Dark 3,770 members · 8,363 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

So, since my previous post, favorite horror movies, went so well, I thought I'd make a follow up thread, aksing this instead:

What's your favorite horror game? If you've ever played one, that is.

For me, it's Silent Hill 2. Not because I think it's scary(though it still manages to creep me out), but because of the brilliant story, the well-written characters and the amazing symbolism and hidden meanings. I love the entire franchise as a whole, even the bad less-liked ones like Homecoming. Not a great game, but I honestly had fun with it.

And let's not forget the music of Silent Hill. My god, what beautiful music. The theme of SH2 is probably my favorite video game theme of all time.

I just love Silent Hill 2 to death. It's not just a game, it's a piece of art. A tragic love story, a macabre love letter to a broken man with no hope. It's equally parts disturbing as it is beautiful, and in my opinion, one of the best games ever made. Period.

I could go on for hours about this game, but this thread isn't about that, it's about your favorite horror games, so let's hear it!

I would have to say the amnesia games

Amnesia, Fatal Frame, Resident Evil 4.

Alien Isolation or Dead Space. Unsure

Rule of Rose for PlayStation 2 is pretty terrifying. But it's rare, expensive, and not all that fun to play -- quite a bit of its design feels incomplete and messy.

So I would recommend Fatal Frame II, also for PS2.

STALKER in all its buggy glory. I got to be a veteran of the Zone by the third one, but the first game scared me witless and I still played it endlessly in the dark.

:applejackunsure:

Good choices, all of you :twilightsmile: Although I've never played Amnesia myself, I've seen several playthroughs of it, and there's no denying that it, much like Resident Evil 4, inspired a new kind of horror into gaming.
Rule of Rose? Can't say I've ever heard of it, care to elaborate on it? :twilightsheepish:

Oh, I love STALKER! So much so that I've done a few cosplays of it, and plan on doing more later on.

Have you read *roadside Picnic*? I've read it twice.

I think Fluttershy would make a great STALKER but I've never gotten around to the story.

Rule of Rose is deliberately disgusting in its presentation. Within the first hour, your timid main character witnesses children beating a dog they captured with sticks after tying it in a bag, your character is buried alive by creepy children wearing masks, and you cut down the beaten dog from where he was tied to a ceiling.

The running theme of the game is childhood cruelty. Your character is an adult woman utterly terrified of the knee-high monsters she must face as she and her new dog friend try to escape someone merely known as the Mad Dog. It's confusing and scary and I love it.

...except for the controls. The controls are poo.

Haunting Ground and Sanity's Requiem are my two bids.

Silent hill, Pathologic, Parasite Eve, Martian Gothic: Unification.

SCP - Contaiment Breach v1.3.11

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S IS MY FAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16