Flashfic 253 members · 77 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Loganberry
Group Admin

I'm not in good health at the moment (nothing too serious, don't worry), so I'll keep this short and sweet. The December FF150 contest is now open for business!

Here are the full rules.

Remember, there is no prize, as such, for this contest -- but if you win, you will be able to choose the prompt for the next contest. You'll also get a mention on the group's front page. You won't get taken through a portal to Equestria and transformed into a red and black alicorn who wields all six Elements of Harmony and saves the world when the Mane Six are useless. Well, okay, I can't entirely rule that out. But it won't be because of this. So, off you go! :twilightsmile:

Prompt: "I Didn't Do It!" (selected by last month's winner, Somerset Cider)
Rating: E or T
Word limit: 150
Closing date: Friday 21st December 2018, 11:59 pm UK time (world clock)

Please reply to this post with your entry. This makes it easier for me to keep track. Please do not leave feedback until after the closing date.

Entries are now open! Have fun!

Well here we are. A full year has past since I participated in these flashfics.

........but let's not go into past trauma and focus on the now. Let's see, what can I tell you about this story? I might be pushing my luck with this one, but the way I present it seems to fit in with the prompt.

I do find the title very ironic though.

Stitching It Together

Within the interior of the Carousel Boutique, the ever systematic Rarity is filling out request orders for her clients.

"Would like something that can fit both a stallion and a mare." She packages an oriental attire.

"Something that says 'Courageous Hero'," she levitates two tunics, "Shamrock or Cerulean? ............Shamrock,"

Rarity hummed on the next one, "Best formal dress." She began searching through piles of clothes, tossing aside garbs one by one. "Just where is it?"

The sound of hoofsteps suddenly came tapping down the stairs and Rarity saw her sister passing by.

"Sweetie Belle."

"Y-yes?" her sister replied sounding antsy.

"I'm having trouble finding something. Have you seen a yellow dress?"

"DRESSwhatdressIdidn'tseeanydressbeenoutalldaywithmyfriendsdoingfriendshipstuffyupmeScootsandBloomdoingfriendshipstuffalldaybecausewe'refriendsandthat'swhatfriendsdoFRINDSHIPISMAGIC!!!!!!"

Rarity looks at her sister with perusing eyes; completely bewildered at that startling speech of hers. She's tense and is looking everywhere else to avoid any eye contact.

"..............gotta go." Sweetie states as she bolts out the door.

Not immediately feeling a feghoot from this, even though it would seem to support such silliness, so see you next month!

This is proving tricky, so I'm taking the obvious route. Sorry. Not my best, but I'm not on top form this month.

The Technicalities of a Child's Excuses

Apple Bloom gulped. “Nopony did it! It could’ve fallen out accidentally!”

Applejack snorted. “Right. The cookie jar jumped out the cupboard. From the back. Behind stuff. And smashed on the floor over there.” She turned to Sweetie Belle. “You?”

“No… I mean, I thought about taking cookies, but I never got there in time.”

Anyone that stupidly honest had to be innocent.

“But… I… watched it happen.”

Applejack pouted. “So, seen who done it?”

Outside, Winona barked. Sweetie Belle’s eyes darted nervously to Scootaloo.

“Not me!” said Scootaloo. “I just took the apple tarts. And the fritters. But not the cookies!”

“So who took them!?” insisted Applejack.

Winona rushed indoors, her coat trailing crumbs.

All three hung their heads. “We trained Winona to fetch them,” mumbled Apple Bloom.

Applejack sighed. “'Plausible deniability', huh? Tried sneaking around your conscience? Never works. Least you’re lucky: Granny never caught you trying that trick…”

Here’s my little try
Books and Scripts and Thing with Words.

Twilight groaned. Why was she asleep in the library? Then she looked again. She realized where she was.

Since she had never fallen asleep on top of a stack of books, and she certainly had not taken all the books off her library’s shelf and piled them in random order, Twilight guessed what had happened.

Now who might it be. She ran through lists in her mind. Gilda? No, she wasn’t in the area. Pinkie? Not enough confetti. She finally settling on her culprit.

