I Hate Equestria Daily 641 members · 642 stories
Comments ( 67 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 67

968742 No, I don't think he's joking. His post gives the impression that he alone knows what 'good' and 'bad' is and to hell with whoever else and their followers think.

I honestly do not see that. I won't say I'm right or some bullshit like that, but I see him trying to give an explanation and context of the rejection letter, while acting a bit of a damage control. And honestly, even if it is true, his opinion in regards to what's good or bad are just that, opinions.

So what if he actually thinks the author's 300 followers could be better used on other 'better' authors? So what if the 'great' EqD pre-readers think or joke that the author doesn't deserve that many followers? Those followers believe otherwise. And who knows, maybe of those 300 followers also follow those 'better' authors.

In the end, it won't matter. EqD bungled up. Let's just hope to God they know it. :rainbowwild:

968799 What I find a bit comical is EqD prereaders in here of all places, trying to justify themselves.

I'm guessing that just like with me, to many others it's going to fall on deaf ears.

You know what I see up there?

"We're not sorry for what we said, we're sorry we were caught."

:rainbowwild::rainbowlaugh: That's why I said damage control.

Besides, I think EqD prereaders here are a bonus. They can give us more information to use against them. :pinkiecrazy: No better way to undermine than straight from the sources, eh?

968830 ...I cannot argue with this logic.

I checked it out and it's really clearly a struggle with the self. They can't comprehend conflict that doesn't have an antagonist.

They'd probably shit themselves at the sight of Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions.

xD So save up those quotes and statements, put them in pictures and stuff. Viva la Revolucion. :scootangel:

968840 Normally I'd want Sethisto's keyboard on a pike, but I'm willing to settle for 'Prereader from Middle Earth' whoever that fuckstick is, who has his universes confused.

Anything from Vonnegut would make their heads implode. No doubt Slaughterhouse Five would be rejected for being too random and not having any obvious plot, not to mention being far too subtle.

So it goes.

Then again Breakfast of Champions does have wide-open beavers and assholes in it.

Get Butterscotch Sundae to write it and they'll post it anyway.

You know, the more I see of EQD prereaders, the more my respect of them goes down.

This could have been avoided if they simply owned up to the fact that they fucked up in letting this go through to the author and then moved on. Instead, they're trying to justify how the insults and snarky tone were acceptable and we're supposed to be fine with it because they were intended only for the prereaders.

Newsflash, that justification doesn't work in the real world. You want EQD to be seen as professional and the focal point of the brony fandom? Start by owing up to your mistakes without making excuses or justifications. Second, start acting like professionals; no writing
smartass replies to people who send complaints or other shenanigans.

968356 Holy crap :twilightoops: It's spreading:yay:

God, this is glorious

But seriously, EQD has to loosen their standards, I've seen stuff on there that's worse than mine and I already know I'm terrible. :ajbemused:

In other news, it's nice to know the EQD sheeple are up to their old ways.

""Wrong" is not a style"

Yet another reason to hate the site; the users.

Also, relevant comic.

In retrospect it should've just been ignored entirely. I was completely okay with not acknowledging it at all and just let the mad people be mad. People are always going to hate us anyway.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 67