• Published 12th Jun 2013
  • 811 Views, 16 Comments

Fluttervile - Aiet



the pain of name and love. can one live knowing his fate? a human's trip to equestria.

  • ...
22
 16
 811

Traditions of the horn

Chapter sixteen:

“Traditions of the horn.”

“Happy birthday!” a chorus of voices chimed together in the living room of a house with a red slate colored roof. Six ponies and a dragon formed a half circle around a human sitting down at a table with a large blue and green cake. They sang a song together as the human blew the candles out on top the cake and they cheered. Pinkie pie bounced around the house as twilight used her magic to cut the cake with a knife. A month after dolorem healed completely he was approached by twilight. She wanted to learn the workings of his world, so they started with basic things. Twilight and dolorem worked together to aline the times and date of the two worlds and found out that they mirrored each other. When they finished dolorem noticed his birthday was in some time. Twilight made a note of the date in her head and made a plan with pinkie pie. It wouldn't be for awhile but twilight liked to be prepared. It had been a total of seven months from when dolorem arrived in equestria and after his death it had been peaceful. Since that moment fluttershy and dolorem have become closer, she would spend nearly every day with him. Winter drew on cold and dark with lasting snow. When winter wrap up came along dolorem was still bedridden by fluttershy and he missed it all. As the weather warmed and spring rolled in, fluttershy had to return to her animals that awoke from hibernation. She would take care of here animals but it would take long and she wouldn't have much time for dolorem. As her animals came back dolorem left. He had not step foot in his house for some time and when he stepped in the first thing he noticed was the smell. The rotten food became horrendous and the smell absorbed into nearly everything. Still sore, dolorem went to work on cleaning the house. Cob webs and dust settled over a majority of everything and the cold, still air gave dolorem goose bumps. He took off his hat and vest placing them on a hook out of the way. He left open the door and opened the two windows so that the fresh air from outside would air out the house and everything in it. He even swept up the wood shavings from the carving and uncovered it. Some how the wood became wet and some rot infected it so he placed it outside with the rest of the wood pile. As he was cleaning the living room he found a note from rainbow dash. All the presents that were left for him were at her house and he could ask for them at any time. He had been wondering about her since the library with twilight. He placed the note on the table and went to his room. He went to open the door but it wouldn't budge so he pressed harder. He backed away from the door examining it when with a soft click it open slightly. He stretched out his arm and slowly pushed it open then he was attacked. A black body with dim blue eyes hurdled through the air and he fell back as it he raised his arms to shield him self. He closed his eyes tightly waiting for fangs to sink into his flesh but it never came. He slowly opened his eyes and saw his room, dark and empty. He stood up and looked all around but found nothing. He shook his head and walked inside, starting to clean. It took several hours to clean the entire house, no cob webs, dust, or foul odor. He sat down on the couch tired from the work. He was still having shortness of breath and his heart worked hard just from walking into town from his home. A slight ache ran in his head so he closed his eyes and rested his head on the back of the couch. He meant just to rest his eyes but soon he drifted off to sleep on the couch. At the tree house with twilight and spike, they were doing some spring cleaning them selves. Twilight was dusting some shelves when she noticed something wedge in between two of them. She could see it was small and shining. She used her magic to push the shelves aside a little and found a mirror shard stuck into the wall. She pulled it out and looked it over, it seemed so familiar. She was examining it closely when spike walked up.

“oh hey another mirror piece.” twilight turned to spike confused.

“another?” spike just stared at her and answered.

“yeah I found one a couple of weeks ago in the dirt after the snow melted. Here I'll go get it.” spike turned and left, going to his bed and pulling out another mirror shard from underneath. As he walked closer to twilight both pieces began to vibrate and flew from their grasp. The pieces collided in the air and shone brightly. Twilight and spike watched silently in surprise as the light dimmed and the pieces slowly lowered down onto the floor. They slowly moved towards the mirror pieces to see what had happen. The shards were now one, large and a whole piece that had no crack along where they met. Twilight used her magic and closely examined it. She levitated it to the table and spike spoke up.

“wow, what happened? They like fused together.” the purple unicorn suddenly turned and started to pull books from the shelves. She spoke fast as she ran around the library.

“I thought that mirror looked familiar. It's from the one that was the portal, it has the same magic in it. Do you know what this means?” spike tried to speak up but apparently it was a rhetorical question as twilight continued.

“It means that if we collect all the pieces it might reopen and...” she trailed off and stopped, thinking.

… and he can leave...

spike understood what she was saying and smiled.

“that's great I'll go tell dolorem.” spike turned and went to the door, leaving. Twilight was still lost in her thoughts all alone still standing in the same place. Spike walked at a fast pace to dolorem's house and made it there fast. He knocked on the door but there was no answer. After he knocked again and there was still no answer so he opened the door and walked inside calling out.

“dolorem?” he looked around the room and found him asleep on the couch. He walked over to him and called out his name again but he didn't stir. Spike jumped up onto the couch next to him and began shaking him.

“hey dolo wake up.” spike kept on shaking him and he finally moved his head. Dolorem opened his eyes but they were bleary and all he saw was green. It frightened him and he lashed out grabbing a hold of what ever it was. Spike let out a startled yell and dolorem's eyes cleared. He was holding spike by the green spikes on top of his head. He placed him down on the floor and spike rubbed his head.

“ow! What was that for?” dolorem was calming him self down and spoke.

“sorry I was... uh... having a bad dream and you spooked me.” spike stopped rubbing his head and smiled again.

