RariDash 993 members · 363 stories
Comments ( 111 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 111
Cynewulf
Group Admin

I'm starting a thread

Thread started!

Now that it's here, Social Thread! Come say hi and tell us a bit 'bout yourself. I'll go first

Hi, I'm Cynewulf! I is your faithful nonfounder dude who has a little edit button next to the group. I've written... well. A lot of the stories in our folders. OTP! For good or ill, I've specialized in my pairings.

I'm YayFlutters, and though I like most Mane 6 x Mane 6, there are two that I don't like, :yay::rainbowkiss: and :twilightsmile::rainbowkiss:. I plan to write about all of them and maybe those two as well, but it's unlikely. I focus mostly on TwiShy, though I've been slacking off lately and haven't updated in a little over a month.

RazedRainbow
Group Admin

I'm RazedRainbow, and I'm an alcoholic.

What's that? Not one of those social threads? Oh, okay.

I created this group. Been a RariDasher most of my time in this fandom. Somehow, my RariDash fic, Third Time's a Charm, is the most-popular RariDash fic out there. Not the best, no not by a long shot, but hey, if it's bringing more people over to the RariDash way of life, I'm okay.

Comment posted by MellowMabari deleted Jul 24th, 2020

Hellooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm the autistic nut who comes up with some pretty stupid ideas that shouldn't work, and somehow a couple of people actually like them! You can find my complete 'almost' 60k RariDash fic at Crystals Grow on Rainbows.

I also do RariJackDash for a OT3, courtesy of Jake to really get me into the poly ship. On dA, I randomly post screenshots that seem to be pretty highly suggestive of RariDash action, and I more or less derp around everywhere I go.

Did I miss anything? :raritywink::rainbowwild:

Cynewulf
Group Admin

813005 I saw that! Good luck!

813112 The best side there is!

813150 Multishipping is fun! Also, wow, I didn't know you had a fic that had that many views. Sounds kinna fun! I might read it

Hey i am sure you all know me as the guy who pops up every time someone says anything negative about pinkie and or applejack.:rainbowlaugh: i like all ships especially this one i just like them together. i don't know why i just think Dash would shamelessly flirt with Rarity and Rarity would get mad but secretly she likes it.:rainbowkiss::raritywink: the only ships i don't like is twixie and most fluttershy ships.:scootangel:

Hey all, I go by Midnight Herald, and I'm a ship-happy nutjob. I first got into the whole RariDash thing by way of Gardez's Salvation(The shortened version he submitted for Kits' shipping contest), and I haven't looked back since. The way I see it, they're both dreamers and therefore a nice pairing, with enough differences in ideals to fill my angst-quota. I love all things RariDash, and although I'm loath to commit to any OTP, it's a contender for my favorite pairing.
Can't think of anything else to put here, so I'll shut up.

-"Hey there, Rarity. Just thought I'd drop by to say hello." *wink *wink

Comment posted by MellowMabari deleted Jul 24th, 2020
Cynewulf
Group Admin

813697 As anyone will tell you, I adore Salvation to the point of having reread it like four times. (I like to reread!) Gosh I love it.

High Flight! To slip the surly bonds of earth and touch the face of god! Gosh I'll never hear that poem in my head the same way again.

813828 Yes.

Comment posted by rainbowdash6000 deleted Mar 26th, 2013
Comment posted by rainbowdash6000 deleted Mar 26th, 2013

>> Cynewulf

hey im RainbowDash6000. I just joined and well I LOVE Raridash fics. :rainbowkiss::heart::duck:. oh and I'd like for some advice on my first fic if you could possibly help me out with it. :pinkiehappy:

Raridash ftw. That's all.

Comment posted by rainbowdash6000 deleted Mar 27th, 2013

YOU KNOW WHAT I DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ME SO GO AHEAD SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY I DONT CARE!:flutterrage::twilightangry2:

I'm Redthir Jerdisheim, a blob of excellent but nonsense-making thinking.

Hey everyone! I'm new to the world of intra-mane six shipping!
Thought I'd join this group to challenge myself into writing stories involving two of the mane six being...involved...with each other.

And I thought RariDash would be perfect because my upcoming ship fic involves those two.

:rainbowkiss::raritywink:

1686906 working on your Raridash Project or are other stories taking priorty?

