Quarantine Writing Challenge (Open!) 31 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
mushroompone
Group Admin

Hooray!! Welcome aboard, fellow author!

To be added to the official participant list, please reply to this comment and tell us what rules you're following. Are they the official rules (posted here)? Have you made some adjustments? Totally doing your own thing? Tell us about it!

Don't forget to embed your story in your comment!

OFFICIAL PARTICIPANT LIST:

I'm part taking in the challenge, I decided to follow this challenge because I love to challenge myself but I decided to go with my own unique style for the prompt rather than copying the one Mushroompone is using. I wish luck to everyone that tries this, and I sure hope we all suceed!
https://www.fimfiction.net/user/311520/Nailah, https://www.fimfiction.net/story/465485/harmonic-melody

7194036 I would like to participate... I just have to finish some stuff first. :twilightsheepish:

While I will try to do a chapter using prompts for my crack ship, and I will be writing 2K+ words a day, I will probably hold onto the chapters until I have finished a certain amount and then start releasing them once per day.

I might start in May, just so I can finish up the short story and chapter, I am working on. :twilightsheepish:

In the meantime, I will help promote this awesome group. :yay:

mushroompone
Group Admin

That sounds like a great way to make this challenge work for your schedule! Don't forget to come back and let me know when you've posted :twilightsmile:

mushroompone
Group Admin

Yay!! I'm glad to hear you decided to participate, and I can't wait to see what you create!

I will accept. BEHOLD, Luna Plays Halo: Combat Evolved! Thank you for the challenge. Let's see how far I'll go.

7199107 That sounds kind of interesting. I hope you are able to make it spread throughout the 30 days.

Comment posted by FirewaspRambo deleted Apr 20th, 2020

Got quite a lot of homework so if not today then tomorrow.

mushroompone
Group Admin

That's awesome! Be sure to let me know when the story makes it through the queue, so I can add it to the list!

I’m also going to be attempting to do this thing.

I’ll be changing up the rules a bit if you don’t mind.

I’ll be writing at least 1k words a day. Also, I won’t be operating off a crackship, but something completely different, it’ll be an original story.

I’ll be submitting A Series of Letters.

mushroompone
Group Admin

Excellent!! I'm very excited to read your submission :twilightsmile:

I don't really have time to increase my writing workflow, but I guess I have had the change to return to my old writing habits. My challenge already overlaps with some of the official rules. I don't complete a chapter every day because a lot of my stories have long-form chapters, 6k words or something, but I do write a minimum of 1k words a day. I started doing that a few years ago, and even though I've had some periods where it just wasn't possible, I still find it an easy habit for me now. I've thrown away hundreds of thousands of words just because I wrote myself into plot holes just to complete my word cap for the day.

I'll just say to all those starting their own challenge, I know you can do it. If an average person with an above-average writing proficiency can maintain 1k words a day for 5 or so years, then you can too!

Comment posted by Dashie04 deleted May 27th, 2020

I am done with my story.

Well, like 8 months later, I guess I'll do this as well.
I'm not going to be doing any crack shipping.
Also, I am going to be updating a minimum of 2 times a week.
That's about all I got.
Story

Is it still open? I know it's been two years but this sounds really interesting.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17