Past Sins 1,040 members · 176 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

Is there a list of those? And in chronological order? All of the Past Sins stories here are all clumped together in the Main folder. And I'd the only one I looked at before belonged to that ham fisted, ego centric, self righteous douche nozzle that is Reality Check. And that was almost half a decade ago.

So yeah any good ones? I'm wanting to re-get into the Past Sins series.

5960683 He may have been a douche, but his Past Sins Spin Offs were great

5960687 they were till around the end of some. I hate when opinions get stuffed in there such as the mare-do-well part in the nightmare night story

5960683 If you find a list of em share it with me I JUST started rereading it not long ago

Meh. When I was told to go crawl in the whole I crawled out of. All because I tried logically stating that there are more mares than stallions. Then blocked me from commenting.

Then in a seperate fic. Accused me of attacking him with my homosexual agenda and killing his rights. All because I said if he didn't like a fic that has Mare-Mare relations he didn't have to read it. Instead of being antagonistic. Pretty much sealed the deal of me never reading any of his works ever again. As well as painted him to be a massive buckwit.

Which is also why I'm trying to find other good spin offs. Any ones would be nice. Do you have any recommendations?

I didn't get that far honestly. But yeah seems to be one of his writing quirks. Along with throwing a Male OC, or random male at a female without building up a reason to get emotionally invested in the ship / appropriateness of the ship.

No problem. When I get a list I promise to PM you a copy of it.

5960740 True, he also got pissy when Ashleigh Ball posted an image of AJ and RD kissing at their wedding. Hmm, any good Past Sins spin offs? THere was a pretty good one with an older Nyx in the Equestrian Wasteland from awhile back

To be honest, if you take out RC's stories, you aren't left with very many really good Past Sins stories. A self-righteous homophobic douchebag he may have been (not to mention being one of those bat-shit-crazy Young Earth Creationists, they make me laugh nearly as much as the flat-earthers do), but he was a great writer.

5960801 I hope you realize how warm it makes me feel to see that there are people recommending my works out there. Even if you may or may not have read them I am still warmed by it. :raritystarry: Thank you. :pinkiesad2:

Sadly, Reality was the only one who had descent ideas. Oddly enough they felt like a precursor to Fall of Equestria. Think about it: male shows up to tell the mares that their ideas on history and who the world's works is wrong. All the princesses give up control of the government to stallions. Celebrating a stallion claiming two mares as his property. All that is missing is the rape

5961945 I´ve found a few good Past Sins spin-offs, granted one is a Fallout Equestria which hasn´t updated in months

Yeah. I honestly don't touch his stuff any more as a principle kind of thing. But a few of his earlier works were good until he started with shipping. That's when his homophobic, bat shit craziness and ham fisted shenanigans really started coming full circle. Must have missed out on when he came out as a Creationist. And I do agree. Them and Flat Earthers are rather hilarious.

How do we know the rape didn't happen behind the scenes? And was that in the "Great Alicorn Hunt"? The fic were alicorns pop up everywhere; the mares go stallion crazy; and that's when I left the fic / was kicked out of the comment sections.

Or did he do similar nonsense with Nyx?

What good ones have you found?

5961970 I mean, I´m Catholic, but I accept the world was made millions of years ago. And I linked them to you already

There´s Tears in the Snow https://www.fimfiction.net/story/137182/tears-in-the-snow its sequel Nyx and the Shadow of Nightmare https://www.fimfiction.net/story/137789/nyx-and-the-shadow-of-nightmare, and finally, that Fallout Equestria fic, Sins of an Alicorn https://www.fimfiction.net/story/195970/fallout-equestria-sins-of-an-alicorn

It started in Nightmare Night, but really took off in all his stories after that. Like, in Nyxs Family, a crystal stallion tells Twilight that Earth ponies created the hearts warming flame and had magic while sexual insulting her. At the end, they find a tomb were his version of Smart Cookie (had a different name) is depicted as claiming two mares for himself and the characters seem over joyed by this.

After that, if you read one of his stories you read them all. Idiotic talk for entire chapters about how something works. Stallions saying that the ideas on the show are wrong (always a stallion so take that however you want). Twilight, Celestia, and Luna becoming figure heads alone while stallions do the job of running the government and so on.

