RariJack 1,945 members · 537 stories
Comments ( 456 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 456

What is RariJack Prompt Tag? It's a game stolen whole hog from the AppleDash group, which you've probably already seen applied to other pairings, and here's how you play it:
I'll start off by posting a 100-500 word mini-fic about AJ and Rarity. At the end will be a one word prompt. If you would like to write a 100-500 word RariJack mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next four hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.

Simple enough?

Just to make sure everything is clear:
* The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Keep it rated teen or lower, make sure it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed and shoot for 100-500 words of fiction about AJ and Rarity. (But we won't stop you if it goes a bit longer. :raritywink::ajsmug:)
* Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the remember to include the next prompt.
* Your claim is valid for four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.
* In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.
* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.

We'll start with the four hour claim limit for now and adjust it later if need be.
These rules are meant to be a bit loosey-goosey, not hard and fast. Going over 500 words, or having an occasional two word prompt or whatever is just fine. The main idea is to have fun.

You can follow this as a posted story here.

I'll start us off with the prompt: Rodeo

Rodeo

As the hot sun beat down on the rodeo arena just south of the town of Appleloosa, ponies throughout the crowd kept sneaking glances at a particular unicorn, making his way through the stands. Hundreds of earth ponies, dozens of pegasi and a smattering of unicorns all gawked at the tall stallion dressed in a frock coat, bowtie and monocle and clearly from Manehattan or even Canterlot. Finally catching sight of a particular unicorn, who seemed just as flabbergasted as the rest of the crowd, he made his way over to the empty bench by her side.

“Good afternoon, Miss Rarity. I’d heard a rumor that I might find you here.” The stallion smiled as he took his seat.

“Fancy Pants! This is quite a surprise.” Rarity’s look of shock turned to wonder. “I didn’t expect to see you all the way out here. What brings you to Appleloosa?”

“The rodeo, among other things. I confess, I usually take in the shows in Canterlot, but some rumors are worth looking into.”

Fancy Pants bought two large mugs of fresh, iced apple juice from a passing vendor while he allowed his comments to sink in.

“I had no idea you followed rodeo.” Rarity knew what the rumor was, but a game of cat and mouse with Fancy Pants was too good to pass up.

“For the same reason I follow the Wonderbolts, my dear. Just as they are the showcase of pegasus talents, the rodeo is the showcase of earth pony talents.”

“Mmm, yes. I never truly appreciated that until recently, though all the dirt and hard wear of the rodeo does make a fashion designer’s job more of a challenge.” Rarity allowed herself a smirk.

“Yes, I imagine so. Though I also wonder about the marketing angle. It can’t be easy to sell the idea of fashion to utilitarians.” Fancy Pants responded with a raised eyebrow.

Rarity simply pointed a hoof toward the center of the area where Applejack trotted out in an outfit skirting the line between the high fashion of Canterlot and the rustic utilitarianism of Appleloosa. Red and green gems glistened around the brim of her hat and on the cuff of each boot. Crisp geometric patterns were woven down the length of her chaps. Tucked just behind her ear, she wore a white and violet lily. The whole outfit served to amplify Applejack’s inherent charm.

“My wife is a great help in that department.” Rarity stated simply.

Judging by the cheers of the crowd, Fancy Pants had to agree.

This story is a sort of continuation of the RariJack prompt I wrote for the VitSoL challenge. (It's a little saucy, but still Teen.)
Next Prompt: Horn

Darn it, I was going to claim it. Ah well. I'll wait for the next one. :twilightsheepish:

Mwuhaha... Anyways give me a bit.

Alright! I'm used to this over at the Flutterdash group. :raritywink: Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I would love to do this, but I'm way to scared of writing. People tell me I have great ideas and that I should write, I just lack confidence. another reason I never publish my ideas:
1) get an great idea
2) start writing
3) destroy what is poorly written
4) ???
5) don't profit

bats
Group Admin

That's what's great about these prompt games; they're really low pressure. It can be a mini-heart attack to put together a proper story page and actually submit it to the site at large, but here it's just a forum post. Small amount of writing, very little judgement. It's less an actual story and more of a word game. You should give it a try!

Lets do this! I'm game. :pinkiehappy:

Horn

Sweetie Belle stood still as Zecora was examining her horn that was suffering from the effects the Poison Joke that she fell into after the last attempt for the Cutie Mark Crusaders to earn their cutie marks. As Zecora was going back and forth between her giant pot and Sweetie Belle's horn, Sweetie Belle was engaged in a conversation with the zebra.

"So where is Rarity, for I have not seen much of the Element of Generosity," asked the witch doctor.

"She should be on her way back from Appleloosa with my sister-in-law Applejack. I think they said that there was a rodeo there or something."

