I Hate Equestria Daily 642 members · 642 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

http://blog.itstartsatdusk.com/post/44918422689/an-open-letter-to-sethisto-head-of-equestria-daily

Not only disgruntled authors, but musicians as well! Personally, I think those folks are more talented than we are.

tl;dr:

"I think a free, fan-hosted content aggregation site should support my prejudices and simultaneously be an 'objective' standard of quality."

In other words, QQ.

Question: How does one objectively determine the quality of music?

Answer: You don't. That's not how it works.

I'm assuming he's referring to things like production quality/compression/equalization, which is pretty easy to distinguish even if you're not musically inclined.

It's still an inane post though.

Honestly, this guy sounds like nothing but a whiner, doing nothing but crying "Why didn't I get on EQD and brony A did? Waaaaa".

There's a difference in criticizing in fanfiction and audio in my opinion (maybe because I'm a visual type of guy?). Anyways, with fanfiction you can actually see the errors in stories and tell the people what they did wrong. Yes, I do believe the EQD Pre-Readers are imbeciles in this and that they only care about grammar and the such, rather than on the story itself, but that's a discussion for another day.

The music that's premiered on EQD, honestly I couldn't give two shits about. They all sound like talentless dub-step remixes of songs created using the actual songs from the show, songs I already can't really stand. Despite this, again, this guy has no proof that EQD is rejecting him simply because he made a few criticisms of the site. Maybe the reason isn't because they hate him, but rather he's honestly a talentless hack and sucks/creates awful music?

NTSTS #6 · Mar 9th, 2013 · · 5 ·

songs from the show, songs I already can't really stand

Boy, you best check yo'self before you riggedy-wreck yo'self.

Shouldn't you, I don't know, be banned for this? Cause, you know, it seems that other people got life bans for doing the exact same thing at some other time, I just can't quite put my finger on it...

Nope. As explained elsewhere in the comments, I legitimately enjoyed that story and have read each new chapter with gusto. Perhaps not in the fashion that the author intended it, but none of my praise was fraudulent. This is an odd place to bring that up (unless you have a stick up your ass), but I was being earnest when I said the story made my day.

If you have things to say to the other mods involved, however, I can't speak for them.

I see. Well then, I suppose I'll just drop that here then.

As for the songs part, sorry, but I just can't enjoy Daniel Ingrams songs, even if they are good (Which I'll admit, I do enjoy a few of them, such as This Day Aria). I was brought up on Classic Rock, so a lot of his music just doesn't do it for me.

Edit: I realized I screwed up and said "can't I just enjoy" when I obviously meant "I just can't". Sorry, 2 in the morning here so brain isn't working as well as it should be.

Sorry, but, he's right, the Pre-Listener panel is... Awful.

This isn't anything new though, this has been very commonly cited by even the pre-readers for months, just check the comments sections of my old old old blog posts to see some of their opinions of it.

Doesn't help that the whole thing is Mic's racket.

It's incredibly difficult to walk the line between 'criticism' and 'whining', even if you agree with the 'whiner', but take into account this guy's not a writer like we claim to be.

As a result I'm far more than inclined, based on overwhelming previous evidence, to assume that he's right and that the situation has simply declined overtime.

Thank you for reading this far without punching your moniter in the approximate location of my comment and have a nice day.

For once, i'm not only one complaining. This sounds terrible lol.

I think a lot of problems could be fixed if EqD didn't have such a monopoly on the community. I mean, realistically we have to be thankful. They've created a hub for talented pony artists of every branch (art, music, writing) to be featured and appreciated.

The only problem is, because it's one of the only sites of it's kind, it's often seen as appex of your craft if you can get there, just because they hand out rejections like a wind-born pathogens. And yeah, the panel is often a little tasteless, so that's pretty blasphemous the way they act. I never go there for stories or music. Somebody just needs to make another good feature site. I don't know... maybe I will.

770936 I haven't really made any brony music before. Still, I agree, the pre-listener panel sucks. (How do I know that? The only music that gets featured on the website regularly are dubstep remixes of already-existing MLP songs, also Offspring parodies.)

I just don't give a damn about the songs bronies produce. Not just dubstep, but the 'real' crap Hack Grippin' produces. It's just blarg. The only brony songs I've ever liked was 'Dash's Empty Sky' and 'Cutie Mark Crusader Conclusion'. :applecry:

but given that EqD and its head have now proven themselves to lack professionalism to a rather surprising degree, I’m no longer expecting one

^I'll agree with this.

And this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15