1687208 What does the membership numbers have to do with it? I'm a little fuzzy on the whole anthology thing. I saw that thread, but didn't really get it.

1687270 Huh. Do they all have to fall under the same universe and be canon with each other, or are these just a series of completly seperate stories? Are only specific people doing this or is it a free-for-all deal? I reeally should go back and read the thread again, and I will. I don't know why I was so fuzzy on it. Might have been real late when I last saw it, I think.

That has a 1000-word mimimum for each entry, right? Anyway do you have a favorite character? In MLP I mean. When I first started watching the show it was immediatly Pinkie Pie, but after I watched a good portion it became Fluttershy and stayed that way to the last episode. Wanting to be kind to others is just something I really respect. Pinkie Pie kinda became my favorite character again though after I finished all the episodes and started getting into reading fanfiction. To be honest, due to Pinkie Pie's motivations for her cutie mark, I don't think Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy are very different in the realm of "being nice", actually Pinkie Pie might have the kinder heart, since some of Fluttershy's kindness might be out of mild-mannerism and shyness, but I don't want to sell her kindness short either. I like all of the mane six, though, and if I favor any it isn't by much. Rarishy was my favorite shipping concept before I started reading fanfiction, then I fell in love with Twipie. [c]

I like ALL FIFTEEN mane six pairings, though, and I tend to be attracted to stories that feature a pairing that I think would be difficult to pull off convincingly. Despite some pairings (Like AppleDash) Making "absolute sense", I don't really see any pairing as "canon"--for one thing, no matter how "right for each other" two characters look in the canon, the same is also true in friendshipping them intead. I love romance stories, though. Well, certain ones. I could either love or hate them depending on the story. :/ I also like stories that ship characters of the mane six together that aren't seen interacting much because the mane six are all supposed to be "close friends", yet the canon hasn't yet SHOWN all of them to be close. I guess it's up to fanfiction authors to show them beiing close.[e]

1687882 Rarity's cool. When I first started watching the show, I thought I was going to hate the character. At first glance, she just seems like the type of character I can't stand. But the mane six have a way of presenting themselves as certain stereotypes, and turning those stereotypes on their head. The kind of character I originally took Rarity for, would not have gotten along with Rarity. A materialistic, snobbish person obsessed with popularity and glamor is ussually FAR from generous and selfless, while you'll never see Rarity engage in popular-clique-girl type bullying. She's shown herself to have a weakness for greed and her obsession with popularity among high society once caused her to place herself above a friend--direct violations of her element, but this just shows that she's a rounded character with flaws rather than a two-dimensional, simplistic character, and her good traits are stronger than her faults.:raritywink:

Not explicitly shipping, but still cute:

(Source)

And, dare I not forget. Those must be some comfy fabric rolls:

(Source)

It isn't the comfort of the location, it is the forbidden nature. Illicit naps are the best naps.

This is probably my second favorite ship following Twidash. I don't know why I like how Rarity and Dash work together, but for some reason I do.

I might write another something on these two before the month is out :twilightsmile:

Looks like she finally got revenge on Rarity for putting her in that stupid outfit;

Funnily enough, Rarity made her put on another stupid outfit in Equestria Girls.

Continuity!

Hi! I'm Twinkletail! Raridash isn't my favorite ship (that position belongs to Appleshy), but it's still a nice one!

RazedRainbow
Group Admin

Welcome :pinkiehappy:

Heh, I can't say much about Appleshy. Cloudy Skies' Where Earth Meets Sky is the only Appleshy fic I've read. However that was a great one, so I'm not sure why I haven't read more (maybe I'll yours to the ol' read later list).

Hopefully I am not being rude by typing here at this time. (Or having posted in another thread before introductions)

Good day. :twilightsmile:

The name is Prompted-by-Raridash, partly thanks to the prompt game on this forum, though that is tentative as of now. I am mainly a Raridash shipper, though I also have Applespark as a runner up for OTP. I will write other non-shipping pony stuff (Or try to do so), but most of the fics that I write will involve the former.

Hello! (Not sure if this thread is still alive or not, since I'm new to FimFiction...) :twilightblush:

The name's StormZero. I write, but I don't think I could ever write some fiction for MLP or Raridash because I feel like I can never get there character's right... So I'll just settle for reading. :twilightsheepish:

Nice to meet you'll! (Now back to homework...)