“Rainbow Dash! You need to explain this! NOW!” Twilight took a deep breath. She waited.

“Didn’t do it.” came a voice. It was coming from the bottom of the pile, under a pile of play scripts. Twilight smiled, shaking her head and rolling her eyes.

“Of course, Dash. It's not like you were caught in the act. Or maybe the second one. It's often more interesting.

Well I thought I'd give this a go again. I actually found it a little difficult to write something for this topic not because I didn't have ideas more so the ideas I did have I could not compress well enough shows I need to practice more. I'm hoping at least I've dun worded good this time :P

Love
"Love is powerful it can break down barriers, unite many as a whole and even heal unseen wounds. But there are those out there who use it as a weapon. It can be used to lure away those you protected. Fool them in to changing themselves so completely they resemble nothing of what they once were. It's heart breaking to see all those you once loved turn away from you. So how do you combat this, how do you help those that have been so blinded by false love that they hail them as saviours. By firstly rejecting that falsehood. I took that first step I rejected their insipid love when it was flaunted at me I didn't do it, as you didn't. Now we build a greater love my children one that will bring them all back"
She fondly strokes over the jet black heads of the two drones.

Loganberry
Group Admin

Four entries so far -- can we get any more before submissions close? Thanks to everyone who's given it a go so far. :twilightsmile:

Around 27 hours to go!

Loganberry
Group Admin

Just under eight hours to go.

Loganberry
Group Admin

6681928 6689983 6693098 6700808

And time's up, everyone.

Just the four entries once again, but of course thank you to everyone who did enter. :twilightsmile: A special welcome to Book_Wyrm, and a welcome back to Ursa.

I'll aim to pick a winner by the end of the weekend, given it's Christmas.

Feedback is open!

Loganberry
Group Admin

6681928 6689983 6693098 6700808

Hmm. No feedback either? I have a feeling that maybe... anyway, on to the results for this month. And though you say it's obvious, sometimes that works, and it did for me. As such, Impossible Numbers, you can chalk up another win. :twilightsmile:

Usual setup: please think up a prompt for January and then post it here. There will definitely be a January contest, whatever else happens!

I am at last free from the madness of finishing my novel and will try to make this a priority next month. :rainbowdetermined2:

It's near Christmas, so everyone's probably off celebrating, mostly.

I wanted to do a story for this one where the main character literally didn't do what they were being accused of, but nothing ever solidified in my mind for it, not to mention both being busy and not feeling great around when the deadline came up. I should have written something the other couple weeks, of course. I dunno. Haven't been in much of a writey mood lately.

--Sweetie Belle

I saw! Congratulations on that front, comrade. :rainbowdetermined2:

While I'd considered leaving feedback for these stories here, I'm sorry to say I just wasn't in the right mindset when push came to shove. Hopefully, I will be on for delivering critiques next month (take my participation as a given :raritywink:).

As for prompts... Hm, which Element of Harmony haven't I used yet? Ah, got it:

"Honesty Ain't the Best Policy"

(Minor note: Is the forum missing a few threads? I went back just now to check previous prompts, and I swear there are gaps.)

(Minor note: Is the forum missing a few threads? I went back just now to check previous prompts, and I swear there are gaps.)

Ceffyl Dwr deleted their account. Taking all the connections they had with the site along with them.

Wait what?! Ceffyl ghosted? :fluttercry:

Loganberry
Group Admin

So it seems. I hadn't realised until now. What a shame -- I hope Ceffyl Dwr is all right, at least.

Mind you, I'd only recently realised JohnPerry had done the same (though that doesn't affect this group). Nothing I can do about it, unfortunately -- when someone chooses to do that, all their content disappears. I believe they have a short cooling-off period in which they have the chance to un-nuke, but after that it's gone for good.

I hadn't realised that, either. I hope he's all right, too.

I wish he'd let me know. I'll miss him, and, more pragmatically, it means I have one less admin in the SSPB...

--Sweetie Belle

Loganberry
Group Admin

Before I forget, prompt accepted. :twilightsmile: I'll try to put it up on 1 January, but given the date don't be surprised if it's a day or so either side. If it's not up by the end of the 2nd, feel free to yell at me by PM.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18