The Barcast 1,118 members · 2,298 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Milk_Barcast
Group Admin

Hello again Barflies, we’re back!

After a month off of messing around and relaxing, we’ve returned with some exciting changes. Rest assured, we’re still going to be interviewing names in the fanfic, fan music, and other fan media world, but we’ll also be doing other stuff.

First of all, many of you may be aware of Shitfaced Shitfics. For this, we read bad fanfics together and drink. This is now going to become a monthly feature, taking the place of one of the weekly interviews. We will read not only MLP bad fanfics, but just… really bad fanfics from around the web (think awful Naruto, Avengers, and Linkin Park fanfics!). We’ll also regularly be inviting guests on and forcing them to read these fanfics with us! Want to see your favorite writer suffering through reading bad Super Smash Bros fanfics? Recommend them and we’ll try to get them on!

Once a month, we’ll also be having a game night. We’re still fixing this up, but it will take the form of games we play with just the six of us as well as games many viewers can play along with us! Want to try Cards Against Barcast? Jackbox games? Force us to react to horrifying images and see who can freak us out the most? These and more are all options. We may also do server nights and tourneys with prizes. You can keep up to date on that by joining our discord HERE: https://discord.gg/BYzpUEf

This will NOT take the place of Screaming Closet, which will still be going on whenever Priest and Pencil feel like.

We’ll also have parties, art streams, and TONS more in the works that we’ll announce as we prep them! Why are we doing this? We know some of you are wondering. Well, after four years, we want to change it up. We want things to be exciting to you guys, and also we want to have fun as well! We know change feels weird, but we agreed this is something we wanted to do. We’ll still interview folks with your questions, and we’ll still be coming at ya on Twitch on Fridays and/or Saturdays. But we’ll be doing these other things instead some of the time. https://www.twitch.tv/mikesnipe/

So get hype! We’ll see you this Saturday for the first scheduled round of SFSF. Priest is probably going to cry, so we recommend you tune in. Thanks for sticking with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the chat!

Love,
Your Barcast

anonpencil
Group Admin

I selected the stories for this week... be frightened, they are truly bad.

Sounds totally awesome le possum!

This sounds great!

This sounds wonderfully exciting, I can't wait to see what shit you all are going to get up to

Woop woop!

I know it's an old one, but if you guys haven't done the Eye or Argon, you need to. It's the original and best shitfic.

I feel the... is it still called “hype?”

Is that what everyone is calling it these days?

Will you be restarting the Writer's Workshop readings?

Milk_Barcast
Group Admin

more than likely not at this time. Maybe if we can get some time dedicated to it in the future.

A legit thanks for the answer. I submitted at least one fic to it, and I'm kinda used to having this stuff canceled on me before it goes through. ;p But I do understand time management. So again, thank you. :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13