Positive Ponies 3,476 members · 1,450 stories
Comments ( 96 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 96

I'm spreading the word in order to get justice for dozens of authors here on FIM Fiction. There is a user on FanFiction named Sunset JJ who has been plagiarizing dozens of stories from FIM Fiction and posting them on Fan Fiction as their own works for their own benefit. This is utterly disgusting and wrong. Help spread the word and let's get this asshole off Fan Fiction, and try to find out if they have an account here that they use in order to find popular stories. This guy doesn't even try to hide his plagiarism, the stories on his page are near word-for-word, he doesn't do anything other than copy and paste the stories. It's people like this that give writers negative reception, hell, it wouldn't surprise me if he's tried to accuse the real authors of plagiarism in an attempt to protect himself, but we know that's not true because sites have time stamps on uploads when a story is posted. True Writers unite! If we work together, we can stop this asshole.

thanks for the notification.

Thank you for helping to spread the word. Right now, we have two confirmed cases at the moment with littleman01’s story MLDC: Justice League of Equestria and RobtheMorpherPony’s My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers Reboot being stolen.

Here are Sunset JJ’s reuploads of two of the stolen stories:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14206741/1/MLDC-Justice-League-of-Equestira - by littleman01

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14183540/1/When-Friendship-Shimmers - by RobtheMorpherPony

I was able to find their fimfiction as I could have sworn I saw one of the stories posted on that fanfiction here and sure enough it does link to the same fanfiction.
https://www.fimfiction.net/user/451258/Jaden+Joynes

Not sure of the evidence of plagiarism and would like to see it, as there are stories on their fanfiction not on their fimfiction, but it seems to me a few stories are theirs that they posted on both websites, though if there is evidence that none are actually theirs I would like to see it, instead of simply relying on just your word.

Umm, how do we report this guy? Because I want to remove him from fanficton.net.

Comment posted by Darth Severus deleted Aug 15th, 2023

Thank you for your examples. A shame to see it's true in at least a couple of cases, as I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. Still, even one example is disgraceful and should be called out.

Thanks for finding this guy. We got ‘em!! Since you’re unsure about the allegations, I’ll happily provide you with the original story links and blog posts as proof of this.

Evidence:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/526975/my-little-pony-when-friendship-shimmers-reboot - The original story by RobtheMorpherPony

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/523989/mldc-the-justice-league-of-equestria - The original story by littleman01.

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/1020375/someone-stole-my-story - littleman01’s blog exposing Sunset JJ’s action of stealing their story.

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/1020378/warning-story-stealer-important-blog-post-do-not-skip - RobtheMorpherPony’s blog exposing Sunset JJ’s action of stealing their story.

Hope this is sufficient and thank you for finding this person.

No problem. Thanks again for even more examples. Glad I could be of help.

No problem. Now all that’s left is to finish the job and get the account reported. I sure hope this works.

I'm sorry to hear that: over a decade ago, I've had my stories plagiarized by a troll just because I'd left a mad review; even though his derivatives were of inferior quality, I couldn't leave it to chance outright and risk getting deleted overall.

This is absolutely disgusting. Who in their Faust damn right mind would do such a thing?! :flutterrage: Like, you do realize people will find out about your actions, and find a way to shut you down, right?!

:facehoof: uuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh…. First Sawtooth, now this. WHAT’S NEXT?! :fluttercry:

I checked and it’s talked about here

Huh, the bastard stole two of my stories too - "Longest Night, Longest Day" and "Family Matters".

What a douche.

They stole those too?! Man, what a criminal. Mind supplying me with the links so that I may file a separate second report?

Thanks! I’m going to report them right now.

Already did so myself, but by all means spam the shit out of this.

Longest Night, Longest Day
Family Matters

Both originally published in 2012.

Duly noted. Both these links and this whole thread are going in my report. Thanks for the help!

