Spike and Gabby 172 members · 57 stories
Comments ( 44 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 44
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

What the title says above. This is the thread for us to exchange and share ideas for future stories.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Here’s one from a Spike, Gabby, and Rarity picture on both derpibooru and DA, drawn by “johnjoseco,” titled “Rarity and Gabby.”

From MLP human Gabby and Rarity(With her Fire Ruby necklace) dressed in what you think each would consider date clothes sitting at a round table with a candle in the middle facing a third empty chair waiting. The concept being their on a date waiting for Spike to join them.

"C'mon, Spike! You got some ladies waiting."

7095361 I like the idea of seeing them years down the road, even if it's as friends.

This idea is based on something a good friend of mine put together, as far as the relationship stemming between Dragons, Griffins, and one other creature (I'll show you a picture of his work sometime). Anyway, I imagine this concept taking place sometime during the events of the future when Twilight Sparkle is ruling Equestria and most of her friends are busy doing other things. In the meantime, we must ask ourselves that aside from being some Friendship Ambassador, making sure there's peace amongst communities, what has also become of Spike and does he still keep in contact with Gabby? Do they remain good friends or do they grow to be something more? And one additional twist I'd like to suggest:

Suppose that they do get together and on one fateful day, they find something abandoned. Just sitting there in some spot, abandoned... A baby. Not a wee Dragon like Spike was or a Griffin appearing the way Gilda did when she was a young one, but instead... A baby Minotaur. Now, here me out: As far as that one 'Macho Man' Minotaur, we almost know nothing about their species and if there are, how are they like? Would they be similar or is there something that even we don't know? So taking an additional bit of inspiration from 'This is Us' when Jack and Rebecca decided to take in an abandoned baby, who was found in front of a fire station and left at the hospital, Spike and Gabby decide to take the wee tike in hoping to see what it would be like being parents (A subject they have either spoken about or, in Spike's case, probably didn't think too much because being friends is easier).

Now naturally you would think there'd be those stereotypical shenanigans of two different folks in over their heads, thinking it be easy to look after a kid and the usual style of humor we can think of. But instead... I'd like to imagine that, be that as it may, suppose it could be a story with just as much heart? A story worthy of making headlines on Equestria Daily? But again, from what I understand this little thread is all about sharing concepts and ideas so I figured I'd toss in my two cents.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I'll show you a picture of his work sometime

He's an artist? How good is his drawing then?

And I'm liking the direction this concept is going. A chance to create more depths in Spike and Gabby's relationship, but also to explore more on the lifestyle of another magical creature that's been overlooked in the MLP-verse.

And since you put it that way, a story that is more heartfelt than humor, similar to the book Wonder which would later be adapted into the 2017 film starring Owen Wilson and Auggie, not to mention a guest star appearance of Nicole Oliver herself.

Well, I'd say his drawings are remarkably well to say the least. He's pretty good enough to publish his own children's storybook, which I myself own a copy of. Not to read to any kids of my own, but rather because I see potential in spreading awareness of his book by forming an adaptation for a motion picture (Or perhaps a television project). I happen to be working on a concept for a script of such a project with him as we speak.

I had nearly forgotten about 'Wonder', then again I've only seen the movie once in my lifetime. I actually had no clue that Nicole Oliver made an appearance in the movie, as I mostly know her for her vocal work (But over the years, I did see how she appears when she's not behind a mic). As for the concept alone, I felt this would be a win-win scenario. A chance to build depth on Spike & Gabby, by expanding beyond a friendship and whether they 'could' handle going further, but also taking a look at a species that is mostly played to make their species... 'Loud' so to speak. I think there is more to offer with minotaurs, if only someone took the time to think it over.

Dragon, Gryphon and Minotaur

I promised you a look at my friend's drawings. And this is partly how I was inspired by that one story concept.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Your friend is Retrouniverseart who is also a friend of KingLeoLionheart? First time I've ever seen their characters was on YouTube a few years back, featuring a crossover with Disney's Dumbo.