But the worst part is, Nyx becomes a background character in her own universe. RC would rather create hundreds of OCs than talk about the one we are there to read about.

5961947 I've read a few, but none really held my interest

Facepalm sorry. And yeah. I have those links saved on my lappy. And I know a few Catholics and lots of Christians who're the same way as you. They say if "God created all things, then science is something he created so that people can learn more about the world he created." And that makes more sense, than a lot of stuff you hear. I mean if he made everything. Then that means that he made it so that people can learn the sciences to discover more about his works than our ancestors had access too.

Although more than a few of them are still against the idea of evolution, but that's more of a personal quirk than anything. I mean you even have a lot of people today who argue over the idea of evolution, or even the different factions of the Intelligent Design Theory.

Wow ... that is sad. And more than a little depressing to know that 2nd Best Filly and Best OC Filly was made a background character in her own fic. And how those fics turned out ... not 100% surprised, but still a bit depressing.

5962006 Plus there´s a quote in, I forget which book of the Bible stating, and I´m paraphrasing, ¨A thousand years is like a day to God.¨ so basically, considering God, as well as pretty much all deities in other beliefs are immortal, then well, once you´ve lived for long enough, a year could seem like a second.

Yeah, RC was more interested in destroying everything magical about the world so that it fit his own views.

His own words was that Nyx' s Family wasn't entitled Nyx All the Time so she shouldn't get all the focus. Fair enough bit a story about her interesting with her family should focus on that rather than the long lost secrets of earth pony magic (when describing how it was like unicorn magic he also insulted real farmers). And after that you can take Nyx out of any of his stories and nothing would be lost

One person I know who has been thinking of making a Nyx story or two is Darthvalgaav. Check out his page, he listed his ideas

Oh have you looked at Pen Strokes other Nyx stories? He's written a couple

I asked him about the chronological time line. Since it appears there are a few authors that have contributed since I left that are considered canon. But I read Trinkets (before the sequel was added); Nightmare Moon or Nyx; and the Hearth's Warming one. But yeah.

And I'll have to look into that person you mentioned. It'll be interesting to see what he does. As for the whole "not Nyx All The Time" ... as well as RC destroying the magic of Equestria ... that really does sound like him. Sad to think that he started off good, but then turned around and utterly destroyed everything.

Yep. Especially when with all religions there deities live in their own spiritual plane of existence. It's easy for them to loose contact on mortal timescales, and mortal concerns (add onto the fact that if you've lived for millenia / eons it's easy to see patterns as they happen. And things meld together) when they are in way removed from it.

5962065 The same could be said for time travelers. Despite generally being mortal, being able to hop back and forth through time could screw up your sense of time

That's true. There is a fic called The Moon's Apprentice that says that Pinkie is the way she is because she's secretly a Time Mage. I found that too be a funny hypothesis.

Well Time Traveler's and Dr. Who(oves). But being not bound by the normal flow of time and space (or even being able to enter multiple different time lines) would definitely eschew one's perception of time.

5962082 I found one fic where Pinkie, who I believe has become an Alicorn, can´t recall the title, but basically, she gets sucked back in time, and it turns out SHE ends up becoming Cadence. Imagine Twilight´s shock at finding out her favorite foalsitter was in fact one of her temporally displaced best friends, but also that said friend fcked her brother

I actually had no idea about all the drama that went on with RC. I was just reading one of his stories when he decided to take them all down, I clicked next chapter and got a page "This story does not exist". That was the first I knew of it. Meh.

Past Sins was what inspired me to start writing fics, but unfortunately I haven't seen many good spin offs by other authors.

You didn't mention reading Pen Stroke's The Road Home it's a fun one, so if you haven't read it, you really should.

Oh!!!! When is that in the Nyx storyline? And yeah ... his fics start good, but then just ... yeah. As for Nyx fics, Are you thinking of making your own Past Sins spin off? I'd definitely give it a read.

5962277 The road home is just a few months after Winter Bells, but it incorporates the season 4 finale into the past sins canon and starts right after Tirek was defeated.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30