Bike's Personal Contests 108 members · 55 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Bicyclette
Group Admin

source: nolycs

Hello!

I want to read stories where My Little Pony characters kiss alternate versions of themselves. So here is a contest for that kind of story.

Info

The only judge will be me. The contest will run from now until 2022 Feb 03.

Prizes

The winner is guaranteed at least $30. Depending on turnout and quality, the prize pool will increase, with the winner's prize possibly going up, and possibly adding runner-up prizes of at least $10.

Rules

In FAQ form!

What is "self-shipping"?

A character being shipped with an alternate version of themselves, as codified by the Alternate Self Shipping trope.

What? How does that even work?

In MLP canon, we have a pretty natural mechanism for that, with characters able to be shipped with their Equestria Girls selves. For example:

ELove Is for Squares
Trixie's had a bad string of luck with love lately. Starlight hopes this means she'll finally get a chance to be with her. She's wrong. So, so wrong. Because the one Trixie becomes enamored with? It's herself.
Dewdrops on the Grass · 6.2k words  ·  62  6 · 1.4k views

But there are so many other possibilities! Mirror Pool cloning, time travel, Nightmare versions, alternate universes...

It's weird to make two versions of the same character kiss. Can it be a friend-ship?

Does the title of this contest say "Self-Friendshipping"? If it were a "ponidox" contest, sure! It is not, though. Make them kiss, coward.

Are OCs allowed?

Nope! Canon characters only, please.

Mature? Mature + Sex?

Sure! As long as it's in good faith. Just note that judging lewd stuff will be completely instead of partially subjective, and my lewd tastes are very specific.

When do I have to finish the story by?

Your fic must be published, Complete, and in the contest folder by 2022 Feb 03 7PM EST. No exceptions or extensions! If you are a new author stuck in the moderation queue, contact me.

Is there a word limit? Can I submit more than one entry?

You can submit as many fics and words as you want! But you should probably submit to one of these following contests instead if you really have that much time on your hands:

Something not covered by the rules here?

Reply in the thread or PM me, Bicyclette!

Is there a required word limit?

Bicyclette
Group Admin

1kw, so it can be published on the site

Comment posted by Mockingbirb deleted Dec 31st, 2021

When writing stories for your shipfic contests, should the relationship be a fairytale romance with a happy ending? Or can I write a relationship that is bad, or fails, or both?

Asking for me. :twilightsmile:

Also, I'm sorry I accidentally deleted my own comment. :twilightsmile:

Bicyclette
Group Admin

bad and failing relationship stories are great! as long as the relationship is rendered well and meaningfully, like in any good shipping story

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7