The Lunaverse 2,571 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 123 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 123

This isn't meant to be taken seriously, but it occurred to me that there's a lot of shipping in the M!Brony community, and I can't help but wonder what there would be for the Lunaverse. Lyra/Bon-Bon would be a given, but how would people misinterpret the interactions between the other characters?

Raindrops/Trixie? Carrot/Ditzy?

...Cheerilee/Big Mac?

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

It's for the side casts, but I've already dropped a Flutter/Dash reference in GOtL. Partly because I figured L!Bronies would probably think that way. There's another ship that GOtL would probably inspire, but I can't say right now, SPOILERS.

You're definitely forgetting the obligatory, Trixie/Twilight, I don't think their traded roles could stop that ship. After, CToL, a weird part of me is calling for some Carrot/Angel, and a really weird part of me wants some Raritop.

Trixie/Luna is an absolute must, and sad as it may be there would probably be L!Bronies pushing Twilight/Corona. Some Spike/Zecora would likely also be in line.

318501 Actually, that makes a lot of sense!

I mean, from a subjective viewpoint; I can see others doing that stuff.

And I can see that whole thing about the keeping promises from Boast Busted and a lot of GOtL being taken out of context for Raindrops/Trixie.

:rainbowderp:

Oh no. Must not let my shipper side take over... why did I post this thread...
Okay, you've been saved from a cascade of stupid RainTrixie stuff.
...for now.

...FlutterDash seems likely.
Maybe Carrotdrops.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

God Twixie would be so much more awkward than in M!Equestria....

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Well, I myself suggested Ditzy/Trixie at one point, seeing as how Trixie probably has the best relationship with her over the other Luna-6 -

HOLY HELL WE HAVE A HUNDRED AND TWO MEMBERS I MISSED THAT EARLIER BUT NOW I HAVEN'T.

MORE THAN A HUNDRED MEMBERS! WOO!

So anyway, Ditzy/Trixie. Though Trixie as the "main character" would get shipped with everypony.

Raindrops/Rainbow Dash would happen as well, but then Dash is already shipped with everything and the kitchen sink. Literally.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

True about Dash.

Which makes me wounder, sure Trixie would get a lot of ships just like M!Twilight does, but who's the L! equivalent to Dash's and-the-kitchen-sink-style shipping?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Hmm...dunno, actually. Might actually be Trixie.

And Pokey is, or should be, the BigMac/Spike equivalent of a mare magnet for the Lunaverse.

Might be because a friend of mine who got me hooked on Castle, but I'm already expecting someone to come up with a snarky battle of wits between Trixie and her new secretary (who apparently has piercing remarks).

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Well, Trixie has got Dash's dramatic flair and self-promoting ego, plus with her hat and cape she's got a visual cue equivalent to Dash's colors. Still, she's kind of short on the endearing qualities side.

I could see Ditzy getting a lot of sympathy ships. She's lived a rough life and L!Bronies would probably take a lot of effort to fix that, but that would probably all be deep and meaningful stuff, not the kind of randomness Dash gets.

Carrot Top, maybe, but probably not. Lyra's already got a steady. Raindrops? Ha-hahaha-haha, no! How about Cheerilee? She's got minimal social life and seems ripe for fics about fans having her desperately struggling to find a man, any man, or just plain anything to fill that empty void.

:duck::trixieshiftright::trollestia:

Social emotional void. Seriously, what is with you people?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

For some reason, your mentioning Castle now has Pokey Pierce voiced by Nathan Fillion in my head...

...or, I guess I mean to say it now has Pokey voiced by Mal Reynolds, since I don't watch Castle but do own Firefly and Serenity.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

MaD will probably inspire one or two ships, but I guess I'll write more about that once the time comes. :-)

I can see a lot of hurt/comfort shipping involving Ditzy.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

318564 I agree, it should be Cheerilee who get shipped with everypony. She's practically an anime 'Christmas Cake' teacher :derpytongue2:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

You know, I've watched anime for years, but it wasn't until I was watching the EverfreeRadio review for Hearts and Hooves Day that I ever heard the term 'Christmas Cake'. Why is it that I've learned so much more about the world around me because of my love for a show about colorful equines than half the other shows I've ever watched combined?

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

318876 No idea :derpytongue2: I knew that term from... Lucky Star I think? Or maybe with Azumanga Daioh.

Cheerilee, Nyamo, same fight. We need someone to do fanart of both drinking together :rainbowlaugh:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Actually despite asking the question, I already knew the answer. With just about every other show I've ever watched I was always pretty isolated. I watched those shows, but paid little or no attention to other fans. I got pretty heavy into Transformers during the Beast Wars era, but that was in the more nascent days of the Internet before cross referential memes were something of the norm for on-line communities. So while I gained a very deep and thorough appreciation for the broader TF mythos, it didn't really do anything to expand my horizons on non-related topics.

Being a bronie though, that has opened my eyes to so many things that I just never paid attention to before. Things that would have always existed just outside my admittedly narrow interest in the larger world around me. I might be a pretty open minded guy capable of enjoying many different things, but left entirely to my own devices, I rarely seek out new stuff.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

After my fic a Carrotshy ship may exist. Maybe a Flutterdoo ship with Ditzy? Carrot Top can probably be shipped with every other secondary character :p its L6 ships I find it harder to come up with. The only pair I feel works well is Raindrops and Trixie :trixieshiftleft:

318884 What? :twilightblush:

Cheerilee could always be shipped with Heavy Roller.

