The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,500 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Here we are once again with another official discussion thread for the latest episode! Not too many of these left, really. This episode, the next two, then either a thread for a two parter and another for the finale, or maybe just one for all three, since they'll be on the same day...

This one, anyways, is by Nicole Dubuc and is called "Daring Doubt". Nicole's half of the Ponyville Mystery writing team, and had writing credits on School Daze/Raze and other things. You've seen stuff by her.

From the name, I'd assume this is a Daring Do episode, presumably the last. What if Daring Do actually is fictional, but the author somehow got transformed into Daring Do, and parts of the plots came to life, too. If Twilight found this out, you'd have a bit of a dilemma. Reversing the spell would be well and good, but would that be effectively killing Daring Do? And if you don't, what about JK Yearling?

Probably not what this is about, but you never know!

Anyways, this is the place for discussion!

--Sweetie Belle

What if Daring Do actually is fictional, but the author somehow got transformed into Daring Do, and parts of the plots came to life, too.

Now you see, if they had done it like this from the start, I might not have spent the last several years hating Daring Do episodes. Ah well, at least we got Quibble Pants out of it...

Haven't seen the leaked episode, but I do know what happens in it.

You guys are going to hate the twist at the end.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

:pinkiegasp:
How odd, I didn't mind it. Guess I am not one of the guys then.

We finally got Ahuizotl backstory and I love it!!!

Could you imagine someone writing a Harry Potter book saying that Draco was the hero and Potter was just a scaredy cat that lied about everything he did. Then that person publishes and sells that book. Then every Harry Potter fan complains to Rowling about her not telling the "real" story of Harry Potter.

That’s what we got in this episode. Not to mention ignoring that Ahuizotl threatened the world and stuff outside of his territory in the past.

Heh, the episode was pretty good in my opinion for Daring Do's/A.K. Yearling's last focus episode of the series :3 :rainbowkiss:

Smooth :ajsmug:

(I myself am a Harry Potter fan btw :raritywink:)

I'm guessing that novel isn't the only thing Caballeron and Daring Do are "co-authoring", if you know what I mean? :rainbowkiss:

That was a sex joke. I think...?

I don't read Harry Potter, but I get what you're saying.

I like to think that Ahuizotl was some sort of eco-terrorist, like the crazy mom in the recent Godzilla movie.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10