“that's fine but I got some great news. Twilight thinks she found a way for you to get back home.” dolorem looked at spike with a raised eye brow.

“come on I'll show you it's at the library.” spike turned and left, dolorem followed soon after. They made their way back to the library where twilight had several books in front of her opened. They walked in and she looked up from them smiling, hiding the sadness underneath. Spike ran forward and pointed to the mirror fragment on the table.

“I found this mirror piece a couple of weeks ago and then today twilight found another one between two book shelves. And then when we started to bring them closer they flew in the air and fused together.” spoke pointed to the spot the other shard was and dolorem remembered it from before. He saw it but didn't think anything of it and now the way home lay in front of him. You would think that he would be happy, finally being able to go home after so long but he didn't want to. That would mean leaving... her. Dolorem gently brushed a finger over the reflective surface and felt a slight tingling sensation. He pulled away from it and twilight spoke.

“I have been going through some books and from what I can tell... if we gather all the pieces together then you could return home.” twilight tried smiling as she spoke so she could seem happy but inside she felt sad. Dolorem looked at her and felt a twinge of pain him self. Then a knock at the door gathered their attention. It opened slowly and an orange pony started to come in.

“hey twi, ah was in the field when ah found this thiiiiiiiiinnnng!!!” she started to slid forward, a mirror shard was tied carefully on her back and it pulled her with it to the other piece. The jagged edges cut the rope holding it and applejack fell forward on her face stopping. This time the smaller piece flew through the air while the bigger one just floated. With bright light they met and fused together and softly lowered back down onto the table. Applejack stood up and looked at it with surprise.

“what in tarnations was that?” spike walked up to her and explained what they them selves had found out not to long ago. Applejack nodded her head and understood.

“well if ah see any more ah'ma find you so you can get and it not try to drag me again.” dolorem just watched the mirror as it laid on the table still and now even bigger, closer to being complete. Just thinking about leaving made him sick to his stomach, he thought about his world. What did he have there that he didn't here. He could live without all the technology of his world, he had been fine so far without it, and he didn't need meat, even though he did crave it from time to time. An all veggie diet had really done well for his body and made him healthier then he had ever been before, minus him dieing of course. Here he had somepony to... twilight nudged him and he looked at her. She smiled at him and he smiled back. No, he didn't want to leave but before he could say anything she turned and walked away. He was watching her when suddenly everything blacked out and there was a hissing. Where twilight once was a changeling staring him down. It jumped at dolorem and he feel back as it closed in on him. Dolorem let out a shout and closed his eyes. He began thrashing around as it's hooves started to touch him. He started yelling louder and he could hear someone calling out to him.

“.... what's wrong?! Answer me!” dolorem opened his eyes to find twilight and applejack looking at him with extreme concern holding him down trying to stop him from thrashing about. He was breathing heavily, his heart was racing, and his eyes looking around everywhere frantically. He finally calmed down and laid his head down on the ground, closing his eyes.

“spike get some water and rags.” spike had watched in terror as dolorem fell yelling and he quickly ran to the bathroom. He came back with the rags and water handing them to twilight. She took a rag wetting it and placing it on dolorem's forehead.

“sugarcube are you alright?” applejack was very worried for dolorem and he just nodded his head. Twilight wiped his forehead and spoke.

“what happened? What's wrong?” dolorem just breathed deeply and didn't answer, she decided not to push it and let him rest. Soon he got back up to his feet shaking and tried to leave but stumbled. Applejack was beside him quickly had helped him stand up. She turned to twilight as she led him to the door.

“ah'ma take him home. You just stay here and keep on finding away to get him back to his world.” they walked out the door slowly and twilight just watched. She was worried about him. What had caused that? For know she would keep going through her books and hope to find an answer. Applejack walked along besides dolorem slowly as they made their way back to his home. They made it with out him falling over and she led him to his bed, where he laid down.

“ok now you get some rest ya here?” dolorem nodded his head as she turned to leave. He tried thanking her but nothing would come out, he was to tired to even speak. She left his house, quietly closing the doors and headed back to the library to tell twilight that he was fine and resting. Dolorem fell asleep and into troubling dreams. Over time dolorem would have more of these “episodes” and they would become more lucid. Soon it would be close to his birthday and he would sit in front of a cake as he was sung to. They would cut the cake and eat it as they handed him presents. From applejack he got a pair of leather work gloves. Rarity made him a pair of leather moccasins that matched nearly anything he wore. Rainbow dash brought all the gifts that she had stashed at her house he never came to get. It was many different things from get well cards to simple flower pots. Pinkie pie got him a mini canon that shot out streamers that left your legs tied, which he had fun using on spike. Spike gave him a mustache kit, which dolorem found hilarious due to the fact he had never seen anyone else with one yet but he was sure there was since they made them. Fluttershy handed him a small, long box. He opened it and pulled out a silver necklace. He undid the clasp and felt something hit his chest. It was a silver coin and etched into it was a feather that laid across the bottom with a heart resting on top it. It was finely made and on the back was engraved a date. Dolorem looked up at here with a questioning face. Fluttershy smiled and spoke.

“the day you came into our world.” this elicited some aw's from rarity and a roll of the eye with a chuckle from rainbow dash. Then twilight past dolorem a book with a blank cover. He looked it over and opened it to the first page which read, “A “Very” detailed book of the sexual anatomy of Ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasus.”. Dolorem closed the book quickly as spike was trying to look at it had gave twilight an amused look.

