose and fell. He looked up into her eyes and she smiled, blinking away the fog. Then she sat up and stretched with a small yawn.

Wow she looks even cuter when half awake... but so did...

this thought popped into his head from no where and made him mentally cringe. He didn't show any reaction on the outside, he didn't want to worry fluttershy.

“so what do you want to do today, seeing how we are stuck inside?” she yawned again and it was a high squeaking yawn that made her blush and dolorem chuckle. The rain had picked up slightly but would still soak you in a matter of seconds. He shrugged his shoulders and said.

“what ever you want to do.” the smiled at each other and she laid back down, together they listened to the rain and looked into each others eyes.

“oh I got an idea.” she got up and flew into the living room, Dolorem got at of bed and followed her. When he found her she was placing a record onto a player and lowered the needle. She turned and smiled at dolorem as the music played.

“I've got everything I need except for someone to hold. I'm not one of those who think being with someone is the answer to everything. I'm just tired of being alone.”