Nostalgia aside, the "dragon, gryphon, and minotaur, three mythical creatures, each with differences living together under the same roof" concept sounds just as interesting as the seemingly impossible project of reforming demons in hell in VivizePop's Hazbin Hotel.

Now imagine the difficult struggles and antics of Spike and Gabby living together, while raising this young minotaur child whom they've adopted as their own son/daughter.

That's right, they are among my best pals (Although I mostly talk to RetroUniverseArt a.k.a. Benny). They did tons of crossovers over the years, many of which I've seen and I was bummed out when they couldn't finish 'The Little Mermaid'. I enjoyed their crossovers so much, funny story, I actually worked on crossovers based on their group mostly based on movies that won the Award for 'Best Animated Feature' (At least at the Academy). But given how things have changed and they're not doing these kind of crossovers anymore, I decided to take a break from it myself (Though I feel dumb for leaving one project unfinished).

Anyways, I truly did enjoy that Hazbin Hotel short (Including that 'Helluva Boss', to this day Loona is my favorite). As for the concept in general, the more I think about it, the more I consider how fun it would be for Spike and Gabby. On one hand, raising a child can be heartwarming and sweet (Even if it is a Minotaur) but it also has it's challenges. For one thing, there is this one question they would have to confront: How can they connect with a child who was never among their own to begin with, if they are just barely connecting themselves? Now bear in mind, depending on when this story takes place, either they are still young kids who have known each since being pen pals... OR, even if this was during the future when they were adults, it could be this situation where they seem to know a few things about each other only to realize they themselves still have learning to do. That even though they got along because they have much in common, there are still some 'differences' among them in terms of personality and action that still bodes a bit of a challenge for them.

But who knows? Perhaps raising this son/daughter Minotaur may help to bring them closer together.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Story Idea: Massage

Got this from some other stories where Spike is depicted as a masseur, probably from that one scene of him and Applejack together when he was scratching her back, much to her delight. In the episode Spike At Your Service.

Maybe at some point, Gabby suffers a cramp, a backache, or a wing spasm, I don't know, and Spike either gives her a quick massage to make her feel better. That or they could go to Ponyville Spa, where they meet Rarity who was also having her spa with the other girls.

Well given that brief moment when Spike was able to help Applejack, it would somewhat make sense. The Ponyville spa probably were looking for some extra help and Spike could use the extra bits. If a big muscle-bound Wonderbolt recruit could get work at the Spa, who's to say Spike couldn't?

Granted, 'Spike At Your Service' wasn't one of my favorite episodes of all time, but that's beside the point. Besides, any chance for Spike to help out Gabby is more than enough for him and her to 'get to know each' so to speak.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

With Valentines Day on the way, and a lot of potential shipping fics on the way, I'm hearing Elton John's iconic "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" from Disney's The Lion King. And let's not forget Lady and the Tramp's Bella Notte for the famous spaghetti scene. Or Beauty and the Beast. And of course, Robin Hood's Love Goes On and On.

I think I've been hanging out with the Disney Chronicles way too much.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The gears in my working brain is now turning, fueled by the inspirations I've listed above. It'd be like a mash-up of Disney love songs all combined into one package.

Spike and Gabby going out for dinner (Bella Notte). Later, Spike gives Gabby a personal tour around Canterlot (Can You Feel The Love Tonight). They both reminisce their growing romance and how it started when they were both young, being distant pen-pals closing the distance between one and another, until finally they shared a kiss (Love Goes On and On). Then they danced (Beauty and the Beast).

Well, Disney has known for making wonderfully gifted 'romance' songs. But there 'are' other animated studios who've made decent romance style songs, though most of which was inspired by Disney. For example: Far Longer Than Forever from 'The Swan Princess' (Which is loosely based on the original source material and has notable differences from the ballet).

Oh yes, those songs would fit very well as far as building the romance between Spike and Gabby.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

For example: Far Longer Than Forever from 'The Swan Princess'

That too, yeah.