"I heard about that rodeo, I believe that Applejack was planning on making a cameo?" Before Sweetie Belle could reply, Rarity came through the door followed by her wife.

"Sweetie Belle... Did you land in Poison Joke during your 'Cutie Mark Crusader Wilderness Survivors'?" asked Rarity as she face-hoofed. Sweetie Belle blushed in embarrassment of the situation as her horn drooped down in it's blue polka dot state.

"Yes... I'm sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention," the young unicorn sighed. Rarity hugged her and was joined by Applejack.

"It's okay little sister, after all I had suffered once from the affects of the accursed plant as well as Applejack,"

"Eeyup, and ah rather not speak of that awful time if ya'll don't mind." stated Applejack grimly as she remember the grueling events that had once occurred.

Sweetie Belle giggled at the thought of the two being affected by Poison Joke. "Look on the bright side Applejack, at least you never mistaken a giant boulder for-" she was cut off by the most menacing glare from her older sister, and not a moment sooner had she realized her grave mistake about mentioning the events of the subject-never-to-be-discussed-ever-again...

"I thought that we wouldn't mention that..." she grumbled as both Zecora and Applejack were desperately to not to laugh as they both feared their lives, not to mention one of them still wished to both remain living in the same house and participate in certain activities with her spouse not suited for still young ears.

Soon after, Zecora finished the cure for Sweetie Belle's horn and applied it. After a good few minutes the horn reverted back to its original state.

"Thank you Zecora, I hope there's a way I can repay you for this!" cheered Sweetie Belle as she started to walk out of the front door with both Rarity and Applejack in tow.

"Do not worry child, it's worth all the while!" called back Zecora as she was replacing all of the ingredients and tools that she used during the evening. It came to Zecora's mind that maybe she should settle down with that special somepony like those two had done.

BAM! 500 EXACTLY! Anyways,
Next Prompt: kids

I completely forgot to mention that my Rodeo prompt is a sort of continuation of the RariJack prompt I wrote for the VitSoL challenge. (It's a little saucy, but still Teen.)

(Not claiming)

Perfect... everything is going according to plan...

:pinkiecrazy:

“Have you ever thought of having kids?”

Rarity watched as Applejack paused, a bite of sandwich halfway to her mouth. The orange earth pony straightened up, looked to the ceiling, and mouthed the words as if not sure she had heard them correctly.

When it was clear her love would not respond any time soon, Rarity casually went on, “I’ve always wanted at least one. It would be nice, to have someone to help out at the boutique…”

This seemed to snap the earth pony out of her stupor. “Help out at the boutique? Heck no. If’n we ever have a youngun they’ll work at the farm.”

Rarity waved a hoof. “I’m sure we can split their time between working at both, darling.” She paused, and glanced at her wife slyly out of the corner of her eye. “So… how many would you like?”

“Heck, I dunno, Rares.” Applejack rubbed her neck, a bit uncomfortable.

“I think we should have three.”

“Golly. That’s a lotta birthin’. Are you sure?”

“Absolutely,” Rarity said with conviction. Then, more quietly she added, “I think it would be quite fitting, since we both have threes in our cutie marks.”

Applejack gazed fondly at her. “Well if ya want three kids, then I guess that’s how many we’ll have.”

The grin on Rarity’s face was worth the awkwardness of the conversation. Applejack straightened up proudly, and went back to eating.

“Oh, one more thing, darling.” Rarity chimed in almost nonchalantly. Applejack looked at her, her chewing slowing down a bit.

“If we have a colt, his name will be Jasper.”

The look in her wife’s eyes told AJ that there would be absolutely no arguing the matter.

“Whatever ya want, sugar.”

-----------
Monster

1376982 You shouldn't put yourself down. The only way to get better is too work hard, or cheat. And cheating is bad, just ask my ex wife!

*cricket noises*

Damn, I thought that'd be a good joke :facehoof:

1377328 Funny how you tell me not to put myself down and then you go and put down yourself for your moderately humorous statement.It didn't warrant a laugh but it made me do my awkward, happy, snort thing...which is just below a slight smile.

HAHAhahaha!! :rainbowlaugh:

You said "wife"... Jk, buddy, jk...

go for it, yo. I only prompted it cause I'm drinking one right now...

