AppleDash 3,010 members · 1,061 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

Well, my recent forays with Cupcake Chronicles Side Stories have begun to explore a dominance and submission side of AppleDash.

I've read a small number of fics that explore the couple in bondage games. So, how do you prefer your BDSM AppleDash? Who's the dom? Sub? Permanent roles or do they switch?

Jackie
Group Contributor

1292512 I actually like it when they switch around, rather than one having solely dominating the other. However, as Dash being the dominant, Celestia knows what kind of kinky stuff goes through her head. Then again, there's Applejack with some sexy rope tricks. :rainbowwild:

Alright, I'll shut up now. :ajsleepy: P.S. Throw some more pegasi in there! *cough*Spitfire*cough*

1292556>>1292591 Well, for me, the origins of Dash's submissive mindset is a plot point of Learning To Laugh Again, so I don't want to spoil anything just yet, otherwise I'd love to discuss what I think of a sub Dash.

They switch around, the stress of always be the dom has to get them from time to time beside their responsabilities outside the bedroom and relationship

This... Only maybe a little more as a kink rather than a lifestyle.

I tend to enjoy seeing Dashie as Sub with AJ. She it Dom most of the time in other stories, but not so much with AJ.

I want more Spitfire SO bad. Some of the best RainbowFire on the site just went away recently. :fluttercry:

1292659 I can discuss my AJ dom mindset though, as I've not been secretive about that.

Regardless as to what's happened to Dash in the Cupcake Chronicles, AJ quickly discovered that she very much enjoys controlling a wild and independent pony like Rainbow.

I haven't read that yet. I've been meaning to, but I'm trying to clear out my longer stories first. I can definitely see the thrill in controlling such an independent mare such as Dashie.

O
O #10 · Jul 15th, 2013 · · ·

Personally, I like writing them both in either role. Within the story they might be permanently one or the other (for example, in Sex, Lies, and Cowpony Hats I don't see them ever switching in the future; AJ is Dash's dom) but in my writing I switch them a lot.

As a dom, my AJ tends to be kind and strict (and good with rope, of course.) She's really careful not to push a pony outside of their limits, but within those limits she'll be as rough as she can get. She's also the careful one of the two; she's the one who will make sure everyone remembers safe words, stop the scene if it's getting too rough, ask if the ropes are too tight, etc.

As a sub, my AJ is looking for a challenge- she wants to set her willpower against things she knows she shouldn't be doing. If she's a sub, she's not into being tied up, she wants to be submissive and degraded so that she can prove to herself and Dash that she can even do that best. Being tied up or physically forced would be too easy for her, because she's not doing anything.

My Dash as a dom is a little tiny bit sadistic. She's not good with rules, and she likes to push things to (and sometimes past) their limits. She'd never mean to hurt a pony, but she's more likely to do something against the rules (and anytime you do something against the rules in a sex scene, someone could get hurt.) She also gets a power trip from domming, so she likes to lord over her sub, which fits perfectly with AJ.

Dash as a sub is a mess. In my headcanon, she subs because she knows that she's sometimes a jerk, and she knows that's bad and wants to be punished. She has next to no willpower, and is likely to get angry and break role without the safeword, or to be a naughty sub and try to distract or disobey her dom, unless she's restrained or thoroughly dominated. But since the goal is to be punished, being bad is kind of part of her game plan. (I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I have a headcanon that the only way to thoroughly dominate Dash is to make her think she's been abandoned, then "rescue" her, at which point she'll do whatever her dom wants to keep them from leaving.)

These aren't set in stone. For example, Applejinx's Trixieverse, and the recent piece I did for The Mailbox collab, have opened me up more to AJ as a submissive so she can let go. But that's how I tend to write the characters.

The only thing I dislike is when either AJ or Dash is turned into a sub with no backbone with no good reason. There are plenty of ways that strong ponies like them can sub and still show that they're the same character underneath.

1292512 Thanks to Maybe if You Beg, a wonderful AppleDash bondage fic, I am now of the mindset of erotic wrestling. Dash and AJ wrestle, trying to get each-other off in any way possible, and whoever has an orgasm first loses. The winner gets to tie up the loser and sexually dominate her for the next 12-24 hours, and the next time they have sex, the cycle repeats. Since Applejack has stronger muscles from bucking apple trees all day, it stands to reason that Dash would have a lesser chance of winning (her wings are tied), but I still vote fur the monochromatic pegasus, namely because AJ thinks she's in charge of her submissive little wingpony.

Provides for some hot, late-night fantasies as well.

In my opinion, I prefer Dash as a sub, because she always is so bossy, and trying to be on top of the others, including Applejack (see Fall Weather Friends), that she might secretly want to be dominated. but... that's me.

I can see Rainbow really enjoying being the sub. She puts so much pressure on herself to be her absolute best at anything at any moment. She likes pushing her boundaries, and she enjoys a challenge. And she'd probably consider letting somepony doing things to her while she's helpless the absolute expression of trust. So it would be something she'd get pretty hot for.