Especially the credits version. It's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. A shame that Disney decided not to do that movie and instead some other company would try. The same one, I might add, who gave us that 'Alpha and Omega' movie with the wolves.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So about the story idea of Spike and Gabby becoming a couple and trying to make it work with raising a child (a minotaur, to be precise), it reminded me of this song from The Swan Princess–A Royal Family Tale.

Always With You

Now this is a song a mother would sing to her child.

I miss the days when movies like 'The Swan Princess' were hand-drawn, but I'll admit this song is not too bad. If anything, it's a rather catchy tune to say the least.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Yeah, I miss those days too. And Disney just increases that longing tenfold.

But the message of family is still there.

Oh yeah, for sure. Granted, I've hardly seen the modern 'Swan Princess' sequels. I kind of stopped after the second movie. Still, if this song was used as an inspiration for that plot idea mentioned before, I can definitely see some potential on this one.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

And speaking of the Swan Princess (the classic trilogy, I mean), I’m now getting this sudden urge to write some scenarios where Gabby sings some of Odette’s iconic songs like Far Longer Than Forever, The Magic of Love (minus the “Slay dragon” line because that’d be weird), or even No Fear, and That’s What You Do For A Friend (Guest-Star Blueblood, or someone else who was just as deserving to be the butt of all jokes).

Of course, due to Griffonstone’s “No Singing” rule, she’ll have to sing somewhere else.

And Spike would certainly join in, as well as sing his heart out with Because I Love Her from the third movie.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So far I’ve been thinking lots of ideas on stories of how Spike and Gabby can get closer.

But what about the conflicts? Especially a certain marshmallow unicorn who still poses a potential problem for the two.

Before anyone starts, I get that Rarity learned her lesson and that she’s willing to share Spike with Gabby. I still think it’s downright hilarious to see Rarity all desperate and overdramatic because jealousy got to her real hard for her favorite “basket holder/bodyguard,” and I kinda want to see that side of her again.

Just as long as we don’t cross the line between funny jealousy and creepy.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Now that I think about it, this sort of reminds me of this one episode from Ducktales 2017, where Scrooge and Goldie were fighting each other with pickaxe, all the while having a dance. Glomgold, not wanting to be the third wheel just wants in on the action, and repeatedly tries to “cut-in.”

Idea:

Spike and Gabby dancing at the Grand Galloping Gala, and jealous Rarity tries to make Spike jealous by dancing with some random stallion, just to “cut-in?”

Great! Now it’s a throwback to The Adventure of Ichabod Crane and Mr. Toad?

1. Yeah, Griffins have this weird policy of applying the 'no singing' rule in their village for some reason. Which is a shame because 'The Swan Princess' trilogy did have some catchy musical numbers.
2. Aside from the whole conflict with Rarity, other Griffins may not take it very kindly that one of their own has feelings for a Dragon. Sure, we want to assume that eventually there's peace between races, at least as we see in the future. But surely between the events of the final battle with the trio and that future shown in the last episode, there may still be some conflicts between certain species.
3. I can see a slight bit of potential right here. But yeah, that movie is definitely among the planned projects for the series.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Just a crazy idea of mine for anyone.

Say that in this story, Spike was accidentally put inside a mailbox, and he was shipped off to Griffinstone, where he and Gabby meet. Since then, Spike sent an S.O.S. message to Princess Celestia, or Twilight. In the meantime, he spent his time in Griffinstone with Gabby.

I don't know about a 'mailbox' per say, but if he slipped in a package that was on it's way to Griffinstone and Derpy absent-mindedly shipped the package. Fortunately, that package is received by Gabby though what she ordered is beyond me. Maybe she needed some stuff from Ponyville for 'research' I guess, something to help with her own studies about pony life. And maybe if Spike is in no rush to go back, he could make the most of spending a week with Gabby doing whatever they want.

