The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,470 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

So this random thought popped in my head, it's stupid, makes no sense, but I thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who thinks it's stupid enough to be funny.

The premise of the story is fairly simple. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are tired of ruining and want to retire only after 500 years of ruling. However, they can't just up and leave since they don't have a successor and they don't trust anyone other than themselves to rule. So, the two come up with a genius solution, Equestria really only needs one queen, and it has two princesses.

Celestia plans to abdicate the throne to Luna, dumping all of her responsibilities on the nocturnal mare while Luna, in turn, plans to relinquish control to Celestia, which leads to a civil war of the two trying to force the other to become the sole ruler of Equestria. Celestia attempts to spread false information about herself to make herself seem incompetent, while Luna adopts the persona of Nightmare Moon and pretends to be overly evil, all the while, they feed the other side's army information so that they can fall more easily. In the end, Luna fakes her banishment and spreads rumors that Celestia sent her sister to the moon for a thousand years, while Luna enjoys a thousand year vacation on an island far away from Canterlot. Celestia continues forward with her attempts to look bad by falsifying history, "accidentally" forgetting to keep good records of history, and holding poor relationships with the other kingdoms that could be fixed with a year or two of good will, as Twilight would demonstrate later on. Of course, this all fails and leaves Celestia to search for her successor for the next thousand years.

It does make sense. Just slap on the Alternate Universe, Comedy and Random tags, and get writing. If you wrote that, it would make the Featured box on the front page, I'm telling you. Now write those horse words!! :trollestia::rainbowlaugh:

I love it. Not only would it make a weird amount of sense for two immortal sister princesses, but it reminds me of the couple's argument joke "No, I love you more!"

It actually seems like a pretty funny story premise. However, the sisters starting an outright civil war just to gain the upper hoof seems like a bit too much. It may still be present in the story if you’re going for an overall darker, cynical comedy, though be aware that it’s quite hard to pull it off well and keep the story’s tone consistent.

I suspect it would be more of a slap-fight civil war, given both side's leaders are trying their darnedest to lose. As a result, it could remain comical without too much darkness, as it gets reduced to one report after another of how, despite being set up to fail miserably, the troops valiantly snatch victory from the jaws of defeat... mostly because the other side manages to screw up even more somehow.

And, of course, the Princesses trying desperately *not* to scream in frustration when they accidentally actually win.

Heck, it actually would end up making sense that it ends up being relatively harmless, as each leader gives their troops absolute orders that under no circumstances are they supposed to seriously injure, let alone kill, their "misguided former brethren in arms." Thus explaining how it is that the Guard seems to have forgotten that their weapons have pointy ends!

That is hilarious! This idea may be genius. :pinkiehappy:

All was quiet in the Castle of the Two Sisters as Twilight Sparkle and her new friends slipped out of the decaying throne room in order to give Luna and Celestia a little private time together. Or at least until Celestia gave out a short giggle and jabbed her sister in the ribs.

"It worked perfectly," she cackled. "The light show, the setup, and Twilight doesn't suspect a thing! A week from now, I'll be in Rio Neigh Janeiro, sipping mixed drinks on the beach while you deal with Blueblood and his ilk."

"Ow." Luna rubbed the spot where her sister had just poked. "Look, sis. From what I've seen so far, it's going to take years of work before you can ditch the reins of rulership and dump this on me. You couldn't even keep the old castle in shape while I was gone."

Celestia waved a disparaging hoof. "Low bid maid service. Look, running Equestria is expensive. There's cake, and..." She thought for a long moment. "And a bunch of other stuff. Doesn't matter. I'm so out of here."

"If you leave," said Luna in her coldest voice. "I'll tell."

"What?!" Celestia backed up a step. "Twilight will go sparse. She'll track me down! You haven't seen her on a rip-roaring tear before."

And thus starting the tradition of using pies and other soft foods as projectiles in battle

This would be a fun comedy if done right.

Didn't they have a pie fight in one episode?
So a civil war could be civil and fun.

Connect-four anyone?
Fights resolved by popular board games, but not Monopony, that game has torn families apart!

Why do folks need a random tag, just write good comedy.

"Hallo, misguided brethren! I see you have been following the wrong princess and you smell of Elderberries!" The Solar guard said while his wide grin rivaled the golden gleam of his armor.

The Lunar guard yawned. It had been a long night. "What's that? I'm following the wrong princess? What's an Elderberry?"

"Someone is a big fan of Marety Ponython," One Lunar guard said.

Several other ponies joined the discussion.

The Solar Guard stomped his fore hooves to get attention. "Yes, yes! You need to be following her imperial highness, Celestia!"

The Lunar guard yawned again. "Okay, you'll need to sign form 5643-Reassign/Delta and I'll switch."

The Solar guard face hoofed. "Ugh, we're here to battle for the honor of our princess!"

The Lunar guard's eyes widened. "You mean fight? With pointy swords and all that? Dented armor and broken or dulled swords?"

"Um, yeah."

"Do you know how unpleasant that is, especially if you hit somepony! I can't stand the sight of blood. Especially mine."

At the mention of blood, the white coated guard turned a little green. "Um. We still need to battle?"

Silence descended on the two groups. The idea of fighting and being hurt was not well received. All tails and ears drooped.

Then one Lunar guard's ears and tails perked up! "I got it! We just got a copy of Alicorn of War for a Braystation! How about we each play a level? If you survive, you survive the battle. If you die on a level, you are a casualty. No blood and we don't have to fix our armor and swords."

The area was filled with the sound of applause, and of ponies getting chairs ready for battle.

And thus the first Solar/Lunar battle was begun.
Also Pony got more orders for their newest Braystation, but scalpers got the consoles first.

But that's another story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9