Cozy Glow 578 members · 943 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

When Cozy got the CMC in trouble and Twilight yelled at them, it seems like she really felt remorse. Why confess about it unless she felt guilty? I don't see how it could have been part of her master plan.

(Honestly, I was so sure Cozy was just going to be a mischievous little scamp who got into well-meaning trouble not a serious antagonist. SOOOO many story ideas thrown out the window. *sigh*. Oh, well. She'll be out on parole/escaped next season.)

Here is how it could have been part of the plan....confessing would earn her the trust of everypony. She wants that trust so she can go through with her plans. If they don't trust her, her plans won't be able to take shape.

the dobermans
Group Admin

confessing would earn her the trust of everypony

Seconded. Also, Cozy Glow associates with the CMC because she knows that they're well-trusted and liked by every pony. I can't actually think of anything she does that isn't part of her plan. The only time she seems to lose composure is when the plan goes awry.

Well, like the other said, it was all part of her master plan:ajsleepy:. Still, I really don't like the idea that the princess sent a foal to Tartarus:twilightangry2:!!! The least they could've done was make her at the age of a teenager instead of having her be at the CMC's age! I'm sorry but, even if Cozy was completely and utterly evil, the idea of a foal being sent to Tartarus is just wrong in my eyes:fluttershyouch::pinkiesick:!

That's called having a moral compass.

Which is why, by the time I get to the eight season of my series, I'm gonna be changing things up a bit, especially regarding the Season 9 finale:ajsmug:. That, along with a couple of pictures, and a few more blogs regarding Cozy, have helped set that in motion:twilightsmile:.

the dobermans
Group Admin

Can't disagree. But at the same time, it's comedy gold. Because I mean, who does that? :trollestia:

[EDIT: in all seriousness, I thought it was a bold move on the part of the writers. They were going for the unexpected, and they nailed it. It's so wrong, in a way, it's right]

Well, maybe for you but definitely not for me:fluttershyouch:. Like I said, I plant to fix all of that right up when I get to it:raritywink:.

the dobermans
Group Admin

I look forward to reading when you're done!

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it:scootangel:! As soon as I get through the next seven seasons that is:twilightblush:.

At this moment in time, I am working on a Cozy Glow story set in the EG world (could well be the very first). It's been added to this group, in anybody's intetested. To clarify, its EG Cozy Glow, not Pony Glow in the EqG setting.

Honestly to me it doesn't matter if she's a foal or not - a threat so serious you can't take any chances is the same regardless of what form it takes.

Cozy Glow, however, is no threat. Lock up your fucking artifacts of doom, screen letters coming from and going to Tartarus, and keep an eye on her (boarding school, mayhaps?) and give her the counselling she clearly needs. Get to the root of the problem and HELP her, not lock her away like the failed test paper you don't want anyone to see.

Took the words right out of my mouth:ajsmug:.

Her age is actually kind of ambiguous - she looks about the CMC's size and they treat her as a peer, and they're victims of the show's frozen character designs. So she could be anywhere from their current age to the age they were introduced as years ago with basically the same models, and good luck getting fans to agree on those.

(For my fic, I have her as a naturally small and young-looking fourteen-year-old.)

Do you think just throwng her in prison, rather than Tartarus, would have worked or fallen short?

I agree that Tartarus is for threats. Prison, on the other hand, is generally based as much if not more on one,s past actions as future capacity for wrongdoing.

the dobermans
Group Admin

Good question. Maybe solitary confinement would work, as she wouldn't have much opportunity to coerce the guards. That might amount to Tartarus, though.

I've been thinking a bit about her situation, and remembered that ponies, in general, appear to be far more resilient than humans (for example, being locked anywhere alone for 1000 years like Luna was would put any human into a vegetative state). It may be that even children such as Cozy Glow are able to withstand situations that would be extremely damaging to human minds.

Well not to shill (okay totally to shill) but my story opens with Cozy having been in solitary confinement for a week and possibly having gone slightly nutty. There's also discussion of possible long-term options.

Looking at the show in general, it seems pony minds both break and recover quicker than human ones - often, both within 22 minutes!

And I don't think Luna was exactly awake.

the dobermans
Group Admin

pony minds both break and recover quicker

Fair point, especially if we're talking about Twilight or Pinkie. :twilightoops: :pinkiecrazy:

having gone slightly nutty

I like it.

Yeah - meta aside, I suspect they have something like a mental bungee - though more lasting mental conditions don't seem unknown either.

I like it.

The idea, or the fic? Because if you've read it, I always welcome comments ...

What would this fic be titled? It isn't "The Trial of Cozy Glow" is it?

Indeed, although not the only one by that name.

Okay just making sure.

Chances are, Cozy Glow was herself a victim of misplaced blame in her past, and likely knew that the CMC were well-known by Twilight and her friends for years, so she was apparent to the hypocrisy behind Twilights' Judgement enough that she didn't see fit to have them suffer the same way. And technically-speaking Cozy Glow did get one answer correct:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24