• Published 1st May 2013
  • 4,504 Views, 41 Comments

Diamond Cutter Anthology Entries - Yukito



My entries into the Diamond Cutter Anthology

  • ...
1
 41
 4,504

Prompt #4 - Diamond Tiara And Her Awesome Pet

Prompt: Diamond Tiara spends some quality time with her pet.


Diamond Tiara let out a loud yawn and rubbed her eyes. She looked over at her clock, to find that it was still only 21:03. Plenty of time before she had to go to bed. However, there was something that she had to do right now. Something that she couldn’t ignore any longer. Otherwise, she’d let it all out over her bed, and that would just be embarrassing.

“Right, guess I’d better get to the bathroom before-”

Piyo!

She stopped in her tracks, and picked up her small, egg-shaped toy, where she saw the digital bird inside squawking. It was begging for food. “Alright, alright, I’ll feed you already! Just hold on!” She quickly searched through the options, and picked out the bag of food for her pet. It ate it happily, and sang a little song. “Okay, now to-”

Piyo!

“What? You want me to play with you? But, I need to-”

Piyo!

“O-Okay, okay! I’ll just… take you to the bathroom with me, I guess.” Diamond Tiara carried the toy outside of her room, and began to make her way down the hallway leading to the bathroom. She selected the option to play with her pet by going for a walk with it. The bird chirped merrily, and love hearts floated around it.

She opened the door to the bathroom, and took a step inside, only to stop when she saw her father walking out of the shower. Both ponies quickly screamed in shock, and Diamond Tiara bolted out of the bathroom, and slammed the door closed. She sat outside and waited, trying not to think about what she had just seen.

The door opened, and Filthy Rich walked outside, a towel wrapped around his lower body. “Um… Bathroom’s free now.”

Diamond Tiara simply nodded, and walked inside. Unlike her father, she locked the door behind her, to ensure she had her privacy.

Once she was finished, she made her way back to her bedroom, letting out another loud yawn on the way. “Guess I should really be going to bed now.”

Piyo!

“Oh, what now?” she asked in a whine. She looked at her toy, and found that her pet had left her a little ‘present’. And it looked very ashamed of what it did. “You little… Let’s see… Ah, here we go.” She selected the option to scold her pet, which brought its discipline up a level. It was now potty-trained. She smiled, and then selected the option to clean up the current mess that was made by her pet.

When she got back to her room, she made sure that her alarm clock was set, and that her bag was ready for tomorrow, her definition of ‘ready’ meaning that it was in the room, and that her books were at least in sight around it. Or at least, as many books as she cared to count.

Once she was satisfied, she selected the option for her pet to go to bed. The first few days were a nightmare trying to get it to sleep, and Diamond Tiara was even scolded one time for yelling too loud to her pet for not listening to her. But now, with its current discipline level, it obeyed and went to sleep quickly.

“Good boy. Sweet dreams, my little Piyo.” She lay her pet down into the bed she had her father specially order for her. It was essentially a bassinette, but it had straw in it, so that her pet ‘bird’ would feel more comfortable in it.

Once her pet was settled into bed, it was her turn. She switched on her nightlight, shut off her main light, and then headed to bed. Taking a moment to get comfortable, and cuddle up against her favourite teddy bear, Diamond Tiara let out one final yawn, before drifting off to the land of dreams.


School was so boring. The work, the teacher, the students (except for Silver Spoon), and especially the work. The work was two times boring, so it was definitely the worst part of school. Diamond Tiara didn’t understand why they couldn’t just invent a type of school that doesn’t have work. Then she wouldn’t mind it so much.

Piyo!

Diamond Tiara jumped, and the entire room fell silent. “What was that?” Cheerilee asked. “That better not have been one of those new cell phone things that are going around!”

Almost everypony in the class immediately got out their cell phones, to check that they were on silent. Cheerilee sighed, and mumbled something about kids these days. One-by-one, each of the students declared that it wasn’t their phone that went off.