You're most welcome! I can honestly say, that your story was an excellent read! (I was actually thinking of writing what goes on behind the scenes between them, but you nailed it perfectly!)

:rainbowlaugh: I was laughing hysterically at the "SWEETIE BELLE, INTO THE PANIC ROOM!" (I don't think this is the ideal place to ... "review" your story, sorry. :facehoof:)

:scootangel:

(I don't think I "replied" correctly, or else your username would've showed up, not numbers...)

2816695 You did it right. If you reload the page his name should show up.

I see that now! Thank you :D

2816728 You got it bro! :pinkiehappy:

Since we are merging all of the threads together, and I like that idea, I'd like to get the ball rolling.

Chemistry and daily conversations of Rarity and Dash

I'm a bias person, so please, feel free to say I am completely wrong.

How do you all think they would talk to each other once they got into a dating or from what I would assume most of us would think intimate sexual relationship?

I must admit that Ardensfax's Bluebird's Song and many other fanfictions have broken me toward Rainbow having an extremely soft and emotional side once you break down all of her barriers and walls she puts up toward her ego. I absolutely see those coming down when she's with Rarity and attempting to do things that are truly romantic and bonding, and that excludes the candles and the bedroom. I'm sure that would be extremely alluring to Rarity to see that side of Rainbow.

But this is more just that. I'm talking casual conversation, and public. I can't see either of them even attempting to hide the relationship. I've always rolled with Rainbow as being confident with her sexuality - although I always see her as bisexual no matter what - and Rarity simply hangs around the crowd that doesn't care, and she would want to admit it, as much as Rainbow might drive her up the walls at times. And speaking of that...

I personally think they would attempt to one up each other in conversations. About everything. A constant verbal grudge match. It's far more than just the competitiveness of Rainbow and Applejack. It's more about one liners, quips, flirting, undertones, sarcasm, jabs at each others interests, and any attempt to get at each other's nerves simply to test each other and for the laughs. Rainbow I'm sure could inject a bunch of semi-vulgar sexual undertones that would make Rarity wince. And we don't even have to start on how seductive Rarity could be to turn Rainbow into a sputtering wreak in public.

I've been a massive fan of the couple since last summer, and just the dialogue between them, at least in a T setting, is priceless. At least to me. I might be more perverted than all of you.

"Oh just ignore her, she's just a bit nippy from what I've done to her today."
"Or what you haven't done..."
"My point still stands valid."

You'll see more examples from me when my story comes in. Chapter one is done completely.

2820252 Personally, I like to write Rarity as the alpha in the relationship. I've always felt that Rainbow is a very insecure character, which is why she needs constant positive reinforcement lest she spiral into panic and borderline stupidity (Sonic Rainboom, Mysterious Mare Do Well, etc.) So she has this huge facade of bravado up all the time, but Rarity sees right through it. Rather than get defensive or upset about it, I like to think that Rainbow accepts that Rarity knows her as well as she does, and instead indulges that side of herself.

This picture sums up my feelings on the ship pretty well:

It's definitely one of the sauciest ships available, as you said, which can be a lot of fun to write, as well.

I haven't figured out what I want to write for the new contest yet, but I'll come up with something soon, I'm sure. Gotta defend my title, after all.

2820585 I think that the biggest appeals to me about writing Twilight - and I do mean Twilight here - and Rainbow is that they have such an incredible range to where you can put them and make them believable. Rarity is just fun for me to write in general, since she's such a large ham and the kind of quips and one liners you can get from her are just priceless.

Rainbow I always see as having a constant eternal internal battle with who she is and what she wants to project, and it makes fantastic writing. You can make her ultra cute, sarcastic, insecure, even a bit snide. She has massive range, and that could be why so many authors love to use her. Including myself.

But I absolutely agree with you. Rarity is the one who can constantly keep Rainbow's internal doubts about her inner beauty away. I'm also a fan of Rainbow helping to teach Rarity to relax a bit and just enjoy the casual and off times in life. Just don't do anything and be lazy for once and see how good it feels. Let go for once.

Maybe I'm just a fan of a confident and boastful exterior of Rainbow who then gets really soft once you break her shell. And maybe I've watched too much Archer for my own good and see far too much of Sterling inside of Rainbow. I'm awful like that. Maybe I just think the chaotic chemistry between them when pushed a bit farther than G is just priceless.