Maybe it would call for a cute little image of Gabby finding Spike in a box, kind of like the end of 'Annie' when Sandy pops out of the present for her on that Christmas night (Not the ending of either movies, but the ending of the staged musical).

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I'm wondering if, before I get into the "Dragon and Griffin with Minotaur" story, I'd consider writing a fanfic with Rarity involved?

Relax. I Pinkie Promise this won't be one of those "jealous ex-lover, ex-crush, or ex-girlfriend, turned yandere stalker" kind of deal. It's another Slice Of Life, which the readers can all relate to.

Rarity feels happy for Spike and Gabby being in a relationship, but still feels sad and incomplete without Spike. Sweetie Belle is in a relationship with Button Mash, Pinkie Pie is engaged to Cheese Sandwich, Fluttershy's friendship with Discord has gotten stronger and more developed, etc. Rarity is dating Capper at the moment, but she hardly felt complete.

Rarity: "Hello darlings!"
The Main Six: (exchange greetings)
Twilight: "Glad we could all make it!"

(after some friendly exchanges were made, Rarity glanced around hopefully)

Rarity: "Is Spikey-Wikey coming?"
Twilight: "Actually, Spike's already made plans with Gabby today."
Rarity: (Disappointed and sad) "Oh... of course... Gabby..."

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Know how Griffonstone doesn't allow any griffins to sing?
Well, maybe another reason Gabby likes coming back to Equestria, besides visiting and hanging out with Spike, is because she's at least allowed to sing her heart out there.

Maybe on a night out, in a karaoke bar, Gabby can sing this song, with Rara!

That would be something to explore. Capper is a handsome chap and he's got that charm. But why wouldn't Rarity truly feel happy? Maybe the problem with her is not about finding the right guy, but rather... There's something else that's been troubling her.

We do know that Gabby 'can' sing, if that one episode is any indication. I'd say a lovely duet with one of the biggest pop stars in Equestria, that being Rara, would make for a wonderful story to see.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Not sure how long the COVID-19 Epidemic will last, or how long it will take for the doctors to find the cure, but until then, Easter is on its way, and with it a brand new idea I've just hatched for another Spike and Gabby (and sometimes, Rarity) story.

Know how both dragons and griffins come from eggs? (Don't ask who comes first...) Well, say that Spike is helping Gabby babysit some griffin eggs, but through some crazy shenanigans, the eggs somehow wind up in Ponyville, and Pinkie Pie accidentally painted them as Easter Eggs, so it's up to Spike and Gabby (and perhaps Rarity) to try and find them, and return them to their parents.

Now that would be a pretty insane egg hunt. But at least they'd be doing it together.

Comment posted by Phantom-Dragon deleted Oct 5th, 2020
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

(Working) Title(s): Family is Love

Synopsis: Spike and Gabby are officially a couple. However, are they ready for the next step? Only time will tell when they raise a child.
Primary Tag(s): Slice of Life
Story Outline:

It's been ten years since former Supreme Rulers Celestia and Luna retired, with Princess Twilight ascending the the role as Supreme Ruler. During her reign, Spike became Twilight's Royal Advisor and the official Friendship Ambassador to all creatures. At the same time, Spike's friendship with Gabby had blossomed into love.

However, they have yet to decide whether they are ready for the next level of their relationship. All that would change, however, when the two young lovers happened to discover a lost child. Their relationship will be put to the test as they work together to care for the child as their own, support its needs, and keep their love strong.