I'll go ahead and claim this I guess. (Don't know what Bust-It means so I may interpret it a bit differently than what it's supposed to be:twilightsheepish:)

Bust-It

“Oh bust it!” A voice shouted. Upon hearing a pony in distress, Rarity galloped over to see if she could help. The sound came from Sweet Apple Acres if her ears served her properly.
“What’s wrong darli-Applejack?” Rarity said. Looking back it did make sense, seeing as the sound came from Sweet Apple Acres.
“Hey Rarity. I can’t seem to fix this busted water shute. Ah was just about to give up, but seeing as you’re here could you give me a hand?” Applejack asked.
“Well of course darling, just one question.” Rarity replied.
“Shoot.” Applejack said.
“What does the term Bust-It mean?” Rarity asked.
“What do you mean?” Applejack asked.
“I’ve never heard it before, and was simply wondering what it meant.” Rarity replied.
“Well the way I use it it basically means screw it, I’m done with this bullshit.” Applejack said. “I just don’t wanna be swearing now that Applebloom’s old enough to understand it.”
“I see.” Rarity said, snickering.
“What’s with the snickering Rarity?” Applejack asked.
“I just find bust-it to be a humorous choice of words.” Rarity said.
“Well what’s wrong with it?!” Applejack asked.
“Why nothing darling, I just think that there are other ways to avoid swearing than to come up with rather humorous expressions.” Rarity replied.
“Ah think there’s something else goin’ on! Maybe you just don’t like the way I talk cause it’s not all fancy and proper!” Applejack shouted.
“Well if you’re going to shout there’s no need for false accusations!” Rarity shouted.
Applebloom was walking peacefully through the west orchard when all of a sudden, she heard shouting.
“What in tarnation is going on” She asked herself. She walked over to where she heard the shouting. The barn? She thought. She hid in the bushes to get a better view. It seemed that Applejack was arguing with Rarity. Again. Applebloom thought. She was too far away to hear most of it, but she could tell it was another heated argument. As the shouting got louder, Applebloom could see a hint of discomfort in her sister’s face. She tried to get closer to hear what they were saying, but the shouting stopped. Applebloom moved even closer, and was finally able to hear what they were saying.
“What’s wrong darling, you look uncomfortable.” Rarity said.
“It’s nothin, don’t worry about it.” Applejack replied, blushing.
“No it’s clearly something Applejack, you’re a terrible liar.” Rarity said.
“It’s just I... I mean it’s... Ah bust it.” Applejack said.
“Bust wha-” Rarity’s sentence got cut off when Applejack pulled her in for a kiss.

Oh mah gosh. Applebloom thought. “Ah gotta tell the crusaders!” She shouted, running off to ponyville, leaving two very stunned ponies staring shocked in Applebloom’s direction.
“What just happened? Rarity said.
“Heck if I know” Applejack replied.
“Do you think she’s really going to tell the crusaders?” Rarity asked.
“Bust it.” Applejack replied, pulling Rarity in for another kiss.

So I have no idea what bust-it really means, or if it's actually an expression so don't be mad.

Next Prompt: Sugarcube

Uh, okay, I'll give it a whirl.

Comment posted by Sadie deleted Jul 29th, 2013

Sugarcube.

Rarity’s kitchen. At the table, Rarity, and one pony by the name of Applejack. The former holds a white mug in one hoof, filled two thirds of the way with a mixture known as ‘coffee’. The latter stares at a similar mug, not filled with coffee.
“I dunno. I’ve always avoided caffeine on account of gettin’ dizzy when apple bucking.” Rarity looks at Applejack. She is not impressed.
“I think you’ll find that this tea is quite relaxing.”
“Well, if you say so.” Blue magic takes a nearby teapot. The empty mug is filled with tea. Applejack peers down at the now filled mug. Rarity continues to look unimpressed.
“The purpose of ‘hot drinks’ are to drink them while they are hot.”
“Are you sure? Isn’t that gonna scald my insides if I just down it?”
“Applejack. You do not ‘down’ tea, you sip it gracefully.” Applejack continues to stare at the mug. She is confused.
“Fine, can I at least add sugar?” Rarity bats her hoof.
Applejack picks up a sugarcube. She drops it in the mug of tea. “One sugarcube.” She chuckles to herself. “Heh, sugarcube.”
She picks up another. “Two sugarcube.” And another. “Three sugarcube...”
“Applejack! Are you two or something? Must you count out every single sugarcube darling?” Applejack chuckles again.
“Sugarcube and darlin’. Pretty cute couple, ain’t we.” Rarity places her mug on the table in haste. She is embarrassed.
“Applejack, since when have we been a ‘couple’?”
“Since when I said so. And do you mind using those fancy air-quotes around every single word you don’t like of mine?” Rarity resumes drinking her coffee. She mutters under her breath.
“I don’t recall agreeing to anything involving a relationship. And doesn’t having a marefriend require that both parties consent?”
Applejack reaches her hoof across. It takes hold of Rarity’s. “There’s nothing about being a marefriend that requires a lifetime commitment.”
Rarity removes her hoof from the hold. “Applejack. I outright refuse to enter into any sort of romantic relationship with you on a whim. For that matter, I may just refuse to enter a relationship with you at all!”
Applejack takes a sugarcube. She places it on Rarity’s nose. “We’ll see how long you can dodge the love train. Fact of the matter is, I got you blushing from that lil’ proposal already.”
Rarity examines her face. It is a bright pink. “For goodness sake, it’s just a little flushing from the coffee! Don’t try and pull anything from that.”
There is a shuffle. Applejack slides her mug to the side. She leans in, and holds Rarity’s face close.
“Sugarcube, don’t lie to me. I know there’s some smug part of you that just wants me.” Applejack extends her tongue. It catches the sugarcube, returning it to her mouth. “Or you can just sit there and be a wet towel while I do mah best at flirting. Your choice.”

