Shipping 💖 9,749 members · 11,686 stories
Comments ( 47 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 47

Make sure to stay away from any illegal ships. I want to be surprised at the choices you pick after all.

Also if your favorite doesn’t have any ships you can think of, you can always pick another favorite.

Anyway, by now you all know my favorite is Starlight so I’ll start us off.

Favorite: Starlight x Twilight- They’re just really wholesome and fun, although pretty much almost any Starlight pairing is amazing with good writing. Every time these two are onscreen together after Starlight reforms, they end up fueling the ship even more and I love it.

Honorable Mentions go to Trixie and Maud. The ships with Sunburst and Fluttershy aren’t half bad either.

Least Favorite: Starlight x Chrysalis- With good writing I can tolerate it but I can’t fathom Starlight being attracted to the very creature who hates her so much.

Dishonorable Mentions are the four ponies from Our Town. Yes I can buy them being friends with her but I don’t think it’s the best idea.

Technically, my favorite character is Princess Luna, but I hardly ever ship her with someone, so I think I will have to pick Sunset Shimmer for this comparison. She's my second favorite character of MLP after all~
Favorite ship: My favorite ship pairing for Sunset is to see her with Adagio Dazzle~ Sundagio is such a nice concept and there are SO many different directions their relationship can be taken. The fact that they have similar histories and previous motives only makes their chemistry that much stronger and to see both of them rely on each other is pretty dang cute~
Honorable mentions: I'd say Sci Twi x Sunset Shimmer is a pretty cute ship as well~ I hardly ever read fics about them, but I can see the potential~
Least favorite ship: Honestly, I never got the point with Sunset Shimmer being shipped with Starlight Glimmer. In a way, I always saw the two of them as being TOO similar. Adagio and Sunset are similar, but they had their distinct differences. Early on, Starlight seemed way too similar to Sunset, even if she got more character development later on. In my opinion, I always think that the two of them would be friends, but I don't think they would work as a couple. At least, that's my opinion.
As for dishonorable mentions: I hate it when people ship Sunset with characters like Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Twilight or even Chrysalis. I can sometimes see it with good writing, but I don't think they would ever work.

Tbh, I feel the pairings you listed for Dishonorable Mentions are a lot worse than Starlight(well except maybe Princess Twilight) but thanks for replying.

No problem! It was a fun little exercise~ :twilightsmile:

illegal ships?

Basically no pedophilia or incest.

Let's see........

Favourite: Luna x Celestial

Least favourite: Luna or Celestia x Any male figures

Alright...

Most Favourite: (you know what it is 😳)
Least Favorite: Starlight x Sunburst

Comment posted by Little_Draco deleted Aug 29th, 2022

The theme of this post is to choose your favorite characters and see which pairing with them you like the most and the least. Neighsay and Tempest may be your favorite pairing but it doesn’t relate to Starlight and Sunburst at all.

Unless you’re talking about a different pairing entirely, in which I am clueless.

Wait what are you saying? Are you saying your favorite pairings are with Ember being with anyone except Thorax and other dragons?

Same could be said with who? I don’t know who else you could be talking about.

Rarity is my favorite Character

Favorite Ship: RarityXApplejack, the main reason i ship these two together is Rarity my favorite Character and Applejack my second Favorite character, it's as plain as simple as that, the fact that they have great chemistry with one another is a huge bonus.

Hated Ship: RarityXSpike, I don't know if this is viewed as pedophilia to you, some people see it has that, and some done. but i loathed this couple, reason being, Once again Rarity is my favorite Character, back in the early seasons Rarity was seen as a bad character, but her actions made sense to me and i could justify them, and Rarity for me could bring out the best in any character for me, in the Show or and Comics, everyone is a 100 times better when they interact with Rarity..... everyone except Spike, i swear when Rarity interact with Spike it brings the worst of her out, I can't stand Rarity when she interact with him, and it's all because of that stupid crush, if Spike didn't have that crush and he still did things he did i for Rarity, it would be ok, but that crush made Rarity seem like see was taking advantage of him.

Let’s see.. Twilight is my favorite (As far as I can think when it comes to the Mane 6) so..

