The Break Away Collab Group 29 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
cleverpun
Group Admin

Please reply to this thread so that I know who is actually paying attention. Anyone who doesn't reply to this thread will receive a series of increasingly needy PMs until I am sure everyone is aware of the deadline.

After some discussion, I have decided that the best way to handle the scheduling is to have a time for writing and a time for editing. I hope this entire project is done before summer is over, so I feel that three weeks of writing and 1-2 weeks of editing should be enough for everyone to finish.

Some have already started working on drafts, and this is great. It means that you will have more time to polish and edit your chapters, and I will be able to give them a more thorough editing pass (even more than one, as time permits).

I would prefer if everyone prioritizes finishing their chapter over editing other chapters, but if you feel you can do both, then that is wonderful! I hope everyone will at least read the chapter directly preceding theirs, but I understand that it is going to be a lot of reading.

FanOfMostEverything
Group Contributor

Good to have a concrete deadline to focus on. I'd better get to work.

Sollace
Group Contributor

It begins...

I've still exams this week, so I'd like to say I can't work on it this week. (knowing me, I probably will anyway).

Ya do have me thinking about it, though. :pinkiecrazy:

Are we planning to have these all in in one go, then? Or are we still planning to do baton passes once people can see preceding chapters?

Moosetasm
Group Contributor

Well, time to get to work on my trashy romance novel chapter for this thing.

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

Rainbow's chapter is almost done, but Pinkie's hasn't been started yet.

We're posting them all at once? I'd figured we would post them one at a time.

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

Rainbow Dash is done! Just awaiting the Final Review.

Right, that's why I was asking. My thought was that it was 'Person X finishes their bit, so Y can see it before doing theirs' and so on.

cleverpun
Group Admin

5984663 Everyone should already know what the broad strokes of their chapter is. If there are some details or adjustments that hinge on the preceding chapters, then make a forum post or PM the person writing that chapter :twilightsmile:

5984791 My plan was to have all the chapters ready for posting, then post one a day for two weeks. Usually, I post finished stories all in one chunk, but some contributors correctly pointed out that this story isn't quite the same as a finished continuous story.

The upshot here is that there will be wiggle room for final edits and adjustments, but I would appreciate it greatly if people use that for only small things. All major revisions and drafts should be done before the story goes live.

cleverpun
Group Admin

5984657 Education is more important than ponies. Go work on your exams; there'll be plenty of time afterwards for pony words :twilightsmile:

Sollace
Group Contributor

:unsuresweetie:

Best case scenario, I can have it done in 5 day. (my first draft is (close to) my last draft)

No Raisin
Group Contributor

Damnit man, I have work to not do! :raritycry:

Chris
Group Contributor

Message received, cap'n!

Now I just need to finish writing something...

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

Roger. Sorry I didn't respond to the last PM, I've been spinning my wheels lately. I shall get on track.

Winston
Group Contributor

Message received.

cleverpun
Group Admin

5986902 No worries. For someone as...voluminous as yourself, I imagine some time doing nothing is healthy :raritywink:

nioniosbbbb
Group Contributor

I'll start first thing 27 of this month.

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

A sedenary lifestyle is how one becomes volumnous in the first place. :raritydespair:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20