“I think it was Sweetie Belle,” Diamond Tiara said. “I mean, who else makes such weird, high-pitched noises?”

“Hey!” Sweetie Belle shouted, her voice cracking a little, and causing the ponies around her to cover their ears. “… Well, it wasn’t me! Maybe it was Snips. His voice has been pretty weird lately.”

“What?!” Snips shouted, his voice doing the same thing that Sweetie Belle’s did moments earlier. “It wasn’t me! I’ve been staying silent because of this!”

Some of the fillies near the colt giggled at the way his voice cracked, before Cheerilee intervened. “Now, class. Colts’ voices change as they get older, and it’s nothing to laugh about. Now, perhaps we can all get back to the lesson?”

“Yes, Miss Cheerilee,” everypony in the class said. The teacher turned around, and continued to talk about whatever it was she talking about. Diamond Tiara wasn’t paying any attention t all. Instead, she opened up her bag, pulled out her toy, and checked to see what was wrong.

“You want a bath? Now?” she whispered, before sighing and shaking her head. “Fine. But you’ve gotta stay quiet, or Miss Cheerilee will take you away from me!” She selected the sound option, and muted her pet. She then selected the option to bathe her pet, which the bird enjoyed very much. “Now, be a good boy whilst momma finishes her lesson, okay?”

She gave the screen a quick kiss, before leaning down to put her toy back into its bag. As she did so, she noticed Apple Bloom staring at her. “… What?”

Apple Bloom quickly turned away, her eyes still wide and her mouth still open. “N-Nothin’,” she said.

Diamond Tiara gave the filly a strange look, before shrugging it off, and getting back to not paying attention to anything that the teacher was saying.

School was just so boring.


When Diamond Tiara arrived at her favourite spot outside of the schoolhouse, she placed her bag down, and pulled out her lunchbox and a folded-up blanket. The blanket was pink, with purple and white stripes running across it diagonally, and it had her Cutie Mark in the very centre.

Once the blanket was laid out on the floor, and sat down, and placed her lunchbox beside her. She wasn’t going to start yet. Not until Silver Spoon arrived from whatever ‘important business’ she was doing.

“… Oh. I should make sure Piyo’s okay.” She pulled out her toy from her bag, and took a quick glance at the screen. Her eyes widened in horror at what she saw. Apparently, Piyo had gotten hungry at some point during the lessons, and couldn’t hold on for a measly one and a half hours.

It was now on its side, with ‘X’s where its eyes should be, with stink lines coming off of its body, and flies flying around it.

A tear rolled down Diamond Tiara’s cheek, soon followed by another one. “P-Piyo… No…” She threw her head up into the air, and clenched her eyes shut as she yelled, at the top of her lungs: “PIYOOOOOOOOOOOO!”


Silver Spoon approached her friend calmly. “Diamond, listen. We’ve been talking, and we think you have a problem.” Behind her, the three members that made up the Cutie Mark Crusaders also approached, and nodded their heads in agreement.

“A-A problem? What do you mean? How could you say that?!” Diamond Tiara asked, her face red and wet from the tears she had shed moments earlier.

“Well,” Apple Bloom started, “Fer one thing, ye’re givin’ CPR to a toy…”

Diamond Tiara, in the middle of trying to breath air into her pet, stopped immediately, and considered her actions rationally for a moment. She then lifted her head up, stared at the toy beneath her, and then at the four fillies beside her. “… Oh Celestia. I need help.”

Silver Spoon smiled, and placed a reassuring hoof on her friend’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. We know just what to do.”


Sweetie Belle fell to her haunches, too tired to continue digging anymore. “I-It’s too h-hot for this…”

Scootaloo wiped the sweat off of her brow, and then realised something. She looked over at the two rich fillies, who were simply sitting off to the side, sipping at their milkshakes in the cool shade beneath a tree. “Hey! Aren’t you two gonna help?!” she shouted. “It’s her dumb pet that died!”