Timeline of the story:

1. Spike and Gabby meet up for a picnic in a beautiful valley. There, they heard a child crying, which they discovered is a minotaur.
  2. They both took pity on the baby, whom they picked up and searched for its family.
  3. After they failed to find its family, Gabby ultimately decides to adopt the minotaur and raise it as her own, since she's always wanted a kid, be it a griffin, a dragon, or even a pony. Spike was unsure at first, before he accepted, because he felt obligated to live up to his duty as Friendship Ambassador to all Creatures.
  4. First, they visit Fluttershy for some tips on how to raise a minotaur. So, she connects them with Iron Will.
  5. After they meet Iron Will, they learned from the loudmouth minotaur what every minotaurs need to grow big and healthy...and loud like him.
  6. Later, they would enroll the young minotaur into the School of Friendship (Starlight's). There, they would catch up on lost times with Pinkie Pie, who is married to Cheese Sandwhich.
  7. They'll also meet up with the Apples(and by extension, Rainbow Dash) and meet Big Mac and Sugarbelle's children.
  8. Of course, they'll also run into Rarity, who is both shock and amazed to hear both Spike and Gabby were raising a child. (Mainly because they have yet to "tie the knot.")

That's all I've got so far for this story, which I would like for it to be the crown jewel of this group, and for Spike and Gabby fics on the site. It's ambitious I know.

But what do you think, Drama?

I see some potential in this story just as I said before. I'll be honest, I thought this story was forgotten after a while. But if this story does prove beneficial, I am curious to see where it goes. Based on what you got so far, it looks to me as if each of these numbered items would make for great chapters. Granted, some details would have to be extended but I do believe this will work.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Great! I haven't forgotten the story completely, I just needed time to think of the settings. Laying the foundations.

So far, all I've got are:

Beginning: Spike and Gabby are a couple.

Rising Action: They found a lost minotaur child, whom they adopted.

Climax: N/A

Falling Action: N/A

Ending: Spike and Gabby are married, with the minotaur as their official child.

Conflict: Raising a minotaur with little to no knowledge on minotaur backgrounds. I'm sure it's every parents' conflict with raising their child, the best they know how, without any knowledge of how the outcome will be.

That just leaves the climax and the falling action, which I've yet thought fully of.

I'm sure you'll think of something.

If we consider how the climax and falling action connect to the conflict, as the falling action represents the tying of loose ends, we know that one of the major driving conflicts is raising a minotaur with the minimal amount of knowledge the two have. Any attempt to learn any more like let's say from Twilight's books or any book store would prove to be nearly a lost cause because most of the available books might be limited in terms of the minotaurs and their behaviors.

Then, there's the matter of how the two might contrast on their viewpoint on raising a child. One half of the party might decide that it would be better to return the Minotaur to its rightful family depending on how they relate to feeling lost and abandoned by their own families. The other half of the party may argue that they could be wasting their time in finding the Minotaur's family because that family might be the type that abandoned their child so cruelly or even if it did have loving parents then chances are they are likely dead.

Perhaps it might stem from the idea that they are trying to raise a child and yet they aren't married. One character might be looking forward to marriage as they feel they are ready for the next step. But the other might be slightly hesitant at first because either they aren't emotionally ready to be ready or they haven't figured out their arrangements or maybe that character 'wants' to propose but doesn't know the best time or place. That might come into conflict later on and yet the addition of this Minotaur might help with their predicament in some form.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Makes a lot of sense now. Thank you again for your time, Drama.

No problem. I sincerely wish the best for this upcoming tale.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Just based on a scene from Cobra Kai where Johnny told Miguel about his history with Ali.

I know it may seem a bit harsh, or bias, but it’s an idea for a scene.

Spike venting about Rarity

Spike: “It was about 9 years ago, when me and Twilight first came to Ponyville. At first, we were there because Twilight was tasked with overseeing preparation for the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration. But everyone were all so welcoming, and friendly, and they all wanted to be our friends. Of course, Twilight didn’t want any friends then.”

???: “What?! But she’s the Princess of Friendship!”

Spike: “Well, she didn’t always start out as a princess. And she wasn’t all that friendly then either. But that’s beside the point. When we were in Ponyville, we were checking the decorations and that’s when I saw her.”

????: “Who?”

Spike: “...Rarity...When I first saw her, I thought she was...amazing...she was beautiful, like a diamond. She’s my diamond in the sky.”

????: “Wow, you must’ve really had it in for her.”

Spike: “I was young back then. I don’t know what I was thinking. And looking back... I kinda regret it...”

