Talk It Out 90 members · 98 stories
Comments ( 83 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 83

I originally joined this site with the intention to write fan fiction, which I did. Then, I heard of Alicorn Twilight and the childish drama it sparked for no real reason. And I preyed on the butthurt of those bronies because I felt they deserved it for showing their true colors, that their policy of "love and tolerate" was a farce all along. I had come here to write fan fiction as a non-brony and partake in group forums to give my healthy opinions. But alas, I was stampeded on for having different opinions and for not being a sycophant. I became an anti-brony, vowing to either stamp out bronies or bring them back to the way they used to be.

I'm an anti-brony because "love and tolerate" is dead. I continue to sneer at many bronies, but their unhealthy retaliation is not making things any better. And then I found this group. So I seek rational, reasonable, and healthy advice. And maybe I can recommend this group to others who may need psychological help.

Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

5475432 Teach 'em the meanings of the acronyms IRYO (I Respect Your Opinion) and IAWY (I Agree With You).

5475464 I've tried that, but now these people will not listen to me. It's gotten to the point where they might just see me as a bad person instead of a good person who harmlessly trolls bronies because of their childish reactions to things from the series.

5475432 My advice is to ignore the haters. The reason this site is filled with a lot of drama is because whenever you bring large groups of people with differing opinions together in one place, there is bound to be drama of some kind.

But there is a way to battle the drama. And that is simply to just not let yourself get involved in it. If someone tries to pick a fight with you, just tell them you aren't interested in having an argument and walk away. Or simply just ignore them. The only power that haters have is if they can get under your skin and cause you to argue/ fight with them. But if you take that power away from them by just walking away from the fight, there is literally nothing they can do.

Focus on the people on the site who care about you, and ignore the rest. Because those people are at a different stage of maturity and still need to learn how to act like an adult/ solve conflicts in a mature way. So don't stoop to their level. Rise above it and be a force of a positivity.

If you don't like something in the world, the way you fight it is to just keep being positive, ignore negative influences, and show people through your actions the correct way to go about doing things.

I hope that this was able to help you a bit. If you ever have any questions ot just need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. :)

5475480 It's very good advice, yes. But now, I have to deal with haters who seem to be stalking me.

5475484 If you feel that you are being threatened or stalked by people on the site, I would suggest reporting the people who are doing it to the site admins. The site admins are usually pretty good about telling people to lay off other site members.

However, if you don't think it is that serious, I would just ignore them. If they want to come make hateful comments, that's their problem. Show you are the bigger person by simply telling them that you aren't interested in arguing with them. And then just leave it at that. If they continue bothering you, just ignore them.

Again, just focus on the people on the site who have your back. That's really all that counts at the end of the day, anyway.

5475489 I do feel threatened, and I'd dearly love to mention one particular user who I feel is violating my privacy and has nothing better to do than constantly watch me and down vote every comment I make, but I don't think I can do that even here.

The site admins are usually pretty good about telling people to lay off other site members.

My ass, they are. Admin Meeester kept turning me down when I beseeched him to get this one user off my back but he insisted I had no proof it was him. ...Actually, if this one user is constantly down voting my comments and possibly persuading others to this cause, should I feel threatened? He's been banned before for insulting me, but I still think he won't stop until he has me banned not just from this site, but from deviantART and the whole Internet. This user did once tell me "get off the Internet" and I am dead fucking serious.

5475495 I am sorry that you've had that experience. Well I've dealt with the Deviant Art staff for about 10 years, and I can guarantee that if you report the people who are harassing you to the Deviant Art staff, they will definitely do something about it. I actually had a case of someone stalking me on Deviant Art. I reported the individual and the Deviant Art staff took down their page (which had all sorts of distributing things written about me on it and unsettling images) right away.

As for the down-votes and such on here, I wouldn't take much stock in them. If push comes to shove, you could always create a new fim fiction account and deviant art account, to have a fresh start on things and avoid having to deal with a lot of the haters you are encountering. But I wouldn't definitely try reporting these people to Deviant Art first to see what happens. And if no action is taken, and things get worse, I would create different accounts so they have no way of really tracing you.

I hope that this helps, and if you have any other questions, let me know. :)

5475515 As of now, it's only on this site that I have problems, and maybe other users will say that I'm the problem. Well, I'm sure they forgot that I never caused any feuds here to begin with. I gave honest opinions, got attacked, and played right into their sticky little hands. On deviantART, I have a much more admirable reputation because I am in fact an artist and an artist is a much better me than trolling bronies shamelessly. My only concern right now is this one user who said to me "get off the Internet", which means that even if I were to be banned for misconduct, it would not be enough to satisfy him. He would then proceed to try and get me banned from other sites. He found me on dA and gave me an insulting warning and I reported it, but I'm not convinced the dA staff did anything about it unless they actually gave him a warning. I'd be more concerned about revenge consuming him before worrying about the fact that if we met in person at a con or something, he'd want to deck me. But seriously, I tried reporting him for my concerns, including him banning me from his personal group when all I did there was casually ask him if he was actually doing his project. He banned me simply because I was not welcome with him after our feud over my opinion of Princess Twilight Sparkle.