“really?” she just nodded her head smirking and dolorem shook his. They then started with some of the birthday games that pinkie pie had set up. They played for over an hour having fun when dolorem stopped. He could feel it now, he felt weightless, his stomach would drop, and the edges of his vision would blur. Everything in front of him would stretch out away from him turning a few feet into miles. He excused him self from a game of pin the tail and ran to the bathroom. The floor started to froth and when he opened the door it flew open and a bright light blinded him. He stumbled in and closed the door. He slid down onto the floor, his back against the door, breathing heavily as his heart threaten to explode. Twilight was worried and excused her self to check on him. She walked to the door and spoke softly trying to listen inside.

“are you ok?” inside dolorem was watching as a forest spewed before him and went on for miles. It the sky was blood red and the trees oozed something that smelled like copper and he could taste it. Shadows began to take shape, warping into bodies. Changelings crept forward to him hissing and spitting. He fought to scream out loud and rode it out. Soon everything began to fade and slowly the world came back then he could hear someone calling out to him.

“what's going on?” twilight was trying to open the door but it wouldn't budge. Dolorem got to his feet and opened the door. Twilight had a look of worry and he tried to smile. He was covered in sweat and he spoke.

“nothing, I just needed a breather.” he walked past her back into the living room. She followed him still worried but she nodded. They went back to the party to find pinkie chugging a bottle of Jack Apple Daniels. The other ponies called her name out cheering her on. Soon it was empty and she lowered the bottle letting out a loud burp. Dolorem smiled and shook his head. They continued to party and spike was sent away as the party became more adult themed. It was getting late and the party was being wrapped up. They said their good byes and left, all but twilight. After dolorem separated from fluttershy and their hug she walked up to him.

“what is happening to you?” dolorem sighed and looked at her.

“nothing...” twilight didn't believe him. She saw that he had been losing weight fast and his skin was becoming pale. Dark bags where under his eyes and his left eye constantly twitched. She said good bye and left, dolorem stood by the door breathing deeply. Soon he went to his bed and laid down, sleep not coming to him any time soon. He tossed and turned all through out the night until morning came. He decided that today he would go into town and he went to his closet. Over the time he had been in Ponyville, rarity made him more clothes and he bought some from her. He still had the red and gold outfit and she remade the green one, the one he would wear today. After getting dressed and pulling his hair back into a pony tail he left his house. It was a warm day with few clouds in the sky and a nice breeze. In town he browsed the shops and as he was looking walking twilight came over to him. He smiled at her as she came up to him. Other ponies went about there business in the town happily.

“hey, how are you today?” she smiled brightly at him.

“good, I was...” he didn't have time to prepare for it this time. It hit him at full force and tore him down. The entire world flashed and changed. The ground became dried, cracked dirt and the sky blood red. The buildings around him became cages of bone and flesh that leaked blood. The ponies around him turned into withering, walking corpse. In front of him where twilight once stood was Celestai. Her mouth was covered in blood and she looked deranged as she stared him down. She opened her mouth and let out a blood chilling screech. Dolorem panicked and fell down, backing away from her. Twilight was startled as dolorem dropped down backing away in fear. The other ponies watched as he started to yell.

“Get away from me!” he stood up quickly and turned around, running away. Twilight called out to him but all he heard was another screech. Dolorem didn't know where he was going he just knew he had to run. Twilight chased after him and they headed to the Everfree forest. Dolorem snaked between the trees and stomped through the foliage. Soon twilight lost him in the forest, she looked everywhere for him. He stumbled through the trees as changelings hung around the edges of shadows watching him. The trees turned into giant bones hollowed out and filled with flesh as sounds of screaming coming from all around. He went deeper into the forest until he came upon a clearing. In the middle was a tomb stone and dolorem rushed forward using his hands to dig. He tore away the dirt at a frantic pace and he dug until he had a hole all the way down to a plain wooden coffin. He used his fist to punch through the covered and tore back the splinters. The smell it him and it was of putrid flesh that was decaying. With the light of the sun he could see her face. Her eyes were gone and barely any flesh remained in her skull. Then she spoke.

“have you finally come to me? Are you here to be with me forever?” dolorem stumbled back from the hole as she raised from the ground. Slowly as she came from the ground her flesh reformed onto her bones. She walked to dolorem as he crawled back wards away from her.

“all you have to do is close you eyes and I'll take you away from this nightmare. Come with me...” dolorem's vision began to fade and soon he was past out. Twilight searched everywhere in the forest for over thirty minutes until she came to the clearing. It was empty but someone dug a hole in Chrysalis grave and her skull lay on the ground. She looked all around but there was no sign of dolorem but she did find some drag marks. When she followed them she came upon a house. Zecora's house. She knocked on the door and a zebra answered the door. She had golden rings around her neck and matching earrings. She smiled and let her in but before twilight could speak she did.

“do not fear, he is near.” she lead her to a back room where dolorem lay still. She went to him trying to wake him, but he wouldn't. He was cold and covered in sweat but something else too. All over him his veins were visible because they were black. They webbed all over his skin and grew darker as they went to his chest.

“what's wrong with him?” the zebra brought a wet rag and placed it on his forehead.

“it is the changeling blood in his vein, it acts like a drug that brings him pain. It is a poison to his mind, and now he quickly runs out of time.” twilight couldn't believe it, she only prolonged his death. Zecora told her that she found him holding the skull, frothing at the mouth. She dragged him back and began a brew.