(I felt like doing something different, hence the present tense/narrating voice.)

Rope.

Oh dear... The story that I can make with this this topic... But I am not claiming for fear of scarring someone's childhood.

I think I'll claim this one. :raritywink:

Prompt: Rope

“Applejack, darling, I don’t understand why you need me to do this…”

“Just go with it, Rare. It’ll be over in a second, Ah promise you that…”

The elegant white unicorn fidgeted in place, every few seconds lifting up one of her hooves to avoid the mud she happened to be standing in. Blue eyes nervously watched as Applejack, who was roughly thirty feet away, gripped one end of a taut brown rope in her mouth and began to swing it around in the air; slowly it became a quickly whirling lasso.

Rarity realized what was going to happen a second too late – she shrieked as the rope landed around her neck, flicking a few violet curls out of place and tangling them in with the brown material. Applejack stopped, saw that she had hit her target, and let out a wild whoop of joy. “Perfect!”

“Perfect,” Rarity replied in a downcast grumble, shaking the rope off of her head and activating her magic to put her mane back into place.

But it was hard to stay angry for too long at Applejack, whose green eyes shone with radiance like twin emerald suns. “Did ya see that, Rare? Ya think that’ll be good enough for the rodeo next week?”

Despite her anger at being used for rodeo practice, Rarity smiled and nodded. “I think it shall be positively wonderful. Your aim is spot on.”

“Phew! Ah was worried there for a second, ya know,” the earth pony replied, wiping some moisture off of her brow in one quick sweep. “Thank goodness!”

A light blue aura enveloped the rope, laying it across Applejack’s back, causing her to tip her head in Rarity’s direction. The unicorn bit her lip, a question suddenly bubbling to the top of her head. “Um…Applejack, darling?”

AJ turned, an inquisitive look on her face.

“Why did you want me to come here for your rodeo practice? Why didn’t you just use some cow, or maybe somepony that doesn’t mind mud?” As if to prove a point, Rarity lifted her front hoof up high and shuddered as she watched said mud drip off slowly.

Applejack laughed; it was a nervous kind of laugh that told you that something deep was going on, and it intrigued Rarity. “Well…” She looked away, heat rising to her cheeks.

“Yes?” Rarity asked, tipping her head ever so slightly to the side.

“Well, Ah wanted to spend more time by you, Rare.”

“By me?” Now the heat was flooding to the unicorn’s cheeks, and as she had white fur, there was no way to hide it. “Why, Applejack, whatever do you mea—?”

Before she could finish, a quick twist of the rope and it was snared around Rarity’s neck, pulling her closer, closer, until her muzzle was less than an inch away from Applejack’s. She knew what was going to happen next, and yet she did nothing to stop it.

No, when Applejack kissed her, the only thing Rarity did was kiss her back.

Next prompt: Candy

1388047 Gotcha :twilightsheepish:. Whatevers I tried.

Candy huh? Tempting, I'll check up on it tomorrow. No claim for now.

This has interested me but no claim...

Candy

"Well, that's done with," Rarity said as she swung the door shut after the departure of the baby dragon.

"I thought he'd never leave," Applejack said with a smile as she stepped over next to her marefriend, the orange pony rubbing her snout against Rarity's as the unicorn smiled and leaned back into the earth pony's warm side. "But you really should stop leadin' him on like that Rarity."

"I know. I just am worried it will break his little heart when he finds out we're together."

Applejack frowned slightly, shifting away. "We've been together for a month now. I'm sure he's going to find out eventually, and it'd be best if it was from us, not from somepony else."

"I know," Rarity sighed as she shook her head, feeling Applejack's warmth retreating as the orange pony stepped away from her. "I must admit I am rather flattered by the attention though. I never would have thought I looked as good to dragons as I do to ponies."

