The Cult of Raccoon 91 members · 89 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

Hey there everypony! April 1st is coming up, we're all on lockdown, and I've been sick for most of the month!

It's time to break the monotony with...
CRACK-STORM 2020
The writing event where you can flood the site with insane story ideas right in time for April Fools!

Here are the Rules

...Actually?  Buck that! Buck the police!

There’s only one rule, and that rule is that it’s something funny that wouldn’t be written otherwise.

Nonsensical Plots?  What fun is there in making sense!
Your favorite meme?  Dis is da weh brudda!
Strange, drawn out word play?  Go ahead and daw ‘em!
Weird writing?  All of the weird writing!
Out of character actions?  Eh, ya know, do whatever!

THIS ISN'T SERIOUS S***, THIS IS A SERIOUS S***SHOW!
BE LESBIAN HORSES! DO CRIME!!
SET THE SITE ON FIRE FOR ALL I CARE!!!

GO GO GO!!!

SWARM MY MINIONS!  DANCE LIKE LITTLE MEATPUPPETS!!  FILL THE FRONTPAGE WITH NONSENSE!!!  LEEERROOOOOOY JEEENNKIIIIINS!!!!

To Submit a Story

• Write the story, or a chapter: I don't really care if it’s one you’ve already worked on.
    • Make sure it's one that fits the "Random" and "Comedy" tags and fits this contest without getting you in trouble with staff.
  • Post it on FiMfiction in the next couple days, by April 1st, 2020
  • Put a link back to this write-off thread in the story description
  • Add it to THIS GROUP FOLDER
  • ????
  • PROFIT!

And yeah, this is a little short notice: I meant to post this a few weeks back but then I got really sick and it got dropped in the priority list. Better late than never I guess?

Anyway, have at it, and good luck!

Here are some Prompts, in case y'all don't have ideas...

• [Character] Does Crack - In which a character literally just does crack and we get to see some hijinks.
  • Ponyville Mare - A parody of the "Florida Man" meme, where Ponyville is the Equestria equivalent of Florida.
  • Feghoot - An exceptionally silly and convoluded story where, at the end, it is revealed to all be for a stupid pun.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

Of course the batpony responds with "EEEEEE!"

Hey, there is clearly a W before all those Es.

Aight, I'll try to do a thingie.

Emphasis on try. I honestly don't feel much crackhead energy right now. :facehoof:

Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

I'm thinking I might post some ideas, if y'all need prompts.

I wonder if anyone else is gonna submit anything?

I was but not by tomorrow. Just came up with something stupid a couple of hours ago. Bit slow I am.

Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

I'll take submissions until the 3rd.

I have done a thing. I'm not sure if it's quite cracky enough to qualify, but it has been done. I'll add it to the contest group once it's through the queue.

7187023 Okay. Got it to the 1000 word mark and got a couple of days to end it.

Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

Could always proof and post the first part as one chapter and finish it tomorrow.

Oh. Shoot. That's a lot shorter timeframe than I expected. Guess I should have checked back sooner. So much for Button Mash going to prison.

Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

You still have time! Go right ahead!

Sooooo... anything happening now?

Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

I've got 2 more entries I'm holding out for before officially closing it and starting up "Nightmare Night In April", but other than that, the purpose was to get a bunch of stupid and/or insane stories around April 1st, which this succeeded in doing despite my illness delaying me posting the announcement.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20