Favorite ship: TwilightxRainbow Dash

Least favorite: Twilight or Rainbow Dash x any male figures. (It’s like that for quite a few of my ships too)

Oh, I'll say Neighsay x Twilight as my least 😬

Since the topic of Spike’s age is so controversial, I’ll let you decide if it’s illegal or not. I personally believe he’s a child(ironic given how I thought the opposite a while ago), but I know some people have reasons for thinking otherwise. This will hopefully cause less arguments.

Best pony: Rarity

Best ship for best pony: Rarishy
I shipped Rarity x Fluttershy hard during early seasons. Being the two most feminine characters in the group, their relationship in the show itself is really sweet. I especially like the way Rarity knows how to handle Fluttershy, being sensitive and tactful with her unlike most of her friends. It's easy to imagine Rarity knowing how to support and probe Fluttershy in the right way, helping her come out of her shell and achieve better things that she's capable of. In turn, with Flutter being always sincere and supportive, it's easy to imagine her being Rarity's pillar to lean back on in hard times during her quest for success. Their characters could play off each other so well.

Honorable ship: RariTwi
I shifted to more RariTwi shipping in later seasons because the show kind of pushed Fluttercord quite hard (not that I dislike Fluttercord, although I gotta say I hate his writing in s9, so I somewhat fall back to shipping Rarishy again now). And also 'The Enchanted Library'. It's easy to understand the ship. A newly-crowned princess with anxiety and nervousness, and a supportive and tactful fashionista who has the knowledge and skills in politics and etiques of high-class society, can handle the nobles and know how to deal with stress and pressure. It's natural to imagine Rarity being a great support for princess Twilight, even acting as her agent in court or training Twilight in politics. Thus, there're a lot of potentials to write their relationship.

Disliked ship for best pony: none
Honestly, I can't think of any ship for Rarity off the top of my head that I really hate or don't think it'd work, provided the author knows how to write it. It's just best pony for you. Rarity's character is so deep and intricate that any character of any personality can still connect with her, romantically or not, be it Spike, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Celestia, Luna, Big Mac, Maud, Octavia, Coco, Blueblood, etc.

Disliked ship for best pony: none

Funny thing is, I actually have kind of an oposite situation with my best secondary character. I hardly have any favorite ship for her at all, but one distinct ship I hate with passion.

7733043 Well, Pinkie Pie is my favorite mane six character but Princess Celestia is my favorite character overall. However, I can't really think of that many ships for Princess Celestia off the top of my head. I will say I'm definitely not a fan of shipping her with Princess Luna, for obvious reasons of course. And I'm not really a fan of any kind of romantic ships involving her and Twilight, it just doesn't feel right. Twilight's worshipping of Celestia and close connection to her doesn't feel like it works in a romantic context. Other than that, I can't really think of any good or bad Princess Celestia ships that don't involve OCs.

So I guess I'll go to Pinkie Pie for second best because I can think of good and bad ships for her. Best ship for Pinkie Pie is undeniably CheesePie, it practically ships itself, even in the show. Cheese and Pinkie just seem made for each other, and it helps that it's pretty much canon by the end of the show.

Some other good ships for Pinkie Pie are her and Rainbow Dash, it's easy to see how you can turn that into a romantic relationship with how clingy Pinkie gets towards Rainbow sometimes. And the two both have that same love of fun and upbeat attitude that mashes so well. Pinkie Pie and Rarity is an off ship, there's not much to suggest that they would be in a relationship, but I've seen so many wonderful fanfics written that pair them up. There's also the forgotten ships of PinkieMac and PinkieCord, which I think got sunk by the show. The former because even though it's fourth cousins twice removed I think too many people saw it as incest and dropped it, which is a shame because I like the idea of Pinkie understanding Big Mac in her own way and he understanding her in his. PinkieCord got sunk as FlutterCord became more and more popular, but I feel like there were missed opportunities for Pinkie Pie and Discord to interact, Pinkie Pie was initially the most sympathetic to Discord's cause and Discord did say Pinkie's element was his "personal favorite".