Applejack smirked. "Oh, I've got a pretty good idea of it. I bet its the same thing that made Lyra go after Bon Bon."

"Same thing? Whatever do you mean?"

"Oh, nothin," the earth pony replied as she leaned in close to the unicorn's ear. "Candybutt."

"I beg your pardon?"

Applejack laughed. "Well its like this. Bonbon has candy on her flank, and to a dragon, those diamonds you're sporting must look like the sweetest thing in all Equestria."

"Those diamonds represent my love of beauty and craftsmanship, not food!"

"I dunno Rarity, I reckon as far as Spike's concerned, the gems you find are the tastiest there are. I bet he's just itchin to get a taste of the sweetest gems of all. Might be I want a taste too."

Rarity swished her tail, her cheeks flushing. "Oh you're incorrigible!"

Applejack nuzzled back up against her marefriend's side, her chin rubbing against the back of Rarity's neck. "I dunno. I don't think its such a bad thing that I want to try gettin to know my marefriend a bit better. Might be that I'd like it if she wanted to do the same to me." She shifted foward, lifting her head to give the unicorn a kiss on the ear. "Besides, I know you've always wondered what mine tastes like."

The unicorn squeaked at that, her face red, but despite the heat in her voice, her body language betrayed her as she leaned back into the strong earth pony, her tail swishing behind her, brushing up against Applejack's own flank. "A lady would never be so uncouth."

"Oh, I dunno. I'd think that a proper lady would want her ladyfriend to be happy. I promise my mouth won't go anywhere you don't want it to."

"That's what I'm afraid of," Rarity replied, ducking her head slightly as Applejack laughed.

"Well that's a mighty fine invitation if I've ever heard one." The earth pony stepped alongside Rarity, rubbing herself up against her marefriend's shoulder as she walked around in front of her, letting her back rub against Rarity's neck as she brushed on by the unicorn, turning around to nuzzle slowly along her side, first her shoulder, then letting her chin slide along her flank until she was nuzzling at Rarity's cutie mark, her tail flicking up against Rarity's snout as she gave each of the brilliant blue diamonds on her marefriend's side a gentle kiss, making the mare tremble against her.

Applejack could feel Rarity's own face moving, the white mare's chin slowly rubbing over her partner's croup, the farmer arching her back slightly as she felt the warm breath slowly moving down to her side, smiling slightly as she felt the white mare's lips press against her own cutie mark. Applejack smiled to herself as she continued to nose at Rarity's side, before squeaking as she felt Rarity's warm tongue sliding out over one of the apples adorning her flank, a laugh following a moment later.

"Well that's mighty forward of you," the cowpony said, taking the gesture as an invitation to start nibbling at Rarity's cutie mark, eliciting more shaking out of the mare beside her. Rarity's tight voice came back to her.

"Applejack," she said, "I must confess something."

"Oh? And what might that be?"

"Your cutie mark... it doesn't taste like apples."

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

Sure, I'll call dib-aroni on that.

Sorry about that, fixed.

I also am sad that no one has laughed.

Are ya'll too young to get it?

Just the right level of saucy. :rainbowwild:

I giggled madly at that cutie mark comparison. :pinkiehappy:

Kids these days. No appreciation for the classics. :ajsleepy:

EDIT: Damn it. I was writing this crepes story and ranting about how the first fanfic I put on this site wouldn't be about breakfast food. And what do I do?

I post this first... and it is still ends up with a breakfast food reference in it.

I just can't win.

One of these days, Rarity is going to lick it, taste apples, and then take a chunk out of AJ's flank. Or has that been done too? :rainbowderp:

Yeah, AJ tasting or not tasting like apples has been done far too often for me to associate it with that old commercial anymore. Sorries. :fluttercry: It was a good try, though and it was still a really nice little story.

*SOBS BROKENLY*

Oh well.

That's what I get for not knowing my fandom tropes.

Out of curiosity, are there any other tropes I should be aware of?

Only too many to count.

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

Only that tropes are not bad. It's alright to have them, as they can quickly establish a story without a needless amount of explanation and what have you.

Gonna be one of those guys and write my prompts humanized. Feel with it.

