Twishy 1,121 members · 504 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
GjallarFox
Group Admin

Good eeveening, gentélmon.

It's time for the contest to come to a close, because only 2 people entered.

cealdra with Repairing Rifts
Nightroad with That Familiar Pain

And the winner of the Twishy group's first contest is:

Nightroad. It came down to a simple factor of grammar. Both stories had excellent ideas behind them and were significantly different from anything I've read, but the grammar behind it was significantly better in Nightroad's fic.

Now, seeing as he won, his other prize is being able to choose the prompt for the July Contest, which I will definitely be around for. Sorry no June contest. I have a Grammar Nazi conference to go to to edit the crap out of a 100000 word document and possibly earn a promotion for it. I'll be rather busy in the back half of June, so I can't run it.

This has been fun, but next time I want to see more stories. A dozen signed up, 2 followed through. Depressing odds, don't you think?

<3 DarqFox

Well, now that my schedule has opened up considerably, I will be able to enter the next one. :pinkiesmile:

1098682 You weren't counting my 'maybe' as a sign-up, I hope?

Good luck with your grueling editing run. Hopefully I can manage something for the July contest when you get back.

....How in the fuzz did I miss this thread when I was on earlier? :rainbowderp:

Anyways...Thank you for uh...giving me the Internet? Wasn't aware that it was gift-able like that :moustache:

Though now that it's over....I am curious to know what factors you used in your judgement. If I won on grammar alone, I'd like to know how and/or where I could improve :twilightsmile:

I'll get back to you on that prompt for July when I can think of one...also, since I won this one, does that mean I can't enter the next one? :rainbowlaugh:

Anyways, good look with your Grammar Nazi stuffs :raritywink:

Also, ColdGoldLazarus? I love your profile picture :heart:

GjallarFox
Group Admin

Nope.

</3 DarqFox

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5