“D-Dumb pet?!” Diamond Tiara shouted back, but was stopped from responding aggressively by her friend’s hoof. Instead, she simply nuzzled her now-dead pet, and whispered words of reassurance that he wasn’t dumb.

“You want two cute fillies like us to get our coats dirty?” Silver Spoon asked. “Besides, you might get your Cutie Marks in digging.”

The three thought about that for a second, and suddenly, they seemed to recover all of their energy, each one now racing to ‘dig up’ their Cutie Mark first. Silver Spoon gave a victorious smile, before frowning when she saw Diamond Tiara charging up a defibrillator beside her.

“Diamond,” she said, stopping her friend from possibly electrocuting herself.

Diamond Tiara sighed, and kicked the defibrillator away. “Sorry. It’s just, he’s been such a big part of my life, and-”

Silver Spoon put her hoof over Diamond Tiara’s. “It’s okay. I’m here for you.”

“Silver Spoon…”

“Hey!” Scootaloo shouted, destroying the moment between the two friends. “We’re done over here!”

“Did ah get a Cutie Mark?!” Apple Bloom asked excitedly. She looked at her flank, and then frowned when she saw that it was still blank. “Darn it!”

“Maybe you’ll get your Cutie Marks in burying?” Silver Spoon suggested. Their faces all lit up, and she shook her head and slammed a hoof against her face. ‘Such simple minds…

Diamond Tiara approached the hole that had been dug, and looked down at her dead pet, sniffing a few times as she prepared herself to say goodbye forever.

She threw the toy into the hole, and then quickly averted her eyes. Silver Spoon held her friend close, and nodded to the Crusaders, who immediately began to throw the dirt back into the hole it originally came from.

“I didn’t think it’d be so hard,” Diamond Tiara said.

“It’s for your own good,” Silver Spoon said. She watched as the Crusaders continued to bury the accursed toy that had robbed Diamond Tiara from her for the past week, and smiled as she released her friend, and held her hoof. “Hey, I heard Carousal Boutique has a new line of dresses in, designed by Fleur de Lis herself. Wanna go check it out?”

Diamond Tiara’s face suddenly lit up, and she nodded her head. “Totally!”

The two friends walked off in the direction of the shop, leaving the three Crusaders to finish off their dirty work for them. Silver Spoon spared one last glance at the buried toy, and a wicked grin crossed her face. ‘Just the way it should be. Diamond Tiara is my friend, and I’m not gonna let some stupid little toy replace me!

Meanwhile, a bright flash of light appeared where the Crusaders were digging, blinding the three of them momentarily.

“W-What was that?” Apple Bloom asked. She heard a gasp, and turned to the source of it.

“Girls, girls, look!” Sweetie Belle shouted, turning around and presenting her flank to her friends. “I got my Cutie Mark! I did it!”

Scootaloo approached her friend, and offered a hoofbump. “Way to go!” she shouted, before leaning in to examine the new Cutie Mark. “It’s… a headstone?”

The three fillies remained silent for a minute, neither one of them sure quite what to say.

Suddenly, Sweetie Belle broke the silence. “Oh boy! Just wait’ll I show Rarity!”

Author's Note:

Fun fact: for this prompt, I was going to write a Digimon World parody. Anypony here ever play that game? For the PS1? (Just called PS back in my day). It was like the most fun thing ever... and then I lost my cheat disk, and had to train legitimately. Suddenly wasn't as fun anymore. The music was still great though.

But I digest... Er, digress. I decided instead to give Diamond Tiara a tomogatchi, but it was still missing something... so I gave her an unhealthy love for her tomogatchi... still not quite complete... I added Silver Spoon and the CMC holding an intervention for her. Perfect!

Hasbro, if you're reading this, you should totally made Diamond Tiara an otaku in canon. Do eet.