Sisters

“Aw, come on!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed, throwing her arms to the side. “Why can't I get a turn?!”
“'Cause I jus' got the wagon from Scootaloo!” Applebloom loudly retorted, a breeze blowing across the field and rustling the bow in her hair. “I ain't even had a turn yet!”
“You'll have it all day! I'm only here until sundown!”
“An' a lotta good a wagon'll be when it's dark out!” She put her hands in her overall pockets and gave a roll of her eyes. “Besides, you're bigger—it'll be easier to pull me!”
Sweetie Belle recoiled with a gasp, then stamped her foot in the grass, pointing a hard finger at the girl. “Are you suggesting I'm fat!?”
“I ain't even said that, sheesh!” Bloom said. Her expression turned devious as she rested a hand on the wagon's handle and glanced past the wooden fence, towards the house. “But if you're the one sayin' it, who am I ta argue?”
“Why you... you...” Sweetie's face contorted in thought. “Clamhead!”
Applebloom scowled, stamping a foot. “Porkface!”
“Dummy!”
“Tubby!”
“Malcontent!”
Applebloom paused. “A what?”
“A jerk!” Sweetie exclaimed.
Girls!” a haughty, cultured woman's voice proclaimed. Rarity briskly marched from the backdoor of the house, Applejack a pace behind her. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle each shared a glance befitting a man heading towards execution.
“We could hear y'all all the way from the cotton-pickin' laundry room!” AJ said, glowering as she approached the fence. She glanced at both of the girls. “What in the name-a pete's gotten into the both of ya?”
They quickly gestured to one another and spoke at once.
“She won't let me—“
“I jus' got my—“
“Got called fat—“
“What the hay's malcontent mean—“
“That's enough!” Rarity barked, crossing her hands over her chest and tapping at her elbow with one of her well-manicured violet nails. “I have not a care in the slightest who started the bickering, simply stop. Now.”
They solemnly nodded. After a beat, Applejack rolled her eyes and tilted her worn stetson back. “How 'bout y'all grab a snack inside? Got some apple juice an' crackers with yer names on it.” She glanced at the wagon. “After that, maybe me an Rare'll tug ya 'round some.”
They broke into a wide grin, blowing past the two woman and sprinting to the house. Rarity gave a good-natured sigh.
“I have no idea how you can placate them so quickly, darling.”
AJ smirked, moving a bit closer and putting a hand on Rarity's shoulder. “Practice makes perfect, sug. Ya jus' keep drillin' it inta them that ya mean business, an' eventually it sticks with 'em.”
Rarity smiled, the sun all but radiating the beauty's violet hair and dazzling smile. “I suppose that stubborn nature of yours comes in handy on occasion,” she conceded, entwining her hand with Applejacks and giving a small, preditory half-smile. “However, it's not without its faults.”
Applejack paused, narrowing her brow. “Oh boy. This should be good.” She held back from going for the throat. “What kinda faults?”
“Why,” Rarity began, glancing towards the children running toward the steps of the house. “Think about where Applebloom got her stubborn streak. She just doesn't admit to being wrong, even when she's insulting—“
“Now hold on a dang minute!” AJ replied, taking a step back from the woman. “It's yer lil' 'me first' attitude that's rubbin' off on Sweetie Belle that's the problem! She ain't even given 'Bloom a turn at the wheel!”
“Oh, I suppose your sister calling mine 'fat' was the way to go there?” she questioned, her eyes holding heat.
“Yer the one with the sister that called mine 'malcontent!' The hay that even mean?!”
“A person who's dissatisfied or rebellious—a troublemaker.”
The farmer paused, the building tension all but vapor in the air as Applejack laughed. “Eyup. Sounds 'bout like me an' Bloom. We're like peas in a pod!”
Rarity's brow twitched. She wasn't sure if Applejack's nature made her want to kiss or slap the woman sometimes. Finally, she decided on grabbing the other by the waist.
“Come on, dear,” the tailor said. “I'm sure the girls are waiting for you to pull their wagon around.”
AJ complied, walking in-step with the other towards the house before frowning. “Wait. Are ya sayin' ya ain't gonna help me?”
“Well, there's all that dirt and I just got my nails done, dear...” Rarity trailed off, playing with the necklace she wore. “Besides. I know you'd enjoy it far more than me—I'm not built for such physical excursion, after all, in addition—“
“Another day in paradise,” Applejack grumbled to herself.

Edit: Forgot my prompt word, oh shi--
Mirrors

Calling it because I'm a greedy jerk. I mean, because I want to selflessly share my stories.

Mirrors

"Howdy Rarity!" Applejack said with a bright smile on her face as she stepped into the shop.

"Coming!" chirped the mare in question, the seamstress emerging from one of the back rooms of the boutique with a smile on her face as she approached the farmer, giving her a nuzzle which the earth pony returned warmly, leaning into her lover.

"Twilight and I saw somethin' you might get a kick out of when we were in Canterlot yesterday."

"Oh?" the unicorn leaned back, her eyes bright. "What is it?"

"I left it outside, it was kind of tough to get in through yer door by myself. Its kind of fragile."

Rarity stepped out the front door of her shop and looked around for a moment before spying the canvas-covered pane sitting in the cart, a smile creeping across her face. "Is that what I think it is?"