“what is it?” they stood by a large caldron that had a gray liquid bubbling. Zecora ladled some into a small bowl.

“to free him from the shadow, he must drink from this brew of the hollow.” she explained that it would rid his mind of the hallucinations and clear the blackness of his veins. She dipped it in to his mouth slowly, holding his head. It was all gone but nothing happened. Then he stirred and his eyes fluttered open. First he saw Zecora until she moved back and twilight took her place. He tried to speak but his throat wouldn't work. Twilight placed her hoof on his mouth to stop him.

“it's ok just rest.” dolorem closed his eyes and fell right back to sleep. She used her magic to levitate him out the door and to go back to his home. As she was leaving she thanked Zecora and the zebra left her with a warning. She said she did not know how long it would last and if it would help for long, so that she needed to keep a close eye on him. She got him home and laid him in bed and after checking that he was fine she left. Over the next week dolorem was finally able to rest and return back to full health, his skin was back to it's tan color, the bags under his eyes gone, and his appetite back. The girls were planing a trip to the beach that would take some time by train to reach. Summer was coming in hot and a trip to the ocean would be great. They invited dolorem and he said he would go but he was worried. His vision would flicker between the “two worlds” at random moments but they never last long. They packed and left in a few days, no one else knew what happened to dolorem and he wanted it to stay that way. Soon they where on a train with all the girls and spike. Very excited and happy they couldn't wait, twilight kept an eye on dolorem the whole time. Fluttershy sat next to him and they smiled at each other as dolorem held her. They made it to the beach town late and they checked into a hotel for the night. Applejack and rainbow dash roomed together, rarity and pinkie pie in another. Twilight and spike had a room to their selves and so did dolorem and fluttershy next to theirs. The morning came and the sun warmed the air fast. They had breakfast in the hotel and got ready for the beach. It was bright, hot, and windy. A great day for the cold water and hot sand as they swam. For hours they would swim, splash, and play in the ocean and on the sand. It was a great day until it happened again. Dolorem and fluttershy were walking along some rocks when everything started to flicker. Dolorem tried to contain him self as he walked into something large and hairy.

“hey watch it!” a large blue fur minotaur faced dolorem looking at him angrily. Dolorem pushed him back and he fell, that's when dolorem came back to reality. Fluttershy was a little scared and tried apologizing for dolorem. The minotaur got up and stood in his face. He had a foot on him and his horns shined brightly in the sun. another minotaur, larger then the first stood behind him.

“look I'm sorry I didn't...” a large fist connected to dolorem's face and he stumbled back. He straitened him self and watched the minotaur.

“I'm not going to fight you, it was an accident.” the other minotaur circled around behind him so he couldn't run off. Fluttershy was frightened and she tried to go to dolorem but was cut off by the larger minotaur. The smaller one went at him again and he wouldn't fight. He pushed him against a boulder and started hitting him in the stomach. Fluttershy was screaming at him to stop but was cut off when the larger one grabbed her by the throat. That's when dolorem caught the fist heading for his face. He twisted it behind the minotaur with a loud snap and he bellowed in pain. It was cut off as dolorem spun around and throw his elbow into his throat, sending him head first into the rock. The larger minotaur raised a fist at fluttershy but it was held still with a large tanned hand. Dolorem grabed him by a horn with his other arm and lifted him above his head, slamming him into the ground. Before he could get up dolorem was on top of him pinning him down with his knees and started punching him in the face. As his left fist connected and went to rise the other one was already coming down. His hits were all over it's face from his mouth, rattling his teeth, to his horns. He picked up speed faster and faster as blood started to splash on his face. Dolorem wouldn't stop, he was about to hurt fluttershy and no one will ever hurt her. He kept beating in his face and started hitting him with both hands together until there was another crack. As his fist came down on to the Minotaur’s left horn it snapped off sending shards out ward. No sounds were coming from the minotaur any more as his head was going side to side. Fluttershy was yelling at dolorem to stop but he couldn't hear her, the only thing he could hear was the flesh of the minotaur being beaten in by his fist. He kept wailing into the still minotaur until a sudden blast knocked him off. Several unicorn's with badges stood in front of them.

“ok break it up!” they separated dolorem and fluttershy from the unconscious minotaur on the ground and the other one standing up. Dolorem's knuckles were cut open and bleeding, fluttershy tried to stop the blood from pouring out. Dolorem was taken into custody along with the still conscious minotaur while the other was sent to the hospital. He was placed into a small room with a steel bar door next to the other beaten minotaur, it was cold and hard with the concert floors and bed. Over night the minotaur was released into the care of other ones that had came from somewhere and in the morning dolorem was visited by fluttershy. She had been crying through out the night getting no rest and dolorem could see it in her eyes. He pushed his hand through the bars and she placed her face on it closing her eyes, peaceful for the first time since they took him away. Soon a guard came to them and spoke.

“we're letting you go but there is something you need to know. The one bull you put in the hospital is dead but since his people took him back home over seas and he died there you won't be charged with his death. Apparently he was apart of some rich family in the Mino lands and they want to speak to you.” he unlocked the door and dolorem walked out, fluttershy wrapped her arms around him and he held her tightly. They were led out the station and were met by a group of minotaurs. Each one stared down dolorem, tall and rippling with muscle, but never moved. Dolorem walked forward, standing up strait, and was met by the largest of them. She had three feet over dolorem and he had to look up to met her eyes, steel gray and just as cold. Her large arms were crossed over her dark blue broad chest, after looking him over she spoke.

