The Conversion Bureau 770 members · 388 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

So, we've all seen the awesome intro and videos on youtube, the ads, the music, the fics, the stories, the juggernaut that is The Conversion Bureau.

But what about the next level? TCB comics, other videos, maybe even a SERIES of its own like a show? A movie... a video game...:pinkiehappy: and things can get out of hoof really quickly from there.

A comic I think would be really easy to make and could be seen as the next step. I can't draw myself and I haven't seen a Conversion Bureau comic but I think that's another awesome idea. Really, my true passion is movies and I would LOVE to see a TCB film.

Don't say it won't ever happen because it could. Technology advances by leaps and bounds every day. We know how great a concept TCB is and the many ways it can bring to life. People can learn a lot about identity and virtue from these stories but not everyone can read English. So, expressing them in different ways is something to consider in the future and one way to do that is with a film production of some sort.

Now I'm not saying we should stop everything and devote all our time into making a movie but it is a pretty awesome idea, I believe. With that in mind, who do you think should star in it? What specific things about The Conversion Bureau do you think would be perfect on the big screen? Are there any fics you think would just be awesome as videos? Are any of these things already happening that I'm not aware of:facehoof:?

I really like the idea of a tcb comic: I remember there was a song in the reading of the big respawn. What would be music sound like?

1309894 In my opinion, the best song to go with TCB:
[youtube=vCWdCKPtnYE]

I believe visual novels and interactive fiction have the potential to be a great medium and a logical step up from fiction (after all, they are text, but more than just text). I dream for something like no-one has to die or Almost Goodbye in the TCB genre. Those shouldn't be too hard to make, should they?

I am thinking of putting together a little something with Undum (the engine behind the latter story). It looks the most welcoming engine for interactive stories, though of course I wish it would be closer to FiMFiction level of usability (it's a JavaScript fiction programming framework; though it tries to make programming look as close to writing as it can, it's still programming).

Visual novels should IMHO long be online, already, too. Sadly, there's one major engine with which most of free VN's are made (Ren'Py) and it is not online. A novel called Lights in the Sky seemes like the only decent MLP related thing made with it.

Chatoyance
Group Admin

The song is Hand For Hoof by by zahqo and d.notive. I asked for permission to use it in the enhanced audiobook for The Big Respawn, and found they had written the song based on my work.

A game's already in production.

I still remember the toastbeard night when we heard this for the first time... Matt and Zahqo are good peoples.

Dafaddah
Group Admin

I did a call out for the brethren to submit Songs of the Conversion Bureau. Follow the link, and go to the next chapter for even more songs (they kind of arrived in separate waves.)

Really, my true passion is movies and I would LOVE to see a TCB film.

Awesome! Get to making one then... I have a feeling you were pushing others to do this for you, and although you are right that it can be done, each medium requires additional layers of skill sets. Writing is required by all, then you need a writer and artist for comics, voice actors, writers, artists, and animators for movies, and at least, writers, programmers, and in many cases, artists for games.

For a few times now, I have seen ponies post topics like this that boil down to "You should [fill in the blank]", but when you throw it as a blanket statement without volunteering your talents it sounds like a demand and expectation of everypony else in this group. It really comes off as if being told "writing isn't good enough".

People can learn a lot about identity and virtue from these stories but not everyone can read English.

That is true, but this site has a rule that all stories must be in English, if you can speak and write another language, and love a story to pieces, then ask the writer if you can translate their story and post it to a non-English pony story site.

I once told a writer they should get published, so working with them, I learned how to use publishing software, formated their collected works, and contacted a few independent publishing companies. Before the end of the year, I'll have a copy of their books, and so can the writer's other fans. This is what I could do to make my wish come true. What are you bringing to the table to help make your wish come true?

That's really cool. As a favourite high school teacher of mine always said: "Be proactive, no reactive!"

If you want to see something happen, work towards the change.

What if someone some how turns the conversion burea into a reality? :pinkiegasp::pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy:

On a serious note: I think "A Mare's Tale" by Hiddenbrony had one of the best stories for a conversion burea movie.

1324997 Found the ideal music for the truck-chase scene.

[youtube=sVTAe6bDCks]

Why? Because of this:
[youtube=5I0EbZL8J5c]

1325104 Same thing played out in my head when I read that part :rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13