Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Title: Chaos Theory; or, the Very Bad Breakfast

By: Silent Whisper

Rating: Everyone

Words Read: 1926 (all)

Tags: MLP:MLP: FiM, Comedy, Random, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity

Description:

It is astounding what one can accomplish over breakfast. Breaking the laws of reality wasn't quite what Rainbow Dash had in mind during this particular brunch. She wasn't really in the mood for a lecture on the matter, either, but Twilight was eager to provide one.

Warning for chaos, breakfast foods, and the general nonsense that comes with writing absolute madness.

Thank you to Cynewulf and Axolu for taking my silliness seriously. Very seriously.

Featured on 11/27! Thank you all so much!

Chaos Theory follows closely to the promises of its tags; an appreciation for random comedy is critical to enjoying this story. The characterization of Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Rarity are slightly twisted for the purposes of humour, but none of their behaviours strays far from what would be expected, making it all the more hilarious to think that this is somehow within the realm of the possible.

Structurally, the conversations can get cluttered because of the author's preference for large paragraphs, which has a habit of merging and muddling actions from the dialogue. However, it also succeeds in making the reader take time to digest the events transpiring in the story, almost as if the syntax's chaos is part of the story's chaos and the reader is going along with the characters, trying to work their way through it.

I disclaim that I do not believe some humour is fit for an "Everyone" rating. To reveal exactly what and why would ruin some of the humour, but be assured that nothing is explicit, just that it can fit a "Teen" tag as easily as "Everyone."

For the purpose and pursuit of comedy and randomness, I rate this story: 4/5 Monty Pythons

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1