I don't think I need to create a new FIMFiction.net account if it means wearing these scars proudly to show that I keep getting back up from what I've been through. If you look at my profile page, it's two-sided. One side of me is a never-say-die kind of person and the other me trolls bronies for their shameful disrespect of others and the MLP:FiM staff. Yeah, I never forgot that they legitimate gave Amy Keating Rogers a death threat before she left to write for Disney.

5475530 Well, I wouldn't worry too much about one site member's empty threats. That being said, if there is any point in time when you legitimately feel threatened by that person and you don't feel like the sites are doing anything about it, you might consider getting a higher entity involved such as legal action taken by an attorney or even a police report. It seems extreme, but sometimes the only hint people can get to stop acting like jerks is to have legal ramifications for their actions put in their faces. Typically, if legal stuff is brought up, the majority of people will back down. Internet harassment is a legitimate reason to get a lawyer and take any of the people involved to court. I know this having many friends in different levels of the legal system (including friends who are attorneys and such).

Trust me: when legal stuff it brought up, people are usually a lot more willing to back off and leave you alone. I also know this from personal experience. I was being stalked on a few different chat servers for a few months. I got legal help from some people I know. And when I told the person (respectfully) to stop harassing me or I would get legal entities involved, they immediately stopped their harassment. It's one thing to think about if things get really bad. But for the time being, I would just ignore this person and try not to let their negative words or actions rub you the wrong way. Simple ignore them and move on with your day. Don't engage with them or reply to anything they say to you because you are just giving them for fuel to hate you and throw back in your face.

Just ignore them and let them get the consequences for their actions over time. Because people like that always get what's coming to them in the end. Your job is to just respectfully decline to interact with that person, block them if you have to, and ignore them.

5475541 It's for the best I ignore this user because maybe his threats are empty. All he really seems to do is monitor my actions and down vote my comments, probably because he knows it makes me uncomfortable. The only thing I know about him is his first name and his project he's doing, which I don't know if he's still working on it.

It's too bad blocking and ignoring doesn't block everything. It just does it for profile pages. I've tried to stop interacting with this user, but I just feel he's far from done with me. But I do know he's the one stalking me because he constantly down votes all my threads in my own anti-brony group. So I keep it hidden from the public site. When the user got a three-day ban, I exposed the group and none of the threads got a single down vote. Once his ban expired, I started getting negative votes again. It wasn't a coincidence. So yeah, I'm not trying to start anything, but I still think he's monitoring everything I'm doing somehow. He must be coming to my profile page, learning what groups I'm in and checking for my threads and comments so he can down vote them. Oh! He came here too! Look! I got a negative vote on my first comment already!

5475557 Well, that more or less shows the level of maturity that he has. The best thing you can do is ignore him. If he wants to downvote everything you do, then that is his own problem. I will bet that he will eventually get bored with you and move on to someone else. That's how trolls work. If they can't bother you, they try to find someone else to bother. So the right course of action to take is to just ignore him. And if you need to hide your group or take other precautions to make sure he doesn't bother you, then do what you can from your side.

5475588 It's a pity, really, because this user seems to actually have a life and the fact that he'd rather spend all his time chasing me around... *rim-shot* ...it's kind of sad, really.

5475608 It's sad, and it just shows his level of maturity. So try not to be too upset about it. Recognize that he's a toll, and just move on. And if you see anyone else on the site try to bait you into anything, I would suggest just ignoring them as well.

5475628 Right. Now THAT felt good. I needed this.

5475633 I hope that I was able to help out. :) And I hope that you feel a little better after talking things out.

Definitely... unless this guy is trying to fool me by giving all my comments positive votes because I don't think any user would do that, then yes, definitely.

5475432 being a brony has nothing to do with the community, it's the love of the show.
In my opinion you sound more like a brony than anything else, and I whole heartedly agree with ya, bronies are toxic.
Sadly, so is everything else in this day and age.
It's not impossible to find like minded individuals, I though am honestly not a prime example, would be glad to support your endeavor, though how is beyond me.
Also, best way to beat a troll?
One. Troll the hell out of them.
Two. Laugh at them.
Three, ignore them.
Four, deny theur existence.
That should work, and I mean honestly if he's that upset about a respectable, personal opinion then he's obviously got some problems.
(Maturity problems count as problems :V )

being a brony has nothing to do with the community, it's the love of the show.
In my opinion you sound more like a brony than anything else

Big fat Pfft. I still think it's possible to kind of like of show without being a brony. Otherwise, does that mean little kids are bronies too?

and I whole heartedly agree with ya, bronies are toxic. Sadly, so is everything else in this day and age.

I will certainly not deny this. It's a crazy world we live in.

