The Writers' Group 9,301 members · 56,503 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Okay, I just heard that, as seems to be sorta a trend for this season, next weeks episode's been leaked.

It's called "A Health of Information", and is by Sammy Crowley and Whitney Wetta. I haven't seen it yet, but I think it's all about how the entire cast starts speaking Russian for some reason.

You can post about it here, or talk about it on the TWG discord group in the early episode channel.

--Sweetie Belle

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Is there anything that Russian Hackers will not hack! Praise it be to the Russian hackers!

:fluttershysad: But will Flutters cure Болотная лихорадка? Watch and learn!

Okay why? That's really weird and oddly specific

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well... it may have been leaked in Russian with only English subtitles...:unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

Firstly, turns out Mage Meadowbrook was an earth pony... and Cajun, at that! Neat. :ajsmug:

Secondly, Russian Fluttershy is like twice as adorable as her English-speaking counterpart. :yay:

Thirdly, Twilight with a Russian voice? Mmmm... :twilightblush:

The real question is why hasn't there been a site thread for the last episode. Is Knighty as disheartened as most of the fandom at this point?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I think he's on vacation, or away from home, anyways, and he probably didn't think about having somepony else fill in for him on posting it.

--Sweetie Belle

Okay that makes more sense

Yes, Russian Fluttershy is super adorbs!

Who's naming these diseases? "Swamp fever?" Not only is that unhelpful, it's a terrible understatement! In our world there's yellow fever, but turning into a tree forever? That's another level of dark. That disease needs to be called "disease that literally turns you into a tree." And the tree that infected Zecora? That used to be a pony!

I liked the episode. I liked Fluttershy in this one. She can really drive the story, and has a strong will of her own. She's really changed a lot since Season 1. One thing that did bother me was how the masks were never really used for protection. Everyone's just sticking their bare faces in the flowers. And this is after To Where and Back Again where the characters did everything right.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

That disease needs to be called "disease that literally turns you into a tree."

I know right?! :twilightoops:

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

I liked this episode, but I think it was let down by some poor characterisation, which makes it feel a bit off. There's absolutely no reason why Fluttershy should be the only pony concerned about swamp fever. Zecora is your friend too, Twilight! I mean, were you just going to wait for her to turn into a tree, and then shrug and say "Oh, well, these things happen"? Twilight just spends the entire episode being useless, and even actively tries to hinder Fluttershy at times. And that's kind of a shame because this is a rare opportunity for Twilight to play the secondary role in somepony else's episode.

Fluttershy was great, though. She carries the episode. To be honest, she could have done it all on her own.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Twilight was just contractually obligated there to remind us that Fluttershy was exhausting herself. I also found it silly when Fluttershy, already sick with fever, tells Twilight to stand back while Fluttershy alone invades the hive of angry bees. I thought Twilight could match bees but nope alicorn curse strikes again. Twilight only did stuff off screen I think and unsuccessfully at that. Most useful thing was catching Fluttershy when she fainted.

I like this episode, though I agree fully with the complaints on characterization.

I can see why people think Twilight should've been more concerned about Zecora, and I'm sure she was. Just because they don't "Tell" us she's worried, doesn't mean she isn't.

6126040 She also stopped Fluttershy from trying to dig her way in, and helped to get Fluttershy up to the hive when she was weakened from swamp fever.

She said magic didn't work. What I don't get is why Twilight or Cattail couldn't put on the striped mask and get the honey. No one even suggested it. The best explanation I can think of is that Fluttershy feels responsible for causing all the trouble, but having her get the honey was purely for dramatic effect.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Fluttershy was the designated hero, she had to be one to do it. Oh and Fluttershy not wanting any more ponies getting hurt because of her. Also I was more thinking on using the magic on honey itself, or is that also immune?

I considered those as the Twilight reminding us that Fluttershy was exhausted and not thinking clear straight. I am glad that Twilight went to adventure with someone finally, it's just that she was too passive I guess. And they don't need to tell, but show would be nice. Besides twilight was probably more worried about Fluttershy because she was spending time with her and was rightfully worried about Fluttershy endangering her life.

This really cykas my blyats.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18