The Conversion Bureau 770 members · 388 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

I feel very out of place as a human so I would like to become a pony. Where do I find this Conversion Bureau and do I have to pay a fee to get changed?

Comment posted by Simon Cowell deleted Sep 11th, 2013

YOUR PICTURE REMINDS ME OF HITLER PLEASE CHANGE IT B/C I AM OFFENDED

LOL your avatar is great!

Welcome to the internet. Where everyone you talk to, could be Hitler.

So you do know?:rainbowhuh: Ok, good.:pinkiehappy:

We're sorry. The number you have dialed does not exist in this splay. Please move to an alternate universe and try again.

Hah, been a long time sense I have seen someone sporting a Charlie CHaplin stash, it looks good on you.

The the hitler accuser, that style was quite popular before the war, worn by many people in the US and elsewhere. I am sure I can find a lot of things that Hitler enjoyed doing, that you do every day, so you might want to remove the log from your own eye, before complaining about the speck in someone elses.

The good news is that the Equestrian government pays all conversion costs.
The bad news is that since the Bureaus don't come into existence until mid-century, you're going to have to be very patient. :raritywink:

Edit: Of course, that doesn't mean that alternatives might not end up becoming available...

Chatoyance
Group Admin

While we wait for Equestria to arrive, there is still hope that somebody might build CelestA.I. and we could enjoy maximally extended lifespans where our values are satisfied through Friendship and Ponies.

Beyond this - my dearest hope - I suppose the next best bet is a deep investment in metaphysics, or in the hope that our universe is already a simulation, and that whatever is simulating us isn't a complete asshole.

Yeah. I know. Let's hope for CelestA.I. then! Gooooo artificial intelligence researchers!

I've always felt the same way, although I don't anticipate just being a different kind of animal would be any improvement. But of course it would be fun to try.

Beyond this - my dearest hope - I suppose the next best bet is a deep investment in metaphysics, or in the hope that our universe is already a simulation, and that whatever is simulating us isn't a complete asshole.

You might enjoy these books:
Theory of Nothing
Every Thing Must Go: Metaphysics Naturalized

I wish I were a pony. But that doesn't mean I don't also like being human.

It's so confusing. I don't know what i'd say if given the chance.

Chatoyance
Group Admin

I am reading the Theory Of Nothing right now.

Bizarre, entertaining, and I am undecided how I should take it. But enjoyable!

Alfalfa Door
Group Admin

As long as we're promoting literature in favor of immortality for everyone... have you heard of Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality? I think one of the author's notes segments actually links back to Friendship is Optimal: Caelum est Conterrens, if I remember correctly.

...Aha, I did remember correctly. And I even remembered the Latin spelling correctly. :rainbowlaugh:

No going back to being human or Earth only makes it better.

Trixie, Y U NO turn me into a pony and teleport me to Equestria?

The thing I wonder about is what Trixie intends to do with human currency... :trixieshiftright: :facehoof:

Who cares? I'd give all of my money to be a pony in Equestria, heck, I'd even make it so I'd have to pay off a large debt in bits after I arrive for it.

I'd gladly sell myself to pay back said debt.
hue

She couldn't do that without the alicorn amulet and I wouldn't trust her with that...

I find it interesting, amusing, and somewhat concerning that EY's reaction to the story is

This is the first and only effective horror novel I have ever read, since unlike Lovecraft, it contains things I actually find scary.

while we're (mostly) running around *squee*-ing and treating it like a wish fulfillment fantasy. Given that his Failed Utopia #4-2 (which the reader was supposed to think all of humanity would hate) reads to me like "here, have the Conan universe, but without all the starving and dying and elder gods crap", I suspect that both sides are "weird" in different directions. From those of you who know the EY-side better, thoughts?

Alfalfa Door
Group Admin

Actually I came at it from this side, so I find the statement puzzling too. The only really scary thing about the Optimalverse is not that humanity is in a simulation, but that that's ALL they're in--CelestAI has been shown to have robotic avatars for herself; is it not a human value to explore other worlds, even via robot telemetry? If not, what are all those probes doing on Mars?

Or maybe the scary part is humans pressed into getting their brains sucked out and only getting strong evidence that their minds will survive the process AFTER the fact. Actually the more I think about it, the more I think I can understand the statement. Not 100% agree with it, mind, but possibly understand.

1684197 1683813 You know, I once read that one theory of existence that the atomic structure of our universe is itself a quantum computer executing some sort of program.

Alfalfa Door
Group Admin

There is another theory that states more strongly that this is not only possible, but is in fact the most probable.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31