"Sure is," the cowpony said as she stepped out after her marefriend. "Twi and I found it in the market, and figured it was just up your alley. Another magic mirror for your collection."

"Ooh, what does it do? Oh, wait, don't tell me, I want to see for myself." Applejack smiled tolerantly as her marefriend seized the covered mirror carefully with her telekinesis, floating it out of the cart and in through the front door of the store before setting it down on the floor, its back resting against one of the tables at an angle. The farmer followed her marefriend in and sat to the side, watching the eager unicorn carefully undo the canvas with her magic with a smile, the brown cloth slowly sliding away from it, the silvery surface of the mirror slowly revealing itself, the canvas covering sliding over onto a nearby bench before Rarity returned her attention to the mirror.

The unicorn's shriek jerked Applejack into action, the farmer leaping forward to hug her marefriend as the wild-eyed pony stumbled away from the mirror. "That's terrible!" Rarity wailed to her marefriend, whacking Applejack's chest with her hooves.

"Constarn it Rarity, it just makes you look like a princess! It ain't anything bad!"

Applejack could feel the seamstress quivering against her, and looking down at her face, could see fear in her eyes, tears running down her cheeks as she sniffled. "What do you mean?" she asked, shaking slightly. "That isn't what it showed at all!"

"Did that vendor trick us and give us the wrong mirror?" Applejack growled, her eyes narrowing, while Rarity relaxed slightly against her marefriend.

"You think he pulled a trick on you?"

"I don't know, let me have a look at it." Applejack slowly released her marefriend, who watched with trepedation as the farmer stepped towards the mirror. The orange earth pony's face grew puzzled as she tilted her head, the pony in the mirror doing the same.

"What are you talking about Rarity? This is exactly what the mirror in the market did."

Rarity rose to her hooves and moved next to her marefriend, Applejack watching her approach over her shoulder, giving her an encouraging smile, but the tears only began anew as Rarity gazed into the mirror once more, the tailor's legs going out from under her as she collapsed to the floor next to her marefriend.

Applejack turned her head to look back at the mirror, trying to see what her lover saw, and her eyes grew wide. In the mirror, the regal alicorn's eyes did the same, her mane flowing in an ethereal breeze beside her neck, her tail doing the same behind her. In the mirror, the farmer stood tall and regal, no longer a little pony, but instead a princess, full grown as Celestia.

But it wasn't her own reflection that made her eyes grow wide, but what stood beside her: a weathered tombstone with three blue diamonds glittering above the name of the pony laid to rest beneath it.

Next prompt: Affection

Is there a collection anywhere on TV Tropes? Or should I start one? (and never finish it)

Oh, I know tropes are not bad, but if there is a common trope in the fandom and you make a totally different joke using the same trope which will mean your joke will be lost, there isn't much point to making the joke.

I don't know if there's a list already written down or not. Probably not. I'm not familiar with RariJack specific ones as I'm much more of an AppleDasher deep down. :ajsmug::rainbowwild:

But the taste of apples thing follows AJ everywhere she sticks her muzzle.

>follows AJ everywhere she sticks her muzzle
Shouldn't that be reversed?

Clearly, whomever is getting her muzzle had better be offering the same in return.

1391816 What does the mirror do? Tell the future?

So did my prompt just suck too much, or did everyone just kind of lose interest?

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

I was waiting for someone else to start it, to be honest. Been working on my actual RariJack story. If someone else doesn't call dibs by afternoon, I'll claim it.
Edit: Thank God someone else did, I totally forgot about this.

As every business owner knows, there are some ideals that stay the same across the board, regardless of actual occupation. Among these is the well-known virtue of getting up early.
Of course, each pony has a different definition of 'early'. Rarity had woken up to see that, as usual, Applejack had arisen and left for her morning chores without waking her up. Normally she would pretend to pout about being loved and then left, but today was different. Today, she knew Applejack would be back for breakfast, and she planned to go all out and make something truly special. She trotted into the kitchen and began to hum as she whipped up some fresh batter, and mentally sighed in relief that Sweetie Belle was not here this weekend. After all, crepes are already notoriously difficult to make, and she really didn't want to know what the filly that was capable of burning juice would do to them.

