The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,457 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

This is under the assumption that the Crystal 'Empire' is the name of the capital PLUS the lands of the north.

If so, is there a specific name for the capital itself in fanon?

Thanks!

Umm... not at this current moment that I am aware of. I guess you'll just have to be the guy to make something up.

Rubynia for the capital.

Sapphos for one of their smaller cities.

Emerridge for a small frontier town.

Jewell for a port town (combination of 'Jewel' and 'Well').

And other assorted gem-related names.

Not that I know off. I always assumed that the Crystal Empire was a city-state, like the Vatican City, Singapore or Sparta.

Aye, that's what I originally thought. But after a while I wondered why they hadn't changed the name to Crystal City.

If I had to come up with a name for the capital I would just call it the Crystal City

Curious thing:
Aside from the Badlands, Crystal Empire is the only other named place without a horsey pun.

that's because it's the only place which isn't in the original one i think (haven't seen the early mlp, but yeah)
i think the crystal empire is the whole frozen north, but because it's all basically frozen over and only that one area is really livable seeing as ponies live on plants and such, it's either just the capital of the crystal empire or that's the whole crystal empire

Well, it's still an Empire, even if it is an Empire of one city. Monaco is called "The Principality of Monaco", despite being a city state (A principality is a nation ruled by a prince or princess, in the same manner as a king rules a kingdom).

I suppose.

Guess I'll call it the Crystal City. Empire can include the farmlands and tundras around it.

Thanks all!

1219577 I think the city IS the entire empire. :twilightoops:
They got it for a discount... :trixieshiftright:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12