As for beating trolls, I do LOVE being able to troll bronies and deny their existences and stuff, but it comes at a hefty price of them making a comeback such as banning me from over 10 groups for insubordinate talk.

5475659 *love*
Therefore implying it's more than a casual like of the show.
And yes.

:rainbowwild:
Damn right.

Insubordinate? What is this a military?
:rainbowderp: it's sad that some people are cowardly enough to ban people for having differing opinions.

5475663 Okay, well I don't really care for the series anymore since the story continued after Season 3 when in my opinion, I don't think it needed to. But I never said I openly despise the series either.

And here's a really sad thing. I tried to tell another user that his spelling of "intelligent" was wrong, being spelled "intellegent". And I have a spell checker. It eventually led up to me getting banned and the admin who banned me made such a big deal over it.

5475670 :V.
To each their own
Anywho.
Hot damn. XD
Were you banned from a group or fimfic on the whole?

5475432 The Haters don't represent the Majority of ANY fandom, They just tend to be louder.

I liked Alicorn Twilight, though I didn't really care that a few people were yelling so I didn't participate in the drama much.

Neither did the rest of the Bronies.

5475689 Well, I only thought that many bronies went ballistic over it. But I do know there was widespread Internet rage over things like Flash Sentry's cameo in "Three's A Crowd" and Pinkie Pie in "Filli Vanilli". And I did hear that death threats to Amy Keating Rogers were made. Yeah, death threats over something in a kids' cartoon. Hate may not be the majority in any fandom, but it does seem to be a majority here in America. And the point is, those certain bronies made death threats. And death threats are not okay, whether people go through with murder or not. Death threats aren't even a joke. If I got any death threats, I would report it to authorities.

5475702 Oh wow, that's the first time I've heard about any death threats to the MLP writers.

I'm not sure what obstacles would be in the way of reporting death threats, but I would definitely like to report them to the authorities.

5475718 Yeah, I think I brought it up a couple of times elsewhere, but no one took it seriously.

The one obstacle I know of is knowing little to nothing about the people who made the death threats. I assume that site admins usually have ways to acquire information through IP addresses and such because they should be prepared for things like these.

Well, Brony or not, good on ya for helping people out. And I used to be an anti-brony myself. Like. So. Damn. Much. Then AnimatedJames happened.

5478095 And how did that... 'change' you?

LightningSword
Group Admin

Admin says: keep the number of posters in this thread to a minimum of 4. No need to delete responses or leave the thread, just answer sparingly. Thank you. :scootangel:

Try and not pay heed to those that hate.

I welcome all with open arms

5478711 With all due respect, this group is called "Talk It Out". Why must threads be limited to only 4 users when some users who post here might have legit problems and it would be comforting to know how many other users have their backs? Is there a good reason?

5479289 You seem moral. Thank you.

Your welcome. This site is much more than a fanfic site for bronies, it's an online community, and everyone should be welcomed.

5479780 Or rather, it should be. I've run into users who would disagree with your words. Very sad. They turned me into what I am today. The ultimate anti-brony.

It saddens me to hear you did not see the best of this fandom/community. I ask you to not write us off as bad but I understand if the damage is already done.

5480091 That's why I came here, to see if truly there was no one left in the community who had given in to being "brainwashed". And it looks like now, I've found the right group. Besides, it's only the bad kinds of bronies I'm against and if the whole community had been taken over, I probably would have been banned forever by now.

Never lose hope in humanity. Even the worst of humans will do the right thing, (once they've tried everything else)

5480359 In real life, that's pretty hard for me to do, given... ah... I can't talk about politics, really, I can't. And this is 2016. We've lost a lot of really good people already.

Politics=the quickest way to lose friends

5480445 And most of everything I've done here didn't even involve politics. Some of it was old brony habits such as Tyrantlestia I felt needed to go die because turning it into headcanon made them go insane. This one user I may have already mentioned claimed Tyrantlestia was canon and it was the motivation behind Alicorn Twilight, which was definitely not the intended way the episode was written. That's how our feud began and I think he's been "after my blood" since. Surely he must scorn me for joining this group as of now, thinking that I'm pretending to repent or something. I'm sorry I might sound paranoid, but I just think he's judging me as a person for my brony trolling.

I've never actually seen someone get THAT offended at a meme.

5480621 This one user believed it to be canon, but worse, he tried to enforce this on other users, including myself! He vowed to make everyone in the community submit to his crummy headcanon that Tyrantlestia manipulated Twilight from the beginning.

5480817 As do I. I've always believed that these kinds of people can never change their ways and so I openly despise them on the grounds that there's no reforming them in any way.

Thing is. SOME really feel they do good. Some actually think they're not hurting anyone.

5480933 Well, I've been hurt here more times than Donald Trump has stirred up controversy.

LightningSword
Group Admin

5479452 The purpose of minimum posters in one thread is to reduce tension and the chance for confrontations, arguments, and (heaven forbid) flame wars. I have been reconsidering the rule, but so far, that seems to be the only issue.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 83