Queen Chrysalis's Changeling Swarm 3,961 members · 2,759 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

So we all know the story of the Canterlot Wedding but what if there was a little more going on behind the scenes. Lets say Chrysalis got pregnant with Shining Armors kid and gave birth at some point in-between when she is defeated at the end of a Canterlot Wedding in season 2 and her return in To Where and Back Again in season 6.

After Chrysalis is defeated once again and they have the award ceremony for Starlight and the others in Celestial Advice (season 7 opening) wouldn't it be interesting if the new leader of the changelings Thorax dropped the bombshell on Shining Armor and Cadence.

What would Shining and Cadence do, would they reject or embrace the new child?

What would Chrysalis do, would she even care or would she burn the world to ash to get her child back?

If anyone wants to make a story about this go for it and if anyone knows of a story like this already in existence please let me know.

What would Shining and Cadence do, would they reject or embrace the new child?

They'd embrace the kid and love them as their own, if the kid was in fact thrown to them: It's that kind of show. That being said I don't see why Thorax would necessarily do such a thing - the kid would have already had some formative years in the Hive, surely. I suppose it depends a little bit on how much time passes between Season 2's finale and Season 6. I'm inclined to say that it's only a couple years, so the little bugger is probably only around one or two years old, depending on gestation time for a pony-changeling hybrid (presuming that it is a hybrid and not a true changeling or pony).

What would Chrysalis do, would she even care or would she burn the world to ash to get her child back?

That's...hotly contested. On the one hand, Chrysalis never really seems to try too hard to become Queen of the Changelings again after losing the throne, instead wanting to conquer ponies. On the other hand she's clearly lost her marbles and by the time of Season 9 has actually started talking to changelings who aren't actually there. I think Chrysalis thinks that she's still Queen of the Changelings. She doesn't try to gain control of the Hive again because as far as she's concerned or even capable of perceiving, she thinks she is still in control of the Hive.

With regards to how she treated changelings, in the show at least Chrysalis is never shown to be abusive to changelings. Aside from Thorax - who was in the middle of actively betraying the changelings and thwarting her plans - the worst thing Chrysalis ever did to a changeling was remark that the bugs disguised as the Mane 6 and Spike looked ridiculous in those disguises, hardly all that abusive. Otherwise Chrysalis seems to continuously act in what she perceives to be the Hive's best interests. Her plan in Season 6, for example, was expressly supposed to feed her subjects for generations. And in equal fairness I don't think there's any reason to believe that Chrysalis knew that Reformation was possible. "Throw up on each other to stop being hungry all the time" is not exactly an intuitive leap of logic.

If we go to the comics Chrysalis is actually pretty jocular and casual with her subjects - it seems that as long as the fact that she's in control isn't tested she doesn't seem to mind a low degree of backtalk or questioning her plans, and she's even willing to joke with them. She did once throw a changeling into a volcano, but he was fine. Probably. And that story may not have even happened at all and wasn't actually being told by Chrysalis, but rather a changeling disguised as Chrysalis who might not have even been alive at the time seeing as it was centuries back.

But that also being said I think it can be fairly said that she doesn't particularly care about any individual changeling, she cares about the Swarm as a whole. I don't think she'd regard her kid with Shining Armor as any different than any other changeling.

If anyone wants to make a story about this go for it and if anyone knows of a story like this already in existence please let me know.

While not Chrysalis, there is a series of stories I'm aware of where Shining Armor and Cadance are indeed forced to adopt a changeling daughter of Shining Armor's by another changeling queen. It's...

...look I have opinions on it. The first story is good if flawed, the second story is fantastic. But the third story actually should never have happened (as in, "in order for us to even get out of chapter one not less than four characters need to make not less than four inexplicable, major mistakes no one would ever make", nevermind the problems with the rest of it), the fourth is the worst of the lot, and the fifth one, while it struggles to be good, let's just say it's appropriate that it ends with a literal train wreck.

Won't provide titles or the name of the author. Those who know, know. Those who don't, well, I won't stop you from digging but I'm not helping you find it either, and I advise against looking for it.

I like the input but the questions went really meant to be taken so literal. I have know doubt Shining Armor and Cadence would love the child if the this was a real situation and I'd imagine Chrysalis would be rather indifferent with the child.

As for why Thorax would be the one to do it, its quite simple politics. Chrysalis was there former queen who has left behind her child and now the current leader has to pick up the pieces.

If I had to guess I would assume the child would be either a pony or changeling. My reason being that the 3 pony tribes seem to work like genes more than anything else. Like how pound and pumpkin cake were born a Pegasus and Unicorn despite both parents being Earth Ponies I see no reason why it would change just because they go outside there species.

As for how much time would be between season 2 and 6 I'd say probably not much. In the episode "For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils" we see Sweetie Belle on her 5th birthday. Even if we say the show started a couple (maybe 2) years after this then the CMC would be around 7 in season 1. By the end of the show they are still in elementary (I say this because they still go to a school where they have recess) which puts them around 10 years old assuming its their last year. So roughly 3 years spread throughout 9 seasons.

The questions were for the off chance someone really wanted to make a story out of it. You know a way to get the ball rolling as it were.

but the questions went really meant to be taken so literal

So...they were rhetorical, or something? Because you asked the questions so I assumed that you wanted answers from people, not necessarily definitive ones, but just hearing what people had to say. I'm not saying that what I said is the One True Way, it's just my opinion throughout, and the reasoning behind it.

Sorry about that it was meant to be rhetorical I'm just not sure how to emphasis that in text. Although I wasn't looking for an answer I still enjoyed the one you gave me. Personally I love coming up with 'what if scenarios' and bouncing ideas with other people so this was really fun.

Are you familiar with the Shining and Chrysalis' Foal(s) group? And you should write what you want to write.

seeing as it was centuries back.

Was it? I assumed it was just before she started planning the wedding attack. Otherwise, where were they all that time?

I was not familiar with that group. I'll give them a shot thanks.

It's also a popular art subject; with artists often summarizing the character's backstory in the description.

Otherwise, where were they all that time?

Attacking and consuming other cities, I suppose. Again, though, there’s a fair bit of unreliable narrator in play, so it’s possible that it didn’t even happen at all.

I could see a comedy and a drama from this scenario.

The hidden princess of the Crystal Empire:
Imagine combining elements from Fresh Prince of Bel-air with MLP.

A Dr. Phil like episode in which Shining and Cadance are confronted with Chrysalis's daughter.

Hearing the Fresh Prince of Bel-air makes me feel nostalgic. I'd definitely read that story

The most clever twist for a behind-the-scene story of A Canterlot Wedding I've read is this one:

TRoyal Peanut Butter
Queen Chrysalis stalks the Princess of Love. Love, as ever, is complicated.
Darkstarling · 9.1k words  ·  514  22 · 5.2k views

There's also that pretty popular story in which Twilight turned out to be Chrysalis's changeling daughter:

TChange
Twilight Sparkle is not who she says she is, she doesn't really know WHAT she is...
tom117z · 148k words  ·  3,174  150 · 48k views

I'll definitely check out 'Change' never heard of it but it sounds interesting. Thanks.

There's youtube reading of it with very good quality if you prefer that. With sequel too.

I'll be saving that link thank you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16