But Applejack has more pressure on her than almost any other pony we know well on the show. She's running an orchard, probably has been for most of her life up to this point, and it one of Ponyville's best and brightest. She takes care of her family, the Acres, and any other odd-jobs around, I think, so she always has to be in control. So any loss of control would be exotic and probably mind-blowing to her, once she trusted a pony enough to take that control away.

So I think they definitely switch off. In a way, it could be another competition between them, so long as they didn't escalate too badly. But they're both very forthright ponies, so they'd tell each other if anything went too far to be enjoyable or safe.

1293353 That's a key plot point I'm going to be touching on. Rainbow, who asked AJ to dominate her, has never asked for a safe word, and Applejack wants to know why, but Rainbow does a little beating around the bush.

1293586 Ah, that would definitely be a problem worth addressing. I could see AJ freaking out a bunch at that. SHe's a strong pony, and she knows it. And the though that she could seriously hurt Rainbow without realizing because of no safeword would probably give her a lot of extra stress she really doesn't need in her life...

1293608 Ah, but what to do when Rainbow wants to keep it a secret? Perhaps something she's ashamed of?

1293618 That's an interesting conundrum. Applejack is patient (up to a point) and a generally reasonable and caring pony (up to a point). But eventually she'd snap and demand an explanation, perhaps in a delightfully angry and destructive way. Which could lead to all sorts of fun problems between the two of them, especially if (from what I'm guessing here) Dash is already in a vulnerable place.

1293683 That's awesome. That sounds like exactly what I've planned out.

Usually like Rainbow a little more as the sub. But I'd say switching is best. They're both very dominant and strong with their personalities (albeit in different ways), and it's usually more interesting to me when I read about a character in a role that seems to place them at odds with their usual role.

Neither my Apple nor my Dash are really BDSM as first nature, that's :raritywink: above all and :trixieshiftright::twilightblush: for their own reasons, but I've had Applejack going outrageously far under stress (very unsafely) and Dash exploring the collapse of her ego, also unsafely.

Ya know, they would have been better off getting well spanked rather than what they did :duck:
:rainbowderp::applejackunsure:

And I've had Rarity master Applejack, but Rarity is so good she picked up that it was beyond matters of sex, and responded very responsibly (good pony! best Mistress! :raritystarry: )

I have never had Rarity break Dash. :rainbowdetermined2: it would probably have to be with Applejack's assent at this point, and it could only be if Dash got really, REALLY frustrated that everypony else seems to have gone for a marshmallowpone ride but her. I mean, Derpy? Seriously? And I have a feeling that Rarity would not be able to resist calling on her old ways (not sure if she's teaching Derpy anything about that, depends on what she sees as fitting) because Dash is such a lovely challenge... And when Rarity is in love and ecstatically happy, she gets REALLY daring…

You consarned idea-givin' troublemakers. :ajbemused:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

This, all of this :yay:

Also, I see AJ as having so much responsibility that sometimes she just wants to lay back and be in a position where her opinion doesn't matter.

I prefer AJ as dominate, because I've seen some good clopfics with her as it, but I'd say realistically they'd switch around.:ajsmug:

bookplayer
Group Admin

You know, just because you're taking a break from novel writing doesn't mean you can't write some side stories... :ajsmug:

Applejack and Rainbow Dash both have very dominant personalities. It's hard to tell who would prefer being where. I expect neither of them would enjoy simply submitting to the other, they would both much rather put up a fight, struggle until the other has forced them into submitting, rather than just giving up. I'm always a little surprised when I see one of them easily giving into the other in fics. It seems to me like there'd be a lot of switching around about who's dom and who's sub, depending on the situation.

Hey look, I convinced somebody. :P

Mister Friendly
Group Contributor

One of the things about BDSM isn't necessarily who's dominating the other. Yes, it's crucial, but the main ingredient is trust. Sure, you could go hardcore dom stuff, but that's not necessarily all there is in BDSM. After all, you wouldn't trust your most private kinks to just anyone.
I'm sure it'd be like a game to them, like 'who could get who to submit the fastest', each taking turns. As competitive and playful as they can be together, I could see it working as the ultimate bond of trust between them. And it'd leave plenty of openings for contention in a fic to explore, too.

I'm going to stop there before I start thinking about this too much and end up writing about it. It'd weird enough seriously writing about cartoon ponies. Adding ball gags into the mix is a whole other level of whacky.

one of the things I like more of Appledash is, that they can switch in begin dominant.
is good see variety in the stories, sometimes is AJ and sometimes is Rainbow, and it fits very good, because both have similar personalities in that aspect, domiantion XD
however...I must said, that I prefer more sweet and cute love rather than BDSM XD....maybe just a little BDSM, like ropes, that would be enough, still......BDSM is nice XD

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28