Jinglemas 485 members · 646 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Shakespearicles
Group Admin

What is a Jinglemas?
Jinglemas is an annual tradition on Fimfiction to exchange stories around the holidays with users on the site. It's easy to get caught up in the fandom drama of the hour or find ourselves lost in our own corners of this website. This single event allows all Fimfiction users to come together and celebrate the reason for the season. Ponies!

How do I Participate?
See the Rules.

Am I allowed to request a more specific fic than "Two characters and a genre?"
You can submit two ponies, and a few small details on what you'd like to see, but in general, we prefer to ask the participants to keep the request specifics short, to allow the writers the leeway to not only write a story they want to write, but feel confident in getting out in a short time frame.
For Example: "I want to have Twilight and Fluttershy in it. It would be nice if it was an EQG comedy, but not a shipfic."

Are we allowed to request G5 characters? Can my request include G4 and G5 character?
Yes, and yes!

I enrolled. What should I do while I wait for my writing assignment?
Signal Boost! Write a blog post telling your followers about this event and encourage them to participate! The more the merrier!

What if my Secret Santa requests something against the rules?
Our crack team is pretty good at informing participants what is and isn't okay to request. If there's something we missed, please let us know. We'd like to keep all stories between E and T.

What if I don't want to write my prompt?
If you think that there is a possibility you will not be able to complete your prompt within the given time, please take a moment to be sure you are serious about joining this collaboration. These stories are essentially holiday gifts. How would you feel if you didn't get a gift on a holiday celebration where everyone gets one?

Well, I did my best, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I didn't get it done... what now?
Send Shakespearicles a PM with whatever writing you DID complete. We will be keeping track of those who are unable to complete their prompts and reserve the ability to re-consider their status for future Jinglemas celebrations if absolutely no writing was completed.

Will I get the name of who I'm writing a story for?
Yes. Feel free to research them if you feel like you'll be able to write the story better, but keep in mind, the person who you are assigned has no bearing on if you should write the story or not. ;)

I didn't get my story in year 20XX. Why should I sign up this year?
One word: Breezies!

What is a Breezie?
A Breezie is a Jinglemas participant whose job is to not only complete their requested story, but will have themselves available to complete additional stories for participants who 'drop the ball' and don't complete theirs. They will need to be available from December 14th to December 23rd to help complete stories and make Jinglemas a roaring success! If you write a story, I, Shakespearicles, do hereby give you my personal, World's Strongest Writer™ guarantee, that you absolutely will receive your requested story in return!

I feel like being a wonderful person; How do I become a Breezie?
Join the Discord and request the Breezie role!

Do I get any perks as a Breezie?
Not really. You'll get access to an exclusive Jinglemas Discord chat in which we will be using to help organize Jinglemas and future collab events. A Breezie is a voluntary position, but it is a serious position. Please only consider signing up if you plan to complete one additional story.

When and how do I submit my story?
Read the Rules.

What if my story is late?
If you can't meet the posting date you've been assigned, you've officially earned a "Jinglemas Warning". A Breezie will be tasked to write your recipient a story if you cannot make it in a timely fashion. The following year, if you participate, you will be matched with other people who have had warnings. If you send the story before the deadline next year, we remove your warning.

My story is done! But I can't post on my pod's date because of [reason]. What do I do??
IF FOR ANY REASON your story is completed, BUT you cannot post it on your given pod day, I recommend that you send the story to your recipient as soon as possible to your recipient as an Unsubmitted story link WITH A PASSWORD. (Unposted Stories on Fimfiction are not visible if they do not have a password.)

It's the day after I posted... But I didn't receive my story. What do I do?
Send me a PM and we will get the situation fixed :)

What is love?
Baby don't hurt me!

I have a different question that wasn't answered here!
Respond to this post (so I get a notification) or send me a PM. I will answer it as soon as possible.

What is love?
Baby don't hurt me!

:rainbowlaugh:

Seriously though, I have a question:

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

24 miles per hour or 11 meters per second apparently. Interesting.

Are we allowed to request G5 characters or is it exclusive to G4? If it can include G5 can it have both G4 and G5?

Is it African or European?

Ah, European :).

Also, your post taught me a new kind of bird I have never heard of before. :)

Shakespearicles
Group Admin

Are we allowed to request G5 characters

Yes!

can it have both G4 and G5?

Yes!

Well, I was going to ask for the Dazzlings, but that's three characters. Back to the drawing board.

Can we request a specific pod / posting date? Like if I’m going to not have internet for a couple days over Christmas, but I will when I get back?

Shakespearicles
Group Admin

PM me directly regarding this once you get your assignment date and I can work with you.

Little late, I already found a work around. Maybe next year. XD

Shakespearicles
Group Admin

I have a different question that wasn't answered here!
Respond to this post (so I get a notification) or send me a PM. I will answer it as soon as possible.

Directly replying to the original post would have given me a prompt notification.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14