“my son died in the night. Now while we won't let the law here punish you doesn't mean you are free of sin. We demand retribution on the grounds of our land. What do you say?” she glared at dolorem and he turned his head to look at the shivering yellow Pegasus, her eyes wide. He turned back and nodded, the she-taur huffed out her nose and spoke again.

“then at this time tomorrow a boat will be waiting for you at the dock. Make sure you are there.” she turned and left, the group followed her in step soon gone. Dolorem watched them as fluttershy was about to have a panic attack. Dolorem would be leaving and she feared he wouldn't come back. The rest of the gang met them back at the hotel. As dolorem showered, fluttershy told them of the proposal at the station. Dolorem was wrapping his knuckles in the bathroom when twilight walked in. she closed the door behind her and looked at him sadly.

“I-I couldn't say this in front of fluttershy but... the Minotaur’s follow old traditions on matter of murder. And those traditions are to the death...” dolorem watched him self in the mirror and spoke.

“you think I'm a murderer?” twilight tried to correct her self but was cut off.

“you're right... I am one. He wouldn't be the first one I killed with my hands...” he stared into his own eyes of his reflection while twilight was lost for words. He turned and opened the door walking past her. He made his way to the door and went to leave, fluttershy quickly followed him. The rest of them watched him with sad eyes as they left back to their room. Inside dolorem walked over to the far wall and placed his head against it. Fluttershy watched his with concern and jumped when he suddenly punched the wall, reopening his right knuckles. She rushed to get more bandages as he watched the blood trickle down his hand onto the floor. A hole was left in the wall and blood was splattered around it. She came back with the supplies and pushed him to set on the bed. She took his hand and began cleaning it, he spoke.

“she was right... I am a horrible person.” she looked up at dolorem, stopping from cleaning his hand, he just watched as more blood ran freely.

“what are you talking about? Who?” dolorem sighed as she started cleaning his wound again and grabbed more bandages.

“my mo-mother. She told me about how horrible of a person I was and would never be... normal. She was right... especially when I killed my father.” she stopped again but continued to wrap his hand.

“he- he would beat me so bad. I would black out and wake up hours later bleeding and bruised. No one would help me, no matter how loud I screamed. That's how my eye got like this. He beat me at lest once a week and as time went on of course I grew and despite the meager food I grew large. Big enough to defend my self. He tried finding new was to hurt me and one night he got drunk. I was sleeping when suddenly I felt pain and tried opening my eyes. My left eye wouldn't open and blood poured from it, he had stabbed a small knife into my eye. I throw him off my as he yelled at me asking if I liked it. I...i couldn't stop my self... his blood soaked my hands but that isn't what killed him. After throwing him out the window into the front yard I jumped out after him and... I wrapped my fingers around his throat. He was kicking and beating his hands on my chest but I held on so tight. Then he stopped moving but I didn't stop... I kept slamming his head into the ground and blood was pouring out. When I finally stopped my mom pushed me away and held him in her arms, crying. She said I was a monster, that he loved me and how could I do such a thing. I ran covered in his blood while mine dripped from my eye and I became the animal she said I was. I am a horrible person. I don't deserve to live. I am a monster. I am...” tear ran down his face and fluttershy yelled at him. Tear ran down her face as well.

“No you're not! You fought to keep your self alive and you did the same the other day. You did it to protect me. You're not a monster, you're not a murderer.” dolorem looked at her and she reached out holding him tightly knocking him on to the bed. They cried together in each other arms and soon they stopped. Both were exhausted and fell asleep. Then the morning came. Dolorem woke up and changed into the green vest and shorts and left a sleeping fluttershy. He past the rooms of the others still asleep and made his way to the dock. He waited, watching the calm waters gently wash the sand. The sun slightly lit up the dark sky and the wind was blowing softly. Then it came it, was a small but wide boat with a platform in the front. As it slowly drifted into the dock a minotaur stood at the front with arms crossed. They docked and dolorem started to walk forward when he heard and shout.

“Dolorem!” he turned to find fluttershy flying through the air as fast as possible, when she reached him she landed in his arms. They hugged each other tightly and she began to cry again. They let go of each other reluctantly and he turned to the boat. The same female minotaur waited with cold eyes as he approached and stepped onto the boat. The drifted out of the port and began to sail off, fluttershy fought every urge to fly after him as he shrunk into the distance. She waited through out the day, the others would wait with her until it became late. No matter what they tried she wouldn't leave. Soon the night became day and back to night. Hours turned into days that became weeks. They stopped trying to force her to leave and ending up bringing her a tent and food. One of them would stay with her for some time while the others went back to Ponyville. They would change places as time went on and soon it was rainbow dash with her. Fluttershy would hardly sleep or eat, she was made to eat most the time, staring at the horizon over the sea. At night she would cry her self to sleep and talked less and less. A month past when something finally came. Rainbow dash was flying in the air stretching her wings when see saw a boat gliding through the water. She rushed to the tent set on the dock and got fluttershy. They waited impatiently as the boat grew larger. It drifted slowly into the port and they could see someone standing in the middle of the platform. It was dolorem and he stood still looking down at his feet. His clothes were rags that barely covered him any more and something hung from his neck. It was a tip of an ivory horn and seven golden rings were punched through it along the curve. Both hands were bandaged but the left more so. The wrapping on it was soaked in blood at the bottom and in his right hand hung the necklace, the chain broken and the coin dangling down. The boat docked and a minotaur walked forward placing a hand on dolorem's shoulder. In a flash the minotaur was flying back and skidded across the deck, dolorem was turned to him with his leg out. The other minotaur that had been sailing the boat stood still, never blinking at his fallen brethren. The dizzy minotaur stood but didn't move at dolorem who turned around and walked off the boat. As his feet hit the dock fluttershy rushed forward and stopped in front of him but he kept walking forward past her. His eyes were fogged over and his mouth hanged slightly open, rainbow dash stepped forward but he past her too. He kept walking on and fluttershy went after him.

