The Writing Process 280 members · 892 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I need help writing fanfiction

Specifically with... ? Like prose, characters, outlining ... ?

It'd be good to specify what exactly do you need. Coming up with ideas? Structuring the story and fleshing it out? Writing it? Making it sound natural and believable, keeping an eye on its pace and consistency, checking for grammar and spelling errors? Or maybe even translating it? (I apologise if this one is a sore topic or if it sounds impolite, but I saw you writing some comments in Russian, so I presume you're not a native English speaker.)

I need help with everything I just have an idea! And should I even publish fanfiction if the translation is not accurate? .

If that's the case, then I suggest asking around the various editor groups and such for a co-writer that could help you develop the idea.

And should I even publish fanfiction if the translation is not accurate?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by this. Could you please elaborate? :pinkiesmile: Feel free to do so in your native language if it's more comfortable for you. I don't really speak it, but I can understand most of it.

The problem is that I do not know English and I turn on the Translator and it is unfortunately not perfect! Some Words change their meaning when they are translated from Russian into English! .

Yes, they do, and it's even worse with idioms and such. (For example, my language's equivalent of "sly as a fox" directly translates to "lubricated as a fox". You definitely don't want that in a story... :twilightsheepish:) Sadly no translator is perfect, so if you want to write in English, then you need to continue improving your English to make sure that you weed out such errors or you need to find someone capable of translating your stories for you.

First you need to find a partner! I want to write just one story and post it here! I don't care how many people will read my story even if they read it and write me a positive comment, I will be happy with it!.

That's nice. I'm not sure if the translation didn't mess up though, since it doesn't seem like a response to anything I've said though.

7648989 I've got you covered:

If you or the translation make a mistake, it will be only once. After you insert the mistake into the grammar repository, the mistake will always get detected and pointed out to you with a suggestion on how to fix it. You too can be a writer.

Thanks you helped me a lot

I want to say that you must first find a Co-Author and write a story! Translation and Grammar is not a big problem! Some words are distorted but I hope you understand .

Understood. And you're welcome!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13