Group Admin

it's Magical Mystery Cure, and we all wake up alicorns
now what we do ?

NicLove
Group Admin

then become all Equel

edit:

TAlicornication
Equestria is having a little problem - there are starting to be way, way too many alicorns! Sugarcoat investigates and makes a lot of very awkward discoveries - namely that it's all Cadance's fault. .
Sporktacles · 2.6k words  ·  505  16 · 7.2k views

I'm not sure if this is what you meant or not, but I can't help but throw in the reactions of some of the OCs from my stories.

Obsidian Crystal: "Mom? Something's wrong with my horn. I can't use it for pegasus magic anymore." He climbs downstairs, where he finds his parents. "Mom? Dad? What's going on?"

Feldspar Stone: "Hey, check it out! Now I can do magic too!" accidentally breaks a lamp

Kind Face: Looks around the town, thoroughly confused. "What just happened?"

Rose Quartz: "WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Gold Leaf: "Now, how are we supposed to keep up with her?"

Silver Leaf: "Like this." flies off after Rose

Shadowpiercer: WARNING: HIGH INTENSITY THAUMETIC SURGE DETECTED
"Great. What now?"
checks out the window for unusual activity
"I've got to get that sensor fixed."
finally sees his reflection in the window
YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM HAS ENCOUNTERED A FATAL ERROR AND NEEDS TO RESTART. PLEASE REMAIN PATIENT WHILE WE TRY TO FIND THE PROBLEM.

NicLove
Group Admin

p.s. but your mane/main (Obsidian Crystal) O.C is still just a PegaCorn

and Scoot still can't fly

So everyone becomes an alicorn except Obsidian? That could be amusing. Knowing him, of course, he'd probably prefer it that way anyway since he's used to his cross-wired magic and since he doesn't like being called an alicorn.

Edit: 1/23/2024

I just remembered alicorns typically have significantly longer lifespans than normal ponies. When Obsidian realizes that, he'll probably get over his "I don't like alicorns" attitude really quickly.

NicLove
Group Admin

p.s. Line from my StoryVers

At what point does an ability goes from having it being considered a "power" that you have, and becomes a Disabled if you can't do it, you' don't have that ability

Come to think of it, assuming all alicorns are also immortal or have very long lifespans, not becoming one would probably be more than just a disability. It would probably be considered a terminal condition.

That does make me wonder, though, what happens to non-pony races (like griffons or changelings) and to races similar to the main pony types, but not within the three covered by alicorns (like zebras or seaponies).

It also makes me wonder, assuming everyone became one except Obsidian, how anyone (including him) would know he was not affected, considering he does superficially resemble one already, and mass ascension would be an unprecedented event for which none of the characters would have any frame of reference. Also, what prevented it from changing him, and could whatever prevented it have affected anyone else as well?

NicLove
Group Admin

Come to think of it, assuming all alicorns are also immortal or have very long lifespans, not becoming one would probably be more than just a disability. It would probably be considered a terminal condition.

1) that would be the mane resone that their numbers keeps going up
you live long enough to multiply, and out life the others

p.s. don't we think of the same about those he got wrinkles and lost all the hair

That does make me wonder, though, what happens to non-pony races (like griffons or changelings) and to races similar to the main pony types, but not within the three covered by alicorns (like zebras or seaponies).

2) look at Queen Parabola
as for the rest
maybe one of them marry one alicorn, then go and spred the alicorn DNA around

It also makes me wonder, assuming everyone became one except Obsidian, how anyone (including him) would know he was not affected, considering he does superficially resemble one already, and mass ascension would be an unprecedented event for which none of the characters would have any frame of reference. Also, what prevented it from changing him, and could whatever prevented it have affected anyone else as well?

3) They magic thouhgt he already was one
or it only added the "DNA" that you didn't already have, so he only got the Earth-pony "DNA", so he is now just super-strong, ane one with the earth, but his magic and flying is stell... you know
So now his sister and... (his (ex-pegasus) parent ) can do better magic then him

p.s. other story ideal is that he get hit by lightning, and splits into unicorn and pegasus

Thanks for confirming that there's a way to include the other races.

I don't think hair loss and wrinkles are terminal conditions; those are more of a side effect of aging. I was just thinking of the implications of having a character with a lifespan measured in years while everyone else has lifespans measured in centuries. I just figured it might be comparable to someone being told that they have (x) number of months left to live.

The possibilities for how the process skipped him are interesting. The first possibility would imply that the magic is sentient, or at least partially sentient, which opens up some interesting storytelling options, although they may be difficult to explore. The other option sounds like he did ascend, but remained cross-wired, which would also be fun to explore. As far as I can tell, the best option depends on the type of story being told. I think the idea of the magic spell thinking he already was an alicorn and skipping him could be useful for a drama, as he would have to deal with being unfairly singled out again, while the idea of gaining earth traits while still remaining terrible at flight and magic would be useful for a comedy. That's just my thoughts, at least.

P.S. Thanks for answering the questions I had.

