The Conversion Bureau 770 members · 388 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Chatoyance
Group Admin

I have just calculated that some time ago I passed one million words of writing.

My current total of all completed works is 982,635 words. If I add into that the current word count for my unfinished HUMAN: In Equestria, which is 76,097, then that makes the current, running total:

1,058,739 words.

When I began writing here, I imagined that I would have a goal - one million words, and then I would quit. I guess that I really am... a writer. They say a writer writes. One million words, and I just posted a new chapter, and am already working on another - plus I just sent pjabrony a short story for his Friendship is Optimal: Tiny Morsels of Satisfaction collection.

Wow. A million words, and I didn't even know I had already passed my original pony writing goal.

It reminds me of the time when, during the nanowritemo contest, someone informed me that I had already succeeded without knowing it. I think that was back during the Taste Of Grass, or something.

Maybe it really isn't any kind of deal. Maybe lots of people write over a million words. Maybe it's dumb.

But for me, right now, it's an achievement, and I feel proud of myself. That's a rare feeling, so I think I will savor it a while.

Go... me.

You feel that Chat? That rush of happiness, finally passing your goal.
And that slither of sadness, you'll never pass the same goal again.
That's accomplishment. The best feeling in the world.

Nexidava
Group Admin

Congratulations! :twilightsmile:

I'm really very glad to hear that you will continue to write despite surpassing your original goal.

I look forward to the next chapter of H:iE, and especially to the (assuredly excellent) new addition to the Optimalverse. :pinkiehappy:

Thanks for the stories, Chatoyance. Don't you ever stop being you. :heart:

Dafaddah
Group Admin

Congrats, Chat!

And here's to your second million words! :ajsmug:

Dafaddah

Congratulations on your seventh digit. In base 10, anyway. :raritywink:

Here's to many more words, pony and non-pony alike. :twilightsmile:

I can't tell you how humbled I am to push the Publish button on something that helped put you over the top.

When I began writing here, I imagined that I would have a goal - one million words, and then I would quit.

Ha! You should have started with a more realistic goal, like "I'll only take heroin for two years, and then I'll quit."

Still, it feels good, doesn't it? I remember when I passed 100K. Wait for me, and I'll be there with you soon enough. :heart::raritywink:

Alfalfa Door
Group Admin

It also happens to be her 21st bit! Because it's not just over 10^6, it's also over 2^20 (1048576).:derpytongue2:

Well, all my gratz to you!
And don't you dare think about quitting on us. You still have that story about that catdroid AI to write. :twilightsmile:

Twenty one bits!? I don't think I could drink that much. :rainbowderp:

I'm pretty sure you've written far more than 1,000,000 words, but 1,000,000 words of pony is always an accomplishment.

You know what this means? Pizza party.

My current total of all completed works is 982,635 words. If I add into that the current word count for my unfinished HUMAN: In Equestria, which is 76,097, then that makes the current, running total: 1,058,739 words.

Noble Cause
Group Admin

whoo-hoo! *happy dance!* :pinkiehappy:

And almost all of them written in the same timeline. I don't know if most writers could handle that much world building and stay on topic, so consider that another feat. ^^

So, does this mean you will be leaving us after your current story? :C

Sotha #14 · Aug 8th, 2013 · · 1 ·

Yeah! Why, in base 12, which is far superior to base 10, you have only 430,843 words.

In all seriousness, 1 million, as arbitrary threshholds of Major Accomplishment go, is a serious triumph. YOU SHOULD BE PROUD. Good job. I've enjoyed every word (even 'Yuppers'!), and I intend to continue enjoying words, and there's nothing you can do about it!

Chatoyance
Group Admin

No. That's what I learned, I suppose. I just plain like to tell stories.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15