Quarantine Writing Challenge (Open!) 31 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
mushroompone
Group Admin

Welcome!!

If you're reading this, the most important thing to know about this challenge is that it's personal! It should be something that you want to do. Below, you will find the suggested rules (by which I mean the rules that I created for myself when I created the challenge). Please consider changing these rules for your ability level / interest level / available time!

1. Post one chapter per day. This is the heart of the challenge, being creative as often and consistently as possible! That being said, a lot of people are still working from home or doing schoolwork from home, so feel free to work ahead and bank some chapters! As long as you're posting once a day for thirty days straight of the same story, you're following the rules!
  2. Set a word goal. I picked 2k words per chapter. You can go higher or lower, just not lower than 1k! A story with fewer than 1k words will not be able to be posted to the site, which will disrupt your posting schedule. This word goal is meant to prevent authors from taking a "cheat day," wherein they may write a quick 150 words and call it, or perhaps post a "joke chapter" of only a sentence. That's not being creative or productive, it's just sneaky!
  3. Pick or generate a crackship to write about. I personally find crackshipping super fun and a great creative exercise! Either make one up or generate one randomly!
  4. Find a 30-Day Prompt Challenge to follow. Again, this is an additional creative barrier that will keep you on your toes! I'm working off this alphabet prompt list myself, but there are hundreds of similar challenges across Tumblr and Pinterest! You can find a few more here, here, here, and here! If none of those tempt you, try looking for your own!
  5. Write!!

Again, because this should be emphasized, these are the rules that I am following. If these rules don't spark your interest or make you feel creative, make some adjustments!

Okay! Have you decided to participate? Come on down to the Challenge Accepted! thread and tell us your plans!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1