• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
Woodrow Wilson
Group Admin

Gay or straight?

Just pick one.

Woodrow Wilson
Group Admin

It's for a story

...I think I'm going to need more information here.

All of the above.

Again, why not both? Bisexual characters exist.

I'm assuming it's less a matter of sexual orientation as such, and more one of configuring a pairing.

What puzzles me is the implication that either one is equally valid in regards to the plot, which is usually not the case for stories where it would be an important factor.

Woodrow Wilson
Group Admin

To me
Romance
Is
Life

And yes, the pairing. I just couldn't word it right.

To be fair, a lot of people tend to overreact to the little things in a story. Such as a character turning out to be gay when kissing someone of the same sex. But yeah, I doubt the romance aspect of it would be important to the plot. Unless of course, it was a romantic comedy or the author made the romance subplot interesting and made it so it holds some actual weight to the overall story. Which is pretty difficult to do in my opinion.

Woodrow Wilson
Group Admin

I mean, to MW, I find it significant because the main plot is the MC is the last pony alive, and they have a companion of an undecided gender, which will be decided from these polls, that will affect the storyline cause they're he last equians or whatever.

Well, in that case, I think you should make the MC straight. Because if they and their companion are the only ones left alive, then it might make more sense because how else would they repopulate?

My pefrence is straight but there is nothing wrong with gay.

Woodrow Wilson
Group Admin

Well, he originally was the only one until he 'created' or more likely grew them from a birth cell or whatever. So...

Still, repopulation seems to be the top priority when it comes to literal last man standing scenarios for some reason.

If it's a female character, make her a lesbian, lesbians always make better female characters but if it is a male, make him straight.

Woodrow Wilson
Group Admin

well, maybe it comes as a last resort to him, as he is in a state of fear and panic. the last thing he would think about would be repopulation.

Unless he's a pervert. But I don't think that's the case.

Woodrow Wilson
Group Admin

i believe, that from where he is in the story NOW he would be in the case that repopulation seems like a really bad idea because what he witnessed should be witnessed by no other than the others that he created, which is only one, for now.

Well it's good that he has his priorities straight, even if he is traumatized.

Woodrow Wilson
Group Admin

i believe it is good, which makes re-population his definite last resort because this would and better be off as the end of the pony race as they knew it, and he believes already that you should look at the story to learn more when the first chapter comes out.
🎩
😎👉👉
👕
👖
👢

that will affect the storyline

See, that's what puzzles me. Shouldn't the answer to this question be kinda inherent to your plot?

Like, if you know that it will make a difference, you should be able to see which of them is more suitable for the story you intend to tell.

Woodrow Wilson
Group Admin

the story i intend to tell is still in the making, i know the basics, it's just not fleshed out enough to know the final destination.

ya know?

like, it breathes through my hand's actions, coming right of the top of my head, then i fix it up, have it make sense , before submitting it out to see what society wants to know of it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24