“dolorem? Dolorem answer me please!” she flew to him and placed a hoof on his shoulder, stopping him. He fell down, just collapsed on spot, and curled into a ball. He stared into the planks of the dock, his breath sending off sand in front of him that lightly coated the planks. Fluttershy circled around him until she was in his face speaking to him.

“please talk to me...” tears ran down her face as she took his in her hooves and staring into his eyes. Then he came back, his eyes snapped into focus and he looked at her as if he woke up for the first time in his life.

“Fluttershy...” she smiled at him and he tried but his face muscles weren't working. Both the Pegasus helped him to his feet and slowly led him away from the dock, the boat had started floating off and was in the distance. They made it back to the hotel they stayed in before and payed for a room. Taking him inside they sat him down on the bed and stood back. rainbow dash left and flew back to Ponyville as fast as she could fly. Dolorem sat there staring at his bandaged hands in silence. Then he spoke slowly and thoughtfully.

“she was right I am a monster... I am nothing but a murderer.” fluttershy watched him as he ripped off hie bandages, first his right then his left, both knuckles split more then before. On his left hand where his pinky once was there was a stub down nearly to the bottom. Little blood ran down his hands until he started to rip into the flesh on his knuckles and the stub, reopening the wounds. Fluttershy was scared as she watched him so she jumped on him trying to stop him. She pushed him down on the bed and pinned his hands to his sides, he just continued talking.

“I deserve to die... what kind of monster like me should be allowed to live? She spoke the truth when she told me about the horrid person I am. All I do is hurt others and kill.” fluttershy couldn't take it and started yelling at him.

“no you don't! You're not a murderer or a monster. You're a-a gently giant, kind and loving, you only fought to defend your self.” dolorem started to breath heavily.

“no... I had to be punished. I was sent to a pit where his family was. I had to... slaughter them. Seven of them, a ring for each, from the mother to a small child. he did this to me, he bite off my finger and I strangled him to death, each and everyone of their blood is on my hands. I am a monster...” fluttershy became angry as tears ran down her face even more.

“just stop it! If you are as evil as you say you are... something so vile doesn't deserve love but you do. And I know you do because I LOVE you!” dolorem breath caught in his chest and he sat up pushing her off. Tears were in his eyes now too.

“no... you're lying. No one loves me and no one ever could. How-who would show a monster love and not hate? Since I've been here I have caused nothing but pain and now death. No one could ever love me.” fluttershy stood before him breathing just as fast.

“I'm not... I do love you. When we first met I wasn't sure but with what we've done and been through I know. I know that I love you because you deserve love and I couldn't stand to be with out you.” dolorem stared into her eyes and fell to his knees, his face falling into his hands. He cried into his hands and she wrapped her arms and wings around him with tears still running down her face, speaking soothing words of love. Dolorem took his face from his hands and stared into her mountain meadow green eyes, holding her back and never wanting to let go. They laid down on the ground, she on top of his chest, holding each other still as the tears went away. Breathing slowed and hearts beat loud yet calmly. After some time dolorem spoke.

“can you say it again? I... I've never had anyone tell me... that they love me.” she looked into his dark brown eyes and smiled. In his hand the coin necklace was weaved around his fingers of his right hand with blood dripping down it.

“I love you dolorem.” several things happened, a pull from inside and a new sensation he never felt before. A soft warmth that spread out wards from his chest to the rest of his body. Leaving him tingling around the edges. He could close his eyes and never wake up again, the only reason he ever would be is so that he could see her. No dream or impersonation could ever be enough. He felt no more pain and no more exhaustion. All he felt was a new feeling that he never truly felt before. It left him full inside, filling the hollow space of his soul. He could stay like this indefinitely. Why would he want to leave or stop? The storm from the flickers and the nightmares were pushed out from his mind and replaced with every moment he had spend with her. The soft yellow angel with velvet hair of pink. In her hooves, in her wings, he could forget both worlds as if they never existed in the first place. He soaked in her heat and every touch of her fur on his skin that showed under the ripped clothing. The scent of her breath in his face, sweet and warm. Her feathers would brush against his skin and her hair on his face. After just a moment of taking in every detail, every beautiful sight of her, he spoke.