The Lunaverse is more or less dead at this point (my fault...), but back in the day we managed at one point to become the 9th largest group on FimFiction. If you're reporting these stories to the FimFic admins, definitely make sure to send one report Wanderer D's way, as I know for a fact that even if he wasn't a huge fan of the Lunaverse he certainly knows of it and remembers when we were huge - and thus knows for a fact that I wrote those stories and JJ's a thief.

I’ll be sure to PM him as well per your recommendation. Thanks again.

Apparently, this person is "just a guy who loves making stories"... Well, if they said "Just a guy who loves being praised for stories", it would be too obvious, wouldn't it? (not that it isn't obvious anyway)

You know in one of my stories. “At the Grand Galloping Gala”, I lifted a fair chunk of text from AbsoluteAnonymous’s Pinkie Watches Paint Dry, as I needed Pinkie to ramble at great length and didn’t feel like I was capable of writing that well at the time.

I didn’t seek AA’s permission, but I did make sure to have the first comment of the chapter it happens in be me citing AA’s story, providing a direct link to it, and telling people to go read it.

It wasn’t hard to do.

If that dipwad stole any of my fics, I'd go apeshit ballistic on his sorry ass! And I recently warned my co-author about the jerk too, plus I just warned Scorch234 as well

Good. Everyone should know about this in case he decides to strike any of us. We need to be ready in case that happens. If it happens and you’re looking for some help, come to me immediately with the links and I’ll send in another report to whoever will listen. I have no tolerance for this sort of thing.

We freelance authors have to be careful! I worked too hard on my fics to have them plagiarized by someone else. And I just warned PrinceofDarkness too even though he left FIMfiction

Indeed. Your efforts should be rewarded, not stolen. Let us hope that this doesn’t happen to anyone else.

The more of us that are fully aware, the higher our chances are of stopping this prick!

Decided to leave a comment on Matthais Unidostres's account warning him just in case. I didn't see any of his stories on Sunset's account, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to give him a heads-up that there is a plagiarist about.

That is definitely true. I mean, the amount of word that has spread has already caused Sunset JJ to go into a panic and start to hide the evidence. We’re making a huge dent just by sharing this and getting the word out. So we should keep going at it.

I've warned RainbowRaptorDash1, Scorch234, PrinceOfDarkness, Yellowcat293, Mister E-nonymous and one other person. Yellowcat293 doesn't have any fics on here so she's in the clear

Good. I’ll keep you guys updated on whatever happens next. I currently got Wanderer D on the line in regards to this case per RainbowDoubleDash’s recommendation and they’re working on emailing the Fanfiction moderators at the moment.

I warned Switchlock, Lawton, Skijarama and Valtryian too

Excellent. Get the word out to as many people as possible. This guy is Public Enemy #1.

I've warned ten people so far. Maybe I should warn Wrex as well

Go ahead. He should know.

Wrex doesn't post any fics up so he's in the clear

Comment posted by Admiral Producer deleted Aug 15th, 2023

Folks that don't post fics are safe from this thief

Good on them. Unfortunately, it’s us that do post fics that bear the effects of sickos like this guy. It’s disheartening, really.

I asked Raptor to pass the message on to Wrex and his other acquaintances

Oh! I just warned Amarvax since he's only got two fics

Alright, that’s good. Soon everyone will be safe if we keep this up.

Exactly! the more folks that are made aware, the quicker we can bring this asshole to justice!

Indeed, indeed. So keep at it. We’re going to turn this site into the most safely guarded place ever by the time we’re done. People will be onto this guy in no time.

For sure! And folks with 10 or less fics are less likely to be targeted by JJ

*sweatdrop* But since I have 17 fics, I should be careful...

Oof. Well, you’re in the know now, so you’ll be on your guard in case he kills again.

Exactly! Plus a friend of mine said that it had happened with a song he had worked on years ago

Wow, that must suck. I can’t imagine how much despair he must’ve felt knowing that his hard work got stolen. Same guy or different person?

I was talking to the guy on Facebook

And I left a message for yellowcat293 on Facebook as well, I warned Switchlock via discord

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 96