Least favorite ship for Pinkie Pie is a toughie, but I'm not a fan of any of the foalcon stuff with her and the Cake Twins, or anything romantic involving her and the Cakes. The Cakes are like a second family to Pinkie, so anything romantic involving them feels like incest even if it's not. Plus, the Cakes are kind of old, whereas Pinkie is in the prime of her youth, so the age gap is a real problem. But I think the worst ship for Pinkie Pie would have to be with Twilight. I've read some good stories involving them, but I really don't think there's much that would make them work. Twilight is always the one who gets most fed up with Pinkie's antics and behavior, plus there's the possibility of her being jealous of Pinkie's party cave and her being outorganized. And Twilight comes across as too bossy and too neat for Pinkie Pie, she (Pinkie) wouldn't like being tied down by someone who sees her as more of an acquaintence or a problem.

Your favorite is Celestia? I actually thought it was Pinkie. Learn something new every day I suppose.

7733400 As much as I love Pinkie Pie, I have to admit that she can be too much sometimes. She doesn't always know the meaning of "personal space" or when to leave well enough alone.

Similar sentiments with Starlight but that never stops me.

7733404 Plus, I find Celestia to be very underrated within the fandom. She could always use more defenders.

I hate AppleDash. It seems so cliché.

I have no real desire to pair her with another. TwiDash is always fun to read but feels unnatural. I could see her go after Flutterbat though...

Favourite ship: Twidash.

I like Twidash ever since I saw the short "Deep Tissue Memories." Rainbow may tease Twilight a lot and call her an egghead, but she cares a lot about her and will do anything to protect her. Conversely, Twilight may get frustrated with Rainbow's antics but she will never leave her in a bind, and is more than happy to help RD.

Least favourite ships: Fluttercord, Appledash, Rarijack, Dislestia, TwiLuna, Twilestia.

Fluttercord: Neither Fluttershy nor Discord have shown any romantic inclinations towards each other. More importantly, I'm not sure if Discord would make a good long-term partner because he is the Spirit of Chaos. That doesn't exactly scream a stable working relationship.

Appledash: Rainbow and Applejack are too competitive to ever admit their feelings for each other, even if they had a mutual crush. They could eventually open up how they feel about each other, but not without a lot of help from their friends.

Rarijack: I personally don't see the chemistry between Rarity and Applejack, but some people will interpret arguing as potential shipping fuel.

TwiLuna: This is the ship I hate the most. For starters, Twilight's age may be unknown but she strikes me as being in her early-to-mid twenties at least. Luna is at least a thousand years old, so there is already a huge age gap. More importantly, Luna is the sister of Celestia, whom Twilight sees as a second mother figure, so Twilight dating Luna would be like a niece dating her aunt. As such, this ship would paint Luna as being creepy. And not in a good way.

Twilestia: As I stated before, Celestia is like a mother figure to Twilight and practically raised her ever since she was a filly. If Celestia started dating Twilight and vice versa, it would paint Celestia as a groomer; not to mention it would add fuel to the theory that she was manipulating Twilight for almost her whole life.

Edit: whoops, almost forgot about Dislestia.

Dislestia: I see no reason why Celestia and Discord would ever get together. The two of them spend almost no time together and, just because Discord gave Celestia some roses that one time, it doesn't mean they have the potential to be a couple.

What is an illegal ship?

Basically no pedophilia or incest.

Favourite character: Twilight

Favourite Twilight ship: Twilestia. I've given a lot of reasons for this in other threads, but it basically boils down to the two of them loving each other more than anyone else, and it not really coming off in a maternal way to me.

Honourable mention: TwiPie. In the earlier seasons Twilight and Pinkie had this really cute dynamic (best seen in MMMystery on the Friendship Express and It's About Time) where they'd absolutely go to the mats for each other when they were in a pinch, and both respected each other even when they were acting or thinking in ways other people didn't understand or thought were crazy.

Least favourite Twilight ship: Flashlight. Flash is creepy and his obsessing over a girl he met twice over the course of a single day for over a year is weird and unsettling.

Dishonourable mention: TwiDash. Dating someone who makes fun of her for her mental illness is beneath Twi.

Sunlight, aka.... Sunset Shimmer and Princess Twilight Sparkle, for me. X3

Twilestia huh?

