The Writers' Group 9,291 members · 56,386 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Two things:

!st and most important; Wrong group.

2nd; As long as they throw 99.9% of the previous films out the window and they reboot it, it might come out nicely. All that deserves to be kept from the previous festival of crap is Bumblebee himself (up to a certain point) and Peter Cullen as the voice of Optimus Prime (and get Welker for Megatron). This trailer kinda gives me a vibe that reminded me of Real Steel and perhaps a tiny dash of Logan. Good so far, but I won't get my hopes up until I see the final result.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

I know this is the wrong group

This really confuses me. Normally I assume that people post random things here because The Writers' Group is often used by users like it is general forum section of FimFic. And not as first rule says, "This group is dedicated to reading, writing, and ponies, so those topics are really what new threads should be about". I admit, it isn't strictly enforced but it is an actual rule.

But you say that you know it is wrong and did it anyway. I mean let's be honest, this thread won't be discussion about writing style, since we won't actually see it until actual movie is out. At best it will be just posts saying "hope it's better than all the previous movies".

6689854 Well, it does relate to writing, because we have to face the fact that most of the Transformers movies are thin facades of explosions and lazer fire with 'Buy our toys' attached to them. To see a Transformers movie that seems to have an actual plot more than "Blow up the bad guys" does make me more than a little interested in seeing it in theaters (which to be honest, I haven't done on any of the others)

As writers, we are faced with the constant dilemma of "Do I write a kind, thoughtful story about characters who truly have depth or do I blow things up?" A really good movie or book can make us realize that we are not limited to the 'or' when we can use 'and' :pinkiehappy:

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

I mean, you are not wrong. But I feel like your point would be a lot stronger if the movie was out or if the discussion was about Transformers movies in general. Right now it is just a video with nice sounding claims of a product we have yet to see. And well I'll be really happy if users beat my expectations of posts being more than just posting "hope it is good".

I admit, it isn't strictly enforced

It used to be, before SweetAI took over and toned it down. This group used to get a lot - and I mean a lot - more traffic and back then people posting superfluous off-topic stuff was a more serious problem.

To see a Transformers movie that seems to have an actual plot more than "Blow up the bad guys" does make me more than a little interested in seeing it in theaters (which to be honest, I haven't done on any of the others)

If we're honest, three at least had a bit more plot than normal, what with the whole Sentinel Prime double-cross and then triple-cross, plus the autobots being tricked into being Sentinel's pawns in the first place. Sure, it came down to "who to blow up" but there was at least some uncertainty before that and a mystery until the reveal.

Plus Lenard Nimoy was Sentinel Prime. Hard to go wrong there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8