“I love you too fluttershy...” he smiled and she could feel her heart go faster. Words she wanted to hear for the longest time and what they did to him they did the same to her. She lifted her face and slowly moved closer to his. Time slowed and everything else stopped for them. She could see every detail of his face. From the gray tinted eye, the weariness in his eyes that faded away, the space in his mustache, the calm breathing and the tropical scent from soft lips, and could feel the quick beating of his heart. Then it happened. Her lips met his and they pressed softly. Both of theirs eyes closed as they kissed even deeper. They felt electricity between the touching of flesh and an explosion of heat. Each others breath was taken in by the other and they couldn't get enough of it. Two hearts beat hard as they joined together, all pain burned out from love and passion. The kiss kept going on for what was an entirety for the two and it couldn't be better. Time kicked back on and lungs pleaded for air so they finally broke the kiss. They opened their eyes slowly to stare into one another. Soon they went strait back for another. And another. And another. Each kiss held much love and passion that had begged to be released for the longest time, now it flooded the minds of the two and took total control. They held each other so tightly it seemed as if they would meld into each other, so not only their hearts would be one but so their bodies too. Lips pressed against the others and tongues explored the outside. Soon they parted lips and went between mouth to mouth wrapping and twisting around the other, both giving control to the other and taking it. They savored the taste of the others wet and hot mouth, exploring every inch of it. Tongues danced around the other and along teeth, feeling every detail. Even if they had till the end of time it wouldn't be enough for them. His hands began running through her hair, weaving his fingers into her locks, her hooves rubbed his chest, going along every muscle. Pulling each other closer trying to shove their tongue down the others throat and control being lost by every second. They would had never stop but fluttershy felt more then just sweat from their bodies on her and her hair. She slowly pulled away both breathing heavily and noticing the blood. The wounds of dolorem's hands were still bleeding and the blood was all through her hair and on her body. She got off of him and went to the bath room to get something to stop the bleeding and to bandage his wounds. She came back and dolorem had pulled him self up to a sitting position leaning against the bed. She brought a wet towel and cleaned the blood after that she carefully wrapped his pinky and knuckles tightly. When she was done she gently took both hands and kissed them softly. He took her muzzle in his hands and brought her face to his, kissing her again. When the separate she went to the bath room and ran the water, hot and steaming. As she washed the blood off her, dolorem stood up and began taking off his ruined clothes. He was now naked and he slipped under the covers of the bed as fluttershy was finishing her bath. She walked back in to the room after drying her self off, still damp her hair clung to the side of her face and down her chest. Her body slightly shined from the moisture as he watched her come to him. She crawled into the bed and moved closely to him. As the sun disappeared from the sky he brought her close to him as much as possible. They kissed more and more into the night until they fell asleep with their lips still slightly touching, their arms wrapped together in between them and her hoof in his hand. They soaked in the warmth from the other and fell into deep, peaceful sleep. They would have never woke up again but they would have missed each other to much so when the sun peaked over the horizon they came up from dreams of what could be. Fluttershy changed his bandages and dolorem watched her full of love. As he sat on the edge of the bed the door swung open and a rainbow maned mare fell in with bag in tow. Rainbow dash stood up and brought the bag over dumping it on the floor in front of the two, clothing spewed onto the floor. She looked up and took and deep breath.

“hey you two got some clothes for ya. Flying with that was a bit of a hassle but no probs for me. So I see it's hanging down well.” she grinned wickedly and fluttershy just shook her head. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and went to the clothes sorting them out. Dash gave dolorem a raised eye brow and kept on talking.

“so the others well be here by tomorrow but I wanted to know... what the hell happened?” the warmth ebbed from his body and the horror he forgot began to creep back into his mind, burning into the back of his eyes. He felt as if he was slipping back into a crushing darkness but before he could disappear completely he was pulled back. Fluttershy pushed her head under his into his neck flooding him back with warmth and burning the ivy vines of morbid remembrance. He smiled and kissed her, rainbow dash looked off to the side feeling embarrassed just by standing there. He told her that it would be easier to tell her with the rest of the group but for now he would like to get something to eat. He dressed into blue boxers, a plain white shirt and black shorts with gray sandals, rainbow dash didn't have much of a fashion sense but at least he had clothes. He found his necklace on the floor, still bloody and broken, he grabbed it and placed it on the counter in the bath room to be cleaned later. They left the hotel and found a restaurant for lunch, dolorem enjoying a simple salad. He finally ate something fulfilling since he left to the minotaur lands. Over there he ate nothing but a gruel from rotted ingredients. It would sicken him and make...

“dolorem are you ok?” fluttershy placed a hoof on his right arm bringing him back. He didn't notice that he was squeezing his silverware tightly opening up some of the wounds. He started to breath again, something else he forgot to do, and then smiled.

“yeah...” she was still worried about him but she smiled knowing that he was safe with her. They continued eating and dolorem didn't slip away or flicker from reality. Once finished they went to where it all began, back to the boulders. Dolorem looked all around the area remembering that day as if it just happened moments ago. He wasn't going to fight but he would never let anyone ever hurt fluttershy, never let anyone harm his fluttershy... ever. He closed his eyes and took deep breaths, opening them again. But this time he didn't come back. Instead the sky became blood red, the sea a stew of blood and floating bits of flesh, and a rotting minotaur stood in front of him. The boulders were rib cages that contained a slithering mass of changelings, hissing and fighting to be let free. The sand frothed and spindles of black slithered from underneath wrapping around dolorem's leg going upward. The rotting minotaur started walking to dolorem and the cages melted away with the changelings rushing forward crawling over the dead beast. as they closed in on him the tendrils constricted his chest stopping him from breathing. He began to panic in his paralyzed state but then a soft glow appeared. Blinding white light burned away the darkness that bind him and repealed the evil before him. A figure bathed in white light hovered in front of him with it's wings fanning out banishing all else. Then slowly the light dimmed and the white took color, yellow and pink. The world came back to dolorem and fluttershy hoovered before him smiling. He was breathing again and could move, the sky blue, the water pure, and nothing but his... love in front of him. It was her who could bring him back from the darkness and keep him away from madness. He smiled had held out his arms as she lowered into them and held her tightly. Leaving the beach they headed back to the hotel, the sun was hanging low in the sky with night approaching fast. In side they relaxed and had small talk but avoided anything that would bring up his “fits” so nothing would happen. It got late and a storm kicked up, rainbow dash face hoofed.