Ehhhhhhh… no offense but Celestia knew Twilight since she was a filly. Besides, if I wanted a student/teacher relationship to grow into something more, I’ll just stick with Twilight and Starlight. I’ll definitely allow this since it’s technically legal.

I agree with Flashlight, it felt so weird and awkward. Thank goodness Twilight only sees him as a friend(her line in Rainbow Rocks proves this).

And your least favorite?

You do realize I was only intending for you to talk about ships involving a specific character right?

Ah well, you technically did so this is fine.

Well.... I will just say these two:

Yonabar and Gallastream.

Reason why for them:

Yonabar: It's just not a healthy relationship for the two. Especially because my UK Friend, aka The Blue EM2, doesn't like that shipping as well.

Gallastream: I only see them as FRIENDS. Nothing more and nothing less.

The ships are supposed to be your favorite and least favorite ships for your favorite character. That’s the whole point of this thread.

Rats.

Well... I haven't gotten any that is in terms of least favorite for Sunset at this point in time. ^^'

7733668 How is YonaBar not a healthy relationship?

-sigh- It's just.... a relationship between a Pony and a Yak is just unhealthy when one considers Yona's immense strength.

And besides.... her tough Yak strength would just end up crushing Sandbar in the process and of course... having him going to the hospital so much.

Having him being shipped with Ocellus? Now that's much more safe anyways.

7733711 Earth ponies have strength too.

Yeah.... but not as much to shake the earth, do they? :/

Meh. Celestia and Twilight are ageless, so that aspect becomes less and less important the further in the future you set your story. Sure, she knew Twilight as a filly, but it's not like she raised her. That was Cadance and Twilight's own parents, despite what many fans say otherwise. Besides which, the degree to which the two quite plainly love each other more than anything else in the world (except Twi's friends collectively in Twi's case, and maybe Celestia's subjects in Celestia's case, but those aren't individual) is far more important to me than the age gap. They're both consenting adults.

As for Starlight/Twilight, I'm not looking to start a shipping war here, but let's just say that from my corner Starlight's more questionable actions post-reformation are at least as problematic as any age gap Twilestia is facing. Not to mention Twi has gone back into Starlight's fillyhood traumas and Starlight is in a very vulnerable place as a reformed criminal dependent upon Twilight for financial stability and legal protection.

I'm not saying that means StarTwi can't work, for the record. I'm just saying that your own OTP has its share of concerns you have to overcome to make the relationship work, and I wouldn't be so quick to write off mine.

Like I said, Twilestia isn’t really a ship I’ll scoff at you for, I just don’t find the idea very appealing. If it happens in a way in which Celestia isn’t grooming Twilight, I won’t care but I won’t like it either.

Don’t take it personally, it’s just an issue I have with most Celestia ships in general.

I found Starlight’s most questionable antics to be in season six tbh(which is natural since reformation is a lengthy process and not one and done like Sunset’s). Anything after that will just make me shrug my shoulders, at that point her bone headed moves will become less questionable to me.

Fair enough though, my OTP does have some stuff against it it and I will acknowledge that. Though given Starlight is able to see Twilight as more of an equal over the course of the show, I think I’ll be okay.

I find most Starlight fans tend not to be very big on Celestia. I think it's just that Starlight's very anti-authority personality naturally clashes with Celestia's benevolent monarchy.

But yeah, I'm glad you understand.

I personally believe Celestia makes Twilight happiest, so that's where my preference in shipping lies.

That’s pretty much my mindset with Starlight x Twilight.

I actually like Celestia just fine. It’s the ships I have a problem with.

Fav: SoarinxRD and CheesexPinkie.

Least fav: Appledash and Flashlight.

Comment posted by metalsky deleted Dec 6th, 2022

Favorite character: Sprout :eeyup: (<close enough. They are probably related anyway)

Favorite shipping: Sprout x Me

Most hated ship: Sprout x Anyone Else

One day I hope to finish my dimension breaking machine to get teleported to the wonderful cartoon land of Equestria so he can knock me up and give me a centaur baby. Thank you lord for the creation of Sprout, the sexiest horseman alive. Please let our pairing be holy and forever, in your name.

Amen.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 47