The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,500 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It's time for the next episode, and this one is called "To Change A Changeling". Interesting title, isn't that?

Horizon did a drunk writing writtening thingy that's supposed to be what the episode will be like here, but I doubt it'll be much like that, even if I did write 3/4's of a chapter for it. (Though I might have cheated by not being drunk, just very silly.)

With that title, I'm guessing it'll have Thorax in it.

Maybe Chrysalis? Probably Spike, anyways, and I could see Starlight Glimmer and Ember in it. I'd like to see more Ember/Thorax, actually.

Title is a little strange, since changelings change all the time. That's kinda the definition of a changeling. In fact, any of them could easily have changed to look like the new changeling design if they wanted to, even if they hadn't changed, and, well, that could be a problem, couldn't it?

Anyways, this is the official discussion thread for the episode, or you can talk in discord, or the site post for it when happens, and places like that!

--Sweetie Belle

I haven't seen any spoilers, but I desperately hope that this is about a Changeling that doesn't want to share love because he doesn't want to look all colorful and stuff, and the solution is to share love but retain the classic Changeling form. And if that isn't what happens, I'll just have to construct another headcanon for un-transformed Changelings.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Yes I too wonder who will be the real star of the show :trixieshiftleft:
Who ever she is, she will show them all how to change a changeling :trixieshiftright:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Trixie is a possibility. She could change the changeling into a teacup.

Well, Triple Threat did mention changelings that weren't really accepting Thorax's rule. It wouldn't be surprising if they went down that line.

--Sweetie Belle

How do you spell the new guy's name? And what do they call the mole monster?

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

How do you spell the new guy's name?

I assume it's "Pharynx" (meaning "throat").

And what do they call the mole monster?

It sounded like "Moleworth" to me.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Yeah I believe Pharynx is what the credits wrote too. I actually thought he was Phalanx at first though, because he was the soldier of the hive.

I remember reading somewhere (can't remember whether it was on a stream or on knighty's thread) that the mole monster's name is German.

And indeed, there is a German word, Maulwurf. It means mole. So Starlight called the mole monster, a mole, in German.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Ah yes, she did say it a bit Germanishly :)

I liked seeing the Changelings adjusting to their new society. And I can sympathize with Pharynx. If everyone around be became the most insufferable type of hippies overnight I'd be pissed too. If the last century has taught us anything, it's that societal changes always cause growing pains. I feel like this episode will always be relevant.

Also, when I saw Pharynx all I could think about was this:

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

This episode was... I can't put my finger on exactly what was wrong with it, but I didn't really like it. Everything just felt a bit off, from the too-slow pacing to the weird dialogue to Starlight's idiotic plan to the rather underwhelming resolution. Even the background music didn't quite seem to fit, which is an issue I've never had with MLP before.

This episode was bad. Not the worst, or the most unpleasant. But as hawthornbunny has pointed out, it was strangely anti-climactic, and I felt it was pointless.

I must admit, I have very little to say about this episode. It was just strangely—to quote Rarity from the last episode—"bleh".

My guess is Steve#2, have to see what DWK going to say about him.
It's kind of like the reverse of Discord's tea party with Fluttershy, like if he is going to change his basic nature then he is going to die.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

My guess is DWK will call him Chad.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15