????: “Why? What happened?”

Spike: “Well, me and Rarity hung out together and we went collecting gems. I helped her with some shopping, carrying a whole mountain of her loads. I mean, I heard girls love it when a guy is strong and helpful. I treated her like a princess, because I wanted to show her the depth of my devotion. You know what I’m saying?”

????: “Yeah, I hear you. But did it worked? Did you and Rarity became a...a thing?”

Spike: (sigh) “For nearly 9 whole years, I’ve been catering Rarity to her every needs, but she’s always seeing other stallions or male creatures. Finally, I figured right then and there that maybe I’ve been fooling with myself and I should’ve just moved on. So I did.”

????: “Really? How so?”

Spike: “With Gabby... We started out as pen pals. And then, one day, we met. We bonded, and she was the total package. She and I have a lot in common. We both like ice cream, we deliver mails, and unlike all the other griffin, she was very nice.”

“For months, we were bonding and something was blossoming between the two of us, when out of nowhere, Rarity butts in and ruin it all.”

????: “That mare!”

Spike: “I know! The nerve of her! I mean, I don’t get her anymore! We haven’t talked in months, because she was too busy seeing some handsome stallions or some other male creatures, and then she had to come in and interrupt my bonding moments with Gabby.”

Pretty low of Rarity to do so that time. Very low indeed...

Sure she did apologize in the end but still. How would she feel if Spike did that to her? Course, we'd know Spike wouldn't sabotage Rarity's outings with those other boys. He's too nice.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin
EFamily Is Love
Spike and Gabby are officially a couple. However, are they ready for the next step? Only time will tell when they raise a child.
Phantom-Dragon · 3.1k words  ·  17  3 · 1000 views

Man. I hadn’t been giving this story enough love that it needed.

Recap:
Spike and Gabby go on a picnic. Spike was close to proposing to Gabby.

They meet a Minotaur orphan, whom they adopt and named, Gutsy.

Now…how to move forward from there?

Possible scenarios

1. Spike and Gabby adopted Gutsy. They each tried to raise him. Spike tries to raise him like how Twilight’s family raised him, while Gabby tries to raise him like a griffon (which probably involves how mama birds feed their hatchlings…which I wouldn’t recommend when raising a Minotaur). They both messed up big time, Gutsy throws a tantrum. They contacted Iron Will. Iron Will teaches them the basics of raising Minotaurs. Gutsy is happy. Spike and Gabby are married. Or…
  2. Spike and Gabby adopted Gutsy. They contacted Fluttershy, who connects them to Iron Will. Iron Will teaches them the basics. Spike and Gabby raised Gutsy like their own child, who grows up, gets enrolled into Cheerilee’s school, or Starlight’s school. Gutsy gets into trouble with the kids. Family drama between dragon, griffin, and Minotaur. Gutsy runs away, almost got killed, but was saved by Spike and Gabby. Gutsy accepts their new parents. Spike and Gabby are married!
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Also, a new possible story idea:

Girls Night Out

Synopsis: Rarity and Gabby Griffon are hanging out, getting to know one another, and their valued friendship with Spike.

Primary Tag(s): Slice of Life

Story Outline:
After helping Gabby repair her friendship with Spike — that she had unintentionally broke — Rarity invited the griffon mail carrier for a girls night out. Together, both unicorn and griffon got to know more about each other, and their love for the same dragon.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

In the past, I was fond of the idea of Rarity being super jealous that she and Gabby often clashed together for Spike’s love.

But after years have passed, I had some different perspectives and well, I’ve come to realize that it wouldn’t be fair for Spike to watch two of his closest friends fighting against each other, over him.

That’s like watching Batman fighting Superman and vice versa, and you’re stuck in between whose side to pick.

So, I have this new story idea:

What-If: Gabby and Rarity can work together and save Spike from an even bigger yandere?

A yandere who is freakishly scary, but funny, like…Cherry?

”BERRY!”

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 44