Applejack barged into Rarity's boutique and sighed in relief. "Ah'm home!" she called cheerfully.
Rarity stuck her head out of the kitchen and put a fake frown on her face. "Must you be so loud?" she asked.
"Aw, Rares, surely ya don't mean that. You wouldn't love me if'n Ah wasn't." She walked into the kitchen and grinned. "And besides, you're louder'n me anyway."
"We are not having that conversation this early in the morning," Rarity said firmly even as her cheeks tinged with pink.
"Fine by me," Applejack said dismissively. "Ah'm just here for breakfast anyway."
"Glad to know I'm so adored," Rarity said dryly.
Applejack paused in front of the large pile of crepes. "What's this?" she asked, bringing up a hoof and prodding experimentally at this new food.
"They're crepes, darling."
"Crepes," Applejack tasted the word and rolled it around in her mouth a few times before rendering her verdict. "They look just like really thin pancakes without the apple chunks."
Rarity lifted the plate with her magic and brought it to the table, making sure to flick Applejack in the nose with her tail as she walked by. "They are not just 'pancakes', Applejack. They are a time-honored breakfast tradition in many circles,"
"Ah still think somepony just added too much water to the batter," Applejack muttered, but she still came to the table and took a seat.
Rarity sat down with perfect poise and lifted over a single crepe. She gently scooped some cream onto her crepe. She then delicately placed strawberry halves all along the center, and rolled it up neatly. With skill and grace, she took the strawberry sauce and drizzled it all along the top in a zigzag pattern. With a healthy coating of powdered sugar, she deemed her breakfast perfect. Now fully prepared to enjoy her breakfast, she lifted it up and brought it to her mouth.
Well, she almost did. This masterpiece dropped back down to the plate as she caught sight of Applejack attempting to force a crepe into her mouth, and getting frustrated when it kept falling apart.
"What are you doing?" Rarity shrieked.
"Eatin'," Applejack said around a mouthful of crepe.
"No! No, no, no! That's not how crepes are to be eaten! You have to put toppings on them. You have to care for them."
"What toppings? You don't even have syrup," Applejack pointed out.
"Syrup does not go on crepes!"
Applejack rolled her eyes and muttered something about some ponies making breakfast a far too complicated affair.
"All right," she said. "Where's the peanut butter?"
"Put this on," Rarity said, floating over a small jar. "It's better on crepes, anyway."
"Hazelnut spread," Applejack read off the label. "Ah dunno..."
"Trust me. You will love it."
Applejack took the jar and spread it thickly.
"Not like that! The crepes are delicate, and must be treated with care!"
"This ain't breakfast," Applejack grumbled as she returned the knife to the jar with a bit more force than was strictly necessary. "Breakfast is fast, easy, and it's got no rules."
As much as Rarity tried to suppress her feelings, this actually hurt her. She had spent quite a bit of time on this, making sure she had everything she needed to make their weekend breakfast special, and Applejack didn't seem to appreciate any of it. The frown that crossed her face was real, no teasing this time.
Applejack realized she had crossed a line. "Rarity, Ah didn't..."
"No," Rarity said firmly. "Just eat the way you like, then."
Applejack got up, walked around the table, and gently wrapped her forelegs around Rarity, who merely sat there and didn't return the gesture.
"Your simple offerings of affection won't help you this time," Rarity said stiffly, bringing up a hoof to try and loosen Applejack's hold.
"But Ah like affection," Applejack protested, still continuing to press up against her.
"Can't say I feel the same right now," Rarity mumbled, but she stopped trying to push Applejack away.
Applejack progressed to nuzzling her under the chin, just the way she liked it. "Look, Rarity, Ah didn't mean nothin' by it. It's just... at my house, when it's breakfast time, we're fightin' for pancakes and hashbrowns and scrambled eggs and everythin', and Ah guess that's what Ah was thinkin'. Your world's a bit different, and Ah'm still findin' my way." She grinned. "Kindof like our first dinner together, right?"
"Oh, don't remind me," Rarity said, finally cracking a smile. "Chasing the waiter down for your salad fork back? They're supposed to take it."
"Ah swear, Ah saw more silverware that night than my whole family has," Applejack grinned. "But you know, it's not the dinner Ah liked so much."
"Really?"
"It was spendin' time with you. Ah didn't want nothin' fancy for breakfast this morning; Ah just wanted an excuse to stay here."
Rarity rolled her eyes, but finally returned the hug. "Thanks, Applejack," she said.
"That means Ah'm forgiven, right?" Applejack asked hopefully.
"We'll see," Rarity said, giving her a gentle kiss on the tip of her nose. "First, though, try this." Without releasing Applejack, she lit her horn and lifted another crepe. She spread the hazelnut spread on it, added a strawberry and cinnamon sugar, and rolled it up. "Now, eat the crepe the way it is supposed to be eaten."
Applejack took a bite of the offered crepe, and her eyes widened.
"Rarity?" she said softly.
"Yes, Applejack?"
"This is delicious."

New prompt: silk

So is there like a story or something that's a collection of all these prompts? Because I didn't see one, and I would hate to reuse a prompt.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 456