P.P.S. The lightning from the other concept would have to have some powerful magic in it, as it would essentially be resurrecting his twin. I guess doing that would also require coming up with a new personality for him. Either that, or his pegasus side could get some traits of his personality and his unicorn side could get the others. If they keep the same memories up to that point, it could be funny to see things like one of them putting on a song, only to find out that he doesn't like the genre anymore, or other things like that.

NicLove
Group Admin

Thanks for confirming that there's a way to include the other races.

you're welcome, being an alicorn shouldn't be restraned to only Mare (Female Ponies)

I don't think hair loss and wrinkles are terminal conditions; those are more of a side effect of aging. I was just thinking of the implications of having a character with a lifespan measured in years while everyone else has lifespans measured in centuries. I just figured it might be comparable to someone being told that they have (x) number of months left to live.

Aren't you told that when you have cancer or go into retirement ?
or maybe they'll start counting in "Dog-Years"

The possibilities for how the process skipped him are interesting. The first possibility would imply that the magic is sentient, or at least partially sentient, which opens up some interesting storytelling options, although they may be difficult to explore. The other option sounds like he did ascend, but remained cross-wired, which would also be fun to explore. As far as I can tell, the best option depends on the type of story being told. I think the idea of the magic spell thinking he already was an alicorn and skipping him could be useful for a drama, as he would have to deal with being unfairly singled out again, while the idea of gaining earth traits while still remaining terrible at flight and magic would be useful for a comedy. That's just my thoughts, at least.

Maybe it only can give what you don't have

Well... when Cadence become an alicorn, she didn't get an extra pair of wings

P.S. Thanks for answering the questions I had.

U.R.W.C.

P.P.S. The lightning from the other concept would have to have some powerful magic in it, as it would essentially be resurrecting his twin. I guess doing that would also require coming up with a new personality for him. Either that, or his pegasus side could get some traits of his personality and his unicorn side could get the others. If they keep the same memories up to that point, it could be funny to see things like one of them putting on a song, only to find out that he doesn't like the genre anymore, or other things like that.

or that only one let's one thought while the other a Meh about it

also how mush more power-ful they each are now that it's not split between both trats

and now he can't bust his sister's pegasus magic

maybe they each have only half their memories

or maybe only the pegasus one had their mom's DNA,
while the unicorn one only has dad's DNA

both have to share a bed at first

the pegasus side falls inlove with Scoot, while the unicorn side wants to date... AppleBloom ?

before they split, they were the tallest of their class,
after the split, they are each both they shortes, becomes of mass /2

or each time that they both go to sleep, they swip bodies

and at the end they try to refuze, but insted the unicorn side fuses with his sister
or something like that

Aren't you told that when you have cancer?

That's exactly what I had in mind.

Maybe it only can give what you don't have

Valid point. I guess I assumed at first that ascension would also fix his magical quirk. Having it give him earth traits without fixing his quirk would be an amusing variant, partly because it would allow him to be completely oblivious to the change for a bit longer, and partly for the humor of watching him adjust to having an earth side. He's already used to having to overcompensate for flight and unicorn magic just to get those to work at all, so he most likely would have absolutely no control over his strength.

Come to think of it though, what are some other characters that would be amusing to see as alicorns? I've put out a few of mine, and there's the suggestion from Boltstrike 58 that everyone panics, but other than that, I haven't seen too much.

NicLove
Group Admin

Valid point. I guess I assumed at first that ascension would also fix his magical quirk. Having it give him earth traits without fixing his quirk would be an amusing variant, partly because it would allow him to be completely oblivious to the change for a bit longer, and partly for the humor of watching him adjust to having an earth side. He's already used to having to overcompensate for flight and unicorn magic just to get those to work at all, so he most likely would have absolutely no control over his strength.

Ya, maybe he throws a bit in a WishingWell,

Or maybe every pegasus becomes a unicorn, and the unicorn becomes a pegasus

Come to think of it though, what are some other characters that would be amusing to see as alicorns? I've put out a few of mine, and there's the suggestion from Boltstrike 58 that everyone panics, but other than that, I haven't seen too much.

A.J., because she so... you know with no magic and doing it the earth-pony way

Derpy, the C.M.C.s, (both Scoot and Derpy stell having their Bad-flying)

Trixie,

Flim Flam brother, (they try to sale a drink that would make you into an alicorn, but every one is)

Lightning Dust, we have seen what she does with flying, now let's see what she does with magic

CloudBusters, long story short, pegasus, born with out any wings

Dandelion and Solid Ground, and CottonRose
all are Pegacorns, and would reacted differently

Sleipnir but he gets 2 pairs of wings and 2 horns
Helsa but the horn and wings are made of ice ?

Loyal-Dark / Shifting-Surprise, now she's worthy to be with Kirouac

SunFlower-Knot and her sisters ?
FastFox and Shy Stone, the 3 of then young with asperger

Orangiste-Juice, family doesn't want the raced to mix

Light Heart and Soft Spark !? both back at magic

p.s. Fell free to ask me anything about any of my O.C.s

NicLove
Group Admin

Come to think of it, assuming all alicorns are also immortal or have very long lifespans,

Speaking of which !

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14