My Little Pony Renaissance Contest 113 members · 39 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Dezmo
Group Admin
Dezmo #1 · May 5th, 2021 · · ·

Introduction

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to one of the final grand acts of My Little Pony Generation 4. Generation 5 Is scheduled to be released this coming September 2021 and in order to get ready I have decided to host a major writing contest in the spirit of the upcoming change in the show.

Theme

The My Little Pony Renaissance, or rebirth, will be among us soon whether we like it or not. The goal of this contest is to bridge the gap between the two generations. To give one final farewell to generation 4, and a warm welcome to generation 5. The theme of this contest is change. Change in a characters life that will shape who they will become, for better or worse.

Contest Rules

The story must be written during and submitted starting Tuesday, June 01, 2021 00:00 Central Time and ending Saturday, July 31, 2021 23:59 Central Time.

Must follow the set theme of "Change". This can be as small as Pinkie Pie deciding to dye her hair, to as dramatic as Princess Twilight embracing the dark side.

Minimum word count of 4,000 - Maximum word count of 15,000.

Maximum one story submission per author.

Rated E or T with family-friendly themes preferred.

OCs, Anthro, Humanized, and all Races shown in the show are allowed in the story so long as it takes place in an official MLP Universe.

Crossovers will not be allowed. Alternate Universes are allowed, but no mixing of other established universes.

Click here for the FAQ.

Submit

Submit your story in the contest group folder named: Renaissance Contest Submission

Judges

Judges: Wanderer D, Shakespearicles, ROBCakeran53, and Dezmo
Stories will be judged by four different authors. Each hand picked from different parts of the community with very different points of views.
Judges will rate using personal opinion and list all stories from best to worst.
Judges will not consult each other during this process.
A higher rating a judge gives a story will give it a better chance than lower rated stories when they are compared at the end.
The top three stories that receive the most praise between all judges will be the winners.
Because of this utilitarian grading process each judge is given a personal prize that they may reward to a story of their choosing.

Prizes

Winners of the contest will receive these prizes via Paypal.

First place: $500
Second place: $400
Third place: $300
Judge's personal prize: $150 ($600 total)

Conclusion

Dust off your notepads, stockpile your snacks, crack your knuckles, and play lo fi chill beats to write to, because it is time to...

Whelp, lets do this I suppose

Well, I've already got an idea on what to write. All I need is an editor and someone to do a cover art. Good luck to everyone else:heart:

I found this contest on June 19th...it's time to get creative.

Cracks knuckles

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8