The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,460 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39

I got the idea to write a story based off of that song... if you don't like Eminem, then let me explain what it's about: basically, an obsessed fan who takes things way too far. My idea is to write a story kinda like that, except with Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, and without the entire 'girlfriend in the trunk' part.

It's kind of a rough idea, and needs more development, but what do you guys think? I think I'll write it no matter what, but I want some feedback.

Eh
Eh #2 · Jul 8th, 2013 · · ·

Any idea is good as long as it's executed properly.

1242605 I know some really bad ideas...

i mean if you can work it out then by all means go for it. i've seen stuff like this work out to be one of the better fan fictions i've read (though in the early days of fanfiction.net they were called songfics if i recall right) and some of the worst ones iv'e read.

Ive seen good and bad fics like this. Just depends on how you write it really

Oh my God... I cannot tell you how many story ideas have fluttered about through my head simply because I daydreamed whilst listening to a song. As Eh said, if it is properly executed (or, at least, if you tried), then go for it.

My eventual science fiction novel was inspired by Starlight. Also, shameless thread promotion to answer your question!

1242622 I'm not asking if people would like it, or even if they'd read it. I'm actually asking if it sounds like something that won't completely fail.

1242631 I haven't even read any songfics.:pinkiehappy:

Use the song for inspiration, not as a narrative. Scoots being an overly obsessed fan is a good seed for a story. Following the exact examples/story/plot of the song is just silly.

I think if one's a good enough writer, any idea is a good one.

I say go for it.

1242715 That wasn't what I was gonna do...

Aw, you haven't read rainbow factory?

1242744 With the exception of Rainbow Factory. Forgot 'bout that.

1242607 Give them to me. I'll make them even worse.

1242763 Dubstep warriors from outer space that come and rape all of Equestria.

1242774 hot. expect it by next week

Comment posted by Apollo and Artemis deleted Jul 8th, 2013

1242821 why no homo ;_;

1242892 ....[insert good comeback here]

Don't worry, I love you...

ALL the homo. And more.

I wrote a fic about a song once; it's a mistake.

...I hope the five people who know Men At Work's discography laughed just now.

I didn't write a fic about a song. As others have said, any idea is a good idea if you write it properly.

Luz

All the homo goes to you, Regidar. <3

Luz

not gay enough 5/10

1242602 So you are going to write about Stalkerloo? :duck:

1244104 SEND ME PM WHEN YOU POST IT!!! 11!!!! 1111!!! :raritystarry:

1244729 Um... alright. I may forget, though, so if you want to be safe, just Watch me... however, I want to do a different fic first, so it may be a while before I get around to writing it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39