318897 Maybe I just need to get my mind out of the gutter, but I'm not too familiar with that anime so I wouldn't know for sure. But the name, combined with the rather sordid reputation Anime has for me, It seemed slightly... odd.

Dash was shipped with a kitchen sink? Who did that?

*Futilely attempts to hide large pegasus+sink-sized shipping container before anyone notices the muffled noises emanating from it*

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

318902 'Christmas Cake' is an expression that designate a 26 years old single female. It refers to how, after december 25, no one wants to buy a Christmas Cake and they all end up on sale... and the japanese traditional view is that women should be married after 25.

Here, check out TV tropes for more.

318985 oooohhh... Welp, I feel stupid and somewhat dirty now. :twilightblush:

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

I'd like to see some romance fics in the Lunaverse... I don't trust myself with writing one though.

318989 Hahah no problem.

319008 Hmm, romance fics...

I'm trying really hard not to give into the temptation.

319008>>319014 Dangit, I failed. Sorta.

Basic Baseless Assumptions: A Lunaverse fic, probably won't make it into the canon. Raindrops begins acting more irritable than usual, particularly towards Trixie, and Lyra and Bon-Bon are only too eager to start making theories based off of... personal experience.

Blackbelt
Group Contributor

Here's an idea: The group is gathered for lunch/dinner/sleepover, and somehow the topic shifts to first dates/crushes/romance stuff.

Commence funny/tearjerking/heartwarming tales.

319091 You should put that up on the Brainstorming thread!

...But-the-Kitchen-Sink
a shipping story where RD does get shipped with a kitchen sink

319335 Someone already wrote that for the M!verse

I know. I was pointing it out to Crisis.

Completely random shipping idea:
Each of the L6(aside from Cherilee), unknown to any of the others tries to set Cherilee up with someone for Hearts and Hooves Day.

Or Cherilee gets hit by a variant of the Want it/Need it spell to get shipped with everybody at the same time:twilightoops:

318501 Because I'm thick, I have no idea what the other hinted pairing from GOtL may be, and because I'm hopeless, I really wanna know now. :duck:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Gilda-drops of course, Bronies are wierd that way. :twilightoops:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Yeah, that was about my thought possess the moment I figured it out.

I wounder if it is sad that a part of me really wants to actually see someone write that as a non-canon crack-pairings ship-fic. Worse still, that part of me would likely also consider inspiring such thing as my greatest contribution to the Lunaverse. Short of actual artwork of a scene from one of my fics or someone recording Twilight's "villain" song to post on Youtube, it just might be the greatest gift any fan of my work could give me.

Hm. Twilight/Reading matter even worse than in canonManeverse.

"Mmmm. :twilightsheepish:Delicate cotton rag paper, intricate stitching... endpapers marbled without magic... You dirty girl...:twilightsmile: Oh, what's this? Someone's written in your margins? You've been cheating on me?:twilightoops:"

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

That could be...really awkward for Cheerilee. In either case.

Hmm...I have no immediately pressing stories planned for after "Hands," so I might try my hand at a non-canon shipping fic. Mostly because I've never done it before.

Not necessarily any of the ones here, though.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

The grandmaster and supreme overlord of all things Lunaverse writing a non-canon fic. What madness is this? :pinkiecrazy:

Nah, actually I get it entirely. Some times it's fun to just step back and do wacky stuff with our own work. I got a totally non-canon alt-ending for GOtL that I might write some day. It's not the above mentioned crack-ship, or any ship, just a completely over the top and somewhat wacky spin on how everything finally went down.

I know. I felt horrible for coming up with either of those ideas. The sheer amount of awkwardness might cause the universe to explode (twice)

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Awkward ships are best ships. :twilightsheepish:

Stupid idea for no reason: Trixie/Pokey. My only justification was that I thought of this at 5 AM and it's because they're both blue with silver hair. :ajbemused:

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

It's actually been suggested in the past for the mane universe, or else that they're related.

Which is really kind of awkward...

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

As of Carrot Top Season I think any L!Bronies would ship Berry Punch with Carrot Top :derpytongue2:

Berry Top or Carrot Punch as ship name?

Blackbelt
Group Contributor

Carrot Punch, so you can say it like CAPTAIN FALCON would.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

On the other hand, Berry Top amusingly suggests the...arrangement...of the two when they get intimate...

Blackbelt
Group Contributor

....yeah, Berry totally would be the dominant one.....

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

Also the L!Bronies would write about Lyra cheating on Bon Bon with Octavia ( stupid bronies :fluttercry:) and turn the Octavia-Greengrass relationship into some sort of abusive love story! :fluttershyouch:

341322 'Carrot Punch!' would be the name of a very famous fic, featured on Night Court Report, that popularized the ship. It wouldn't be the first one but is generally the golden (harvest) standard. :pinkiecrazy:

341333 'berry top' would be the official canon name of the ship just for that joke :derpytongue2:

There follows a crack pairing of Berry with a falcon.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

347773 I'd feel bad to see Carrot Top in hurt/comfort fic :fluttershysad:, I would think Applejack would be the more obvious target of those.

And don't you mean Fluttertop would make Dash jealous? :p

Not necessarily relevant, but been on my mind for a while:

Anyone else thinks that Flutterships could be potentially awkward ships in Lunaverse, because Fluttershy is from a rich family? As in, wouldn't there be some possibility for "marry for money" thoughts if it were to be found out by someponies? Would AJ for example invoke FlutterMac ideas if she found out?

Or, if Flutters' secret wealth were to be exposed in general public and suddenly suitors and opportunists would line up by the poor animal caretaker's front door, trying to.exploit her lack of assertiveness as a pathway for cash.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 123