Crossovers 7,393 members · 10,985 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

Truly a battle of mythic proportions.

Wouldn’t it have been way funnier if it was Disney’s Hercules VS RWBY’s Sun Wukong?

7704276 The narration made the battle

7704280 It would be, yet it'd be a curbstomp, knowing that it's basically a faunus vs a demigod.

I mean, yeah, it would obviously be a curbstomp, but I bet the dialogue and banter between the two would be pretty entertaining.

7704285 I agree. Plus, we'd see more of Sun's awesome gunchucks.

Way, way back in the late sixties I watched an Anime Movie on TV called "Alakazam." I'm not sure what the original title was, but it was for sure
the legend of the Monkey King, which I figured out years later. Had all the elements.

But in the early part of the Movie where Sun WuKong is raising heck in the Celestial realm he fought a few western characters, Including Hercules. TO go by the lion skin he was wearing. Needless to say Wukong ran circles around him.

Should've been Sun vs Anansi or Coyote or any other mythological trickster. Freaking stupid choice going with Herc.

I knew Wukong would win in this episode (nice animation, but predictable in the end). Now, I was expecting Alien/Xenomorph to fight Predator and see who is the deadliest alien from the two of them.

It was the fight between the most popular mortals that became gods, from east and west, so no, it couldn't be anyone else. Even if the victor should be obvious from the very start.

Yes, it could've been anyone else. Sun is a trickster. It would've been far more appropriate to have him fight another trickster.

That. Was. AWESOME!!!! :rainbowwild:
(half joking) I didn't do that in RD. I dunno what you're talkin' 'bout.:derpytongue2:

It would've been far more appropriate to have him fight another trickster.

But that would get us into a prank war, one where speculation of who-will-fall-for-what is at the forefront of the fight, and sense Wukong has Fiery Golden Eyes, it wouldn't be much of a prank war if he can discern any illusion or disguise (stated in the video during Wukong's Powers section).

I'm not very familiar with a lot of mythological characters (let alone, tricksters), but I don't think there are any (if not, only a few) who are capable of killing this primate that not even the gods could do.

Did you even read my post?:facehoof: Or just went right through the whole theme point? In death battle, it's not about Who is fighting but rather what Theme is given to an episode and then finding characters/one of the characters that meet that theme.

Give me a hero that became a god more famous than Heracles and then we can talk again.

And I'm telling you the theme was dumb to begin with. Sun Wukong is known first and foremost as a TRICKSTER. Ergo, he should've fought other TRICKSTERS. Guys like Anansi, Coyote, Loki, Crow, Puck, Maui, etc.

And what of it that YOU, didn't like the theme? If you think you can do better then do so rather than say so.

Opinions matter but right now you are just whining that they could do something else entirely rather than comments about the things they did/didn't wrong. It's not up to you to decide for them what theme to choose.

They got an idea that they thought people would like to see and went with it it's not their fault that you missed the whole point of Death Battle since episode 1. The very first thing they start with is the theme of an episode then go to present the champions.

I can certainly criticism them for what I see as a bad match up due to a bad theme.

then give me other champs that would fill that theme better, because as far as I know most of the death battles were rigged from the start just like this one yet only a few are disliked for the curb stomp they are and usually not because of the theme but because of who was used to fill that theme.

Heracles should've fought Gilgamesh, Sun Wukong should've fought Anansi in a battle of wits.

I may allow Gilgamesh but the first Spiderman is known only to a few and I'm not even sure if the Death Battle cast even knows about him.

You may allow? Besides Thor, Gilgamesh is the best opponent for Herc. And as for Anansi, first off he's not the first spider-man and secondly, popularity shouldn't be the metric to decide who should be fighting. On top of that, Anansi has appeared in a lot of western media from Gargoyles to Static Shock and most recently in American Gods.

Comment posted by Grey Ghost deleted Jun 24th, 2022

you really lack reading comprehension, do you? I just acknowledged that Gilgamesh would be a good matchup for Herc by himself if the theme was different but remind that it was not, it was between the greatest mortals that became gods in East and West cultures, not the Mediterranean Sea heroes.

Anansi is a spider god whose whole gimmick is overcoming greater opponents with smarts, winning in the face of even the worst odds, and taking responsibility for your actions, if that isn't Spiderman then I don't know what Anansi we are talking about.

Being popular has all to do with this show it's not like it's made by some all-knowing people that would know every character that ever existed and what they were all about and then put them on the show to see them square against each other.

That you know a lot about mythical characters doesn't mean that everybody else does as well People have to first discover something before they can know it. I never heard about Anansi before this discussion hell I can assure you that most of my whole country never heard about him most people never heard about western African myths even those that know they exist.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22