Hiver’s Pageverse 201 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Sipioc
Group Admin

An interesting thought was brought up in the last entry.

What other stories can Page adapt to this world?

What would be some changes?

Well I guess Game of throne as a no brainer as a first choice, how about Hunger Games or lord of the rings for generalists, I would go with alien, I think it was done actually, harry potter.

I'd like to see him adapt the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Some changes:
Obviously, the technology would be different. I would say Iron Mare woud be a pony that made a living on making products that amplified certain spells. So, say there's a spell that makes things explode. Strap a rocket on it and put it through the "Stark" Industries explosive amplifier, and BOOM, you have missiles.

Iron Mare: The 'Arc Reacoter simply amplifies all of the spells (Plus, she can create technology far more advanced then Equestria as well.)
Hulk: Experimenting with Earth Pony Magic gives Pony Banner the ability to transform into a rage monster with extreme strength.
Captain America: She can be a pony that fought for Equestria in the War against Sombra.
Black Widow and Hawkeye are about the same.
Doctor Stange: Would be a part of a Time Lord-like cult.
Scarlet Witch: Basically amplified magic
Black Panther: As long as its in Zebrica...
Spider-Mare: Pretty much the same.
Ant-Mare and Wasp: innovation in shrinking magic
Falcon: Earth Pony with mechanical Pegasus wings

You get me?

The Infinity Stones can remain the same. They're just called magical artifacts, like the Elements of Harmony.

If he's well-read, Sherlock Holmes, Alice in Wonderland, maybe even some non-sci-fi stories like Bridge of Birds.

Of course, Poe/Lovecraft if he were going towards the 'terror genre', and hard sci-fi like Ender's Game saga.

I think any manga's that he might know or kids books, one of my Fave series was called "Animorphs" from back in 2000, trust me it's a good series with 52 main books and several side books too.

Sipioc
Group Admin

I remember those, would be interesting for a pony take on that concept.

Sipioc
Group Admin

I could see it. Though.... I only see one mare as Cap.

I think Enders Game and the rest of the Ender-verse would be an interesting adaptation

Well, maybe Page fan base the character off of her?

Harry Potter and Harry Dresden, thought how to adapt stories about hidden magic to a world with free magic is harder... Could focus on just the job/plot portion. A story of magic school and a dark wizard. Maybe the hidden part is it's for earth ponies and pegasus to, so an alternate casting.
Harry Dresden could just be a private mage dealing with a lot of a towns troubles. Rather than people not believing he's a wizard, they don't believe he's competent since he was given a black mark by the official guilds.

Firefly would be interesting. Oooo Jackie Chan Adventures could be like Daring Do crossed with the Main six in a sense. I like the JCA idea... an archaeologist with an old wizard uncle and young filly tangled up with some sealed dragon sorcerer's attempt to be freed.

Harry potter, battlestar galactica, the Sharpe series, maybe star trek? Hobbit definitely, firefly possibly or at least the space western thing. Starcraft or 40k for a touch of horror, Naruto?

Lord of the Rings. Firefly. A song of ice and fire (though that might be a bit too brutal for ponies). Back to the Future. Maybe a few of the Discworld Novels?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12