The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,457 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

Oh, that.

Totally not ripping off anything at all! Completely original!

Also, I wouldn't touch it. The cease-and-desist hammer leaves a painful scar. Besides, I need to save money for shiny cover art. Oh, and food. Food is good too.

OH MY GOD ITS BEAUTIFUL

1219237 Haha, I was just thinking how that was advertised at the bottom of the site. In fact, it's there right now! Oh wait, that's not just a Google ad, is it?

:trixieshiftright: Hmm, what's goin' on here?

Edit: I refresh the page and it's gone? Is it the work of Google finally recognizing I'm a brony or not?

The... erh.... creative naming scheme aside... this actually looks like a rather decent game.

Man, not once in that chicks little explanation did she mention it was based on MLP. She sure did say "original" a lot though.:ajbemused:

Some folks obviously want to see it made though. They have been given damn near $7,000 dollars :twilightoops:

Comment posted by Scipio Smith deleted Jul 4th, 2013

Chickin!
bawk bawk bawk!
Chickin!

Maaaaaaaaaaan, I'm really looking forward to it. But seriously, how have they not been sued for copyright infringement?

I saw it. I was saying that as a response to what I saw. Just.. no. I'm done. I am so fucking done.

More original than some fan fictions written here.

1219237 My God, if they get away with this I will laugh so hard at Hasbro's expense! xD

Oh :trollestia:! Princess Maker... the game that I enjoyed way too much and felt waaaaay too pervy playing...

Needs money, send daughter to work for brothel... Wat u mean, Ares? I am best father!

And Spike as Cube...

But yeah, I see a few issues with that one... even if Hasbro don't have the legal ability to cease and desist (not sure on that, depends on how close the project toes the line) but they could potentially mire it in legal battles... asking for $60K to make the game too... hmmmm.

Comment posted by TheDusker deleted Jul 4th, 2013
Comment posted by TheDusker deleted Jul 4th, 2013

It looks good. Though is it trying to be an obvious rip off or have they just decided against acknowledging what it is and get money anyway.

But good try

1219871 what game is it like?

It is the game series known as Princess Maker, the most known one to western audiences at least was Princess Maker 2 [Wikipedia Page] (it was the only game ported to english, but it was never officially released... but plenty of abandonware sites have it) and now I feel ooooooooooooooooooooold.

Also, beware, if you seek out said game, there are a few creepy bits in there.

But this project is very, very much in the same vain, from UI and interface, to the activity scheduling, the activities themselves, and heck... just MAKING A PRINCESS. (Hint, the best ending for Princess Maker was always to make your daughter a princess... huge leap there :twilightsmile:)

1220860 well if that game was fun, but never officially released here, I don't see how a new MLP rip off of it is necessarily a bad thing! And the game might not have copyrights here leaving them to only argue with Hasbro.1220752>>1219736>>1219284

Oh, nah... game companies making clones of each others games is nothing new... half of the awesome games we have today wouldn't be around if it weren't for the cloning culture.

The potential legal battles would only come from Hasbro.

1220933 so you really prostituted out your daughter in the game?! Wouldn't that kill her chances at princessdom?

1220933 *Questria hires Phoenix Wright* ...[2 months later]... *Questria wins legal battle vs Hasbro*, *Questria Dev. Team gained 9000+ experience points!*

... I don't even know why I wrote that, my apologies...

I never did, no. But there were some dodgy parts and dodgier endings... but if you failed to get a good ending the gods were not happy.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28