I also like how you and I both use Rares as a nickname. So true. Just like I slightly struggle with Rarity calling Rainbow Dashie. I usually use Dashie dear. Sounds more... Rarity.

I was shocked in your contest story you made Rainbow say fuck three times. And that's coming from a person who is way up there in swearing-per-word count gauge for a story. Not that I mind. I find swearing ponies when aptly used - otherwise known as not my main stories - to be awesome. And British swearing Rarity is best Rarity. Ardensfax is god, and so his will is law.

And we both agree their sex life and flirting is like... yes. You, me, on the same page.

Infinite loves~

2820693 In the original draft she said "Buck", but Hoof shot that down because it just sounded too silly for how dramatic the scene was. (Also because I think he just hates the cutesy poni-swearing.) But yeah, Ultimately I felt that he was right and slapped a language warning on the long scrip. I feel like it worked pretty well.

And yes, Rares is a great nickname. I agree that Rarity would not call Rainbow 'Dashie', though Dashie Dear seems believable to me. The only characters I like calling Rainbow 'Dashie' are Pinkie, Fluttershy, and sometimes AJ, but only if it's an Appledash fic, and even then it only works sometimes.

2821173 I rotate the two, with fuck being pretty much a mega buck and save that impact for when the f bomb is needed. Still, I think you used it well. If any of the mane six swear, it's Rainbow Dash, followed by Applejack. I just make Rarity be British, because it's hot, and it fits her. Despite ponies not bleeding during estrus. "This bloody sewing machine should be damned to Tartarus and have its entrails eviscerated!" I'd tap that.

If we are talking about nicknames, I freakin' adore Rares. We just said that, but it deserves confirmation. Wonder who was the founder of it. Who cares. I notice Rarity says Rainbow's full name the most, but yeah, Dashie by itself doesn't sound right eighty percent of the time. Maybe if Rarity's being defensive about her.

"Stay away from my Dashie! She's mine I tell you!"
"I can defend my-"
"Hush now, Dashie dear, Rarity has it taken care of for you."

Regardless, Dashie dear I can easily see. Sweetie of course. Dear. Love. Darling, which she says to everyone really.

Tchernobog and I talked about this. Applejack would never hit the ie part. It isn't her. Which is why - and apparently he seems he agrees I might be the first? - I use Dasha for her. Pinkie is canon, and Fluttershy is canon but I would not see her using it often. Twilight I think is too respective to do that, maybe expect in ultra romantic and intimate moments. Full moon on the lake, candles, etc. And when Twilight and Rainbow rut. Then the Dashie can come out very often.

2821233 I'd tap that too. Best Pony is 2hot4me2resist. Doubly so in Nightmare form. Rawr.

Rares is definitely the ultimate nickname for Rarity, at least from AJ or Rainbow's mouths. I don't think I'd have Pinkie, Twi, or Fluttershy call her that, but it's perfect for Dash and AJ.

Dasha seems... kinda weird to me. I'll reserve judgment until I see it in context.

2821442 I just find her hot swearing in British like some BBC college girl caught drunk at the pub. She's hot like that. I can't help what I like.

I just have Rainbow call Twilight Twi'. Fluttershy Flutters' or 'Shy. Pinkie Pinks, even though I have AJ do that too, and Applejack... Apple... jack.

2821459 I LOVE having AJ and Dash call Pinkie 'Pinks'. That's a phenomenal pet name.

2821492 :pinkiehappy: WHY ARE WE SO ALIKE!? My main epic saga does that.

2821498 We should probably be best friends.

Also, I need to read your stuff, as I haven't yet >_> I'll get on that.

I hope you like comments, because I tend to leave a lot of them.

2821537 Well not quite. You're a massive Pinkie shipper. I simply see her as too insane/not committing to be with anyone other than Rainbow stably. And rare/jack is my enemy. I don't get Apple/Pie. But hey, no one is a clone. However it's thanks to Razed I'm so into Rare/Dash. Twi/Dash thug for life.

I will murder you for finding Twi/Jack so bad. You just find them boring because they are stable.

Oh! I have Pinkie call Applejack Jackie. Can't quite see Dash do that most of the time. Topic derailment complete?

I love comments. I can't believe my main story got so many. It's an honor to make people laugh and happy. Be warned though, E.E.E is very immature, and stretches their personalities to the R rated comedy extremes. But it does have Rare/Dash.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 111