“damn I forgot about that. Looks like I'm stuck here tonight.” rain showered down out side and thunder rumbled lowly. Dolorem stripped down to his blue boxers and got under the covers, rainbow dash looked around confused.

“so where am I gona sleep?” fluttershy walked over to her and pulled her to the bed. Pointing to the right side of dolorem, who was laying in the middle of the bed, she laid on his left.

“in the bed with us, it well be fine. There isn't room on the floor and I couldn't let you sleep down there any way.” dash's face went red and she climbed into the bed with them. All three laid under the blanket with little room to spare. With the night and the gentle patter of rain they soon all fell asleep. The storm was mostly calm and stopped some time after mid night, peaceful and silent. No night terrors haunted a mind that night and morning came with out trouble. Dolorem slept peacefully and was half awake with his eyes closed when he felt some pressure on his chest. He felt the presence softly shift forward running a muzzle along his neck. He smiled and chuckled softly as he felt nibbling on his neck until it stopped, then he felt warmth close to his face. Suddenly lips were pressed against his, letting them aggressively attack his and a tongue probing deeply into his throat. When the invader left his mouth he opened his eyes to find wine colored eyes. At first he was confused but then it came to him. On his chest rainbow dash quickly placed her hoof on his mouth.

“sorry but I couldn't help my self. Don't worry I won't say anything.” she got off him and stretched on the floor. Dolorem sat up as fluttershy walked in going to him. She hopped up onto the bed and wrapped her hooves around his neck, he went to hug her but she pulled back and he felt something hit his chest. He looked down to see the coin necklace, polished and gleaming brightly. He looked up and smiled forgetting what just happened moments ago. He traced his finger along the feather and heart etched into the silver coin. He got up and began to dress when there was a knock at the door. Fluttershy went to open it while rainbow dash sprawled out on the floor huffing in boredom. The rest of the girls came in with anxious faces but when they saw dolorem smiles brightened the room. Pinkie pie was the first to run forward hugging him tightly then the rest did the same. He was pinned by them all but he didn't mind because he was glade to see them too. They backed off and began asking questions about everything, it was fluttershy who got them to calm down so dolorem could have a chance. Twilight spoke up alone and asked the two words everyone else wanted to know.

“what happened?” the four mares stared at him waiting. Dolorem began to slip away but fluttershy knew and held his hand helping him stay. He took a deep breath and told his story of the minotaur lands. The entire time fluttershy held on tight so he wouldn't get lost in his fragmented psyche. He told them of the horror. Of the blood. Of the death. He showed them the horn with the rings that had made it all the way here with him. Rainbow dash had sat up with them to listen and even she felt bad. Rarity couldn't stand to hear any more of the gruesome account and excused her self to go out side. Applejack went to rainbow dash side and leaned into her, the cyan Pegasus began to feel guilty. Pinkie pie and twilight just sat there listening while fluttershy kept holding onto him. He recalled every detail, smell, and feeling while this other world hanged around the edges held back by his yellow angel. He could feel it wanting to flood his mind and change the world in front of him but it wouldn't happen as long as he felt the soft touch of his guardian. For once in his life someone else protected him and made sure he was safe. Soon he was done and could feel the dark edges fade away. It had been to long since he and been home and he wanted to sleep in his own bed. They pack what little things they had and returned for the train but they forgot two things. The horn with the rings and the tent on the dock, both sat alone and forgotten. After some time Ponyville came into sight and dolorem felt relieved as he spotted the red slate colored roof on the distance. As they left the train everyone went their separate way except fluttershy, she was going to go with dolorem. He expected his house to be like before but it was spotless and fresh in side. It was still early afternoon but that didn't stop dolorem from falling into bed. He enjoyed finally being able to lay in his own bed and he did so on his stomach. He closed his eyes and felt some pressure on the bed. Fluttershy walked on either side of him and lowered her self on his back with her left hoof she rubbed up and down his left side and with her right she brushed away the lose curls hanging around his neck. She began to softly kiss his neck and play with his hair. He chuckled and pressed into her lips along his neck. He carefully flipped around and she was laying on his chest, smiling at each other. They began to kiss deeply, her legs straddling his hips and squeezing, pushing her self into his chest. He ran his still bandaged hands along her back causing her to suck in her breath as he rubbed under the joint of her wing. Soon she began to take off his shirt and moving back and forth on top of him. Both breathed heavily and their hearts beat fast. Dolorem took off his shorts and....

“Hey, no no no!” pinkie pie stood out side the house were inside...

“don't ignore me! Sorry but this is not a clop so you'll have to go. In the mean time I have a video to make. You wouldn't happen to know a good spot to get in would you?”

The window that faced the road to Canterlot.

“thanks I might send you a copy."

"With the adhearnt absence of light, darkness over comes. The same could be said with love, which is more then just the contact of flesh. Love can burn out the darkness that plague our mind, darkness that casts us into a bottomless void. And when you are trapped in the shadows love comes in on wings of warmth and protection. Some go an entire life time with out love but find it in another. When in the end, when you die all alone in the dark, you will end up in the arms of those who loved you the most. Even if it seemed they never did."