Christian Bronies of the Reformation 92 members · 227 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

So, I was re-watching the My Little Dashie Mini-Movie when I had another one of those epiphanies: a lot like the one I had about the Changelings in a past review, only this one found yet another very peculiar point...

None other than the persisting mystery that was Rainbow Dash's color scheme.

Oh yes, I'm going there.

For close to seven years now: people have speculated without foundation that her rainbow colors and characteristics signified her as the lesbian character, because tomboys don't exist anymore, apparently. But, I'm digressing.

In the book of Genesis- more specifically, the story of Noah and the Ark -what does God give us as a reminder of his promise to never cover the earth in water again? You guessed it, arainbow. The original meaning to the symbol that is the rainbow is signifying a promise that cannot and will not ever be broken.

And what element does Rainbow Dash embody?

Loyalty. An element that relies entirely upon someone to vow- whether to themselves or openly -to never leave a belief or friend behind, and a quality that binds them to their word and forbids them to break it.

Loyalty is key to making promises, and Rainbow Dash bears the symbol of the ultimate promise.

Did I blow your mind yet?

Something I am actually tying into my own main story is the notion that the MLP show was developed on Earth as part of a sort of injection of balance into a time of increasing madness. Not to fix things directly, but to partially buy more time as other factors play out. Lot more nuances involved, but that would depart from the topic.

Personally, the more I've thought about MLP:FiM, the more I've noticed it's even more special. Whatever the exact origins of the show are, I am convinced that, conscious or not, it was guided by forces beyond us. At a time when many people needed it. The rise of the bronies is proof enough of just how many people it's touched, and you know there are still more fans of the show that don't call themselves bronies.

Interesting connection you made.

Did I blow your mind yet?

What blows my mind is that you believe that there was a time when rainbows weren't possible. For that to be true, the Sun would only have to radiate light in a single spectrum line. However, that would mean that people wouldn't be able to distinguish colors. So, if you believe that there were no rainbows at one point, you also have to believe that people were essentially colorblind. Do you really believe that?

Well, you did a pretty good job of blowing people's minds yesterday with this concept, so good job here, too :pinkiehappy:

Time Reaper
Group Admin

Actually, there's a story here that touched that although slightly. But I do commend you on making that connection.

No, I don't believe that. You're assuming that the ecosystem and weather and atmosphere of the earth has always worked in the same way, which is a scientific impossibility in both of our beliefs. Water didn't always fall from the sky, to begin with.

If you wish to turn everything into a debate, I'm sorry to say there will be times where you will be disappointed, my friend.

Indeed! I couldn't agree more.

And thank you! :twilightsmile:

Indeed?
Would you mind directing me to that? Sounds interesting! :pinkiehappy:

Time Reaper
Group Admin

It was this one, granted, it was just for one moment but it was what you mentioned here. To be fair, I think it could be expanded but I don't have the time to write a story with the MLP cast touching The Bible.

Thanks! :pinkiehappy:
And I know what you mean. I prefer to work like Tolkien and do it subtly, myself. :twilightsmile:

Time Reaper
Group Admin

You welcome, I wish you for the best.

Hmm... less like an explosion, and more like a light switch turning on. When I read the connection you made, my thoughts just went "... Oh." Thank you for that moment.

No problem, I find those are the more precious. :twilightsmile:

5991538 Why won't you debate me? :fluttercry:

Oh, I'm happy to, just not in this thread. If I come across you elsewhere, and there is a legitimate need